This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What I want in next gen games.

#1GaMeR_2_4Posted 12/4/2012 7:24:01 PM
It seems like everyone cares about graphics but here is what I think we need.

Better frame rates!!!! When I play a game, I expect a smooth experience. I can't tell you how much bad frame rates bother me. Its like trying to play a 1080p youtube video on a 1MB connection speed.

High Res Texture. This is not the same as graphics in my opinion. For example, Uncharted has some amazing graphics but if you look in the right places, you find some UGLY texture. Since ram has gotten significantly cheaper since 2006, his shouldn't be too hard. Hell my phone has 4 times as much ram as the PS3

Full Anti Aliasing. Jaggies make my eyes bleed. Again in Uncharted, they had some great graphics but there are some parts when it just hurts to look at. Sure the PS3 has gotten better with MLAA but MSAA is still better as far as I know.

FASTER LOAD TIMES WITHOUT INSTALLING IN HARDDRIVE! God this bothers the hell out of me whenever I need to install a game. I'm pretty sure if i counted up all the hours I waited for a game to finish installing, it would count up to over a day or or more. This is mainly due to the fact that Blu-ray was brand new technology when it was first implemented in the PS3 so I do expect this to change.

What I am worried about is that developers will focus so much on improving graphics, that none of these complaints will get fixed. In my opinion, games already look great so graphics should come second to these issues I mentioned above.

What do you think we need in next gen games. This isn't only limited to performance. What about types of games? Less shooters? more RPGs? etc.
#2carsaucePosted 12/4/2012 7:25:40 PM
ask Santa Claus,.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#3Dark_Soldier42Posted 12/4/2012 7:28:02 PM
carsauce posted...
ask Santa Claus,.

I can tell you're getting coal for this christmas
---
PSN - ShadowE17
"Ignorant people with opinions are the biggest threat to Society"
#4killakPosted 12/4/2012 7:29:09 PM
4 options from someone that doesn't care about graphics, and 3 of them are graphics related.

lol
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#5carsaucePosted 12/4/2012 7:30:39 PM
carsauce posted...
ask Santa Claus,.

I can tell you're getting coal for this christmas

I always do.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#6servb0tsPosted 12/4/2012 7:31:42 PM
I just want 100% complete games with charm without DLC making up for lack of content.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#7carsaucePosted 12/4/2012 7:31:45 PM
4 options from someone that doesn't care about graphics, and 3 of them are graphics related.

lol

Ironic, isnt it?
---
#8killakPosted 12/4/2012 7:32:18 PM
Ironic, isnt it?

Most certainly
---
My instant game collection - http://tinyurl.com/dxq27an
#9carsaucePosted 12/4/2012 7:32:35 PM
I just want 100% complete games with charm without DLC making up for lack of content.

OH man how I wish this can happen, but we live in the future where DLC is now part of developer's way to make the money on their imcomplete games.
---
#10carsaucePosted 12/4/2012 7:34:16 PM
Ironic, isnt it?

Most certainly

Do you remember when you stopped being a graphic whore?
all i can remembe is when Gran Turismo 2 graphics game out for the PSX, man I was all over that game and how PSX had such great graphics, now flash forward to now...and yet history repeats itself, but to me, these graphics are as real as it can get.
---