This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Im so glad there are still great JRPGs like ni no kuni . WRPGs are so bad

#11mumpsy21Posted 12/4/2012 6:47:15 PM
NoJobBob posted...
mumpsy21 posted...
DA: Origins seems nice. Even though I really dislike the WRPG style.

i wouldnt call it a good game....it does have great character interactions at least though

now DA2 though is just awful

I know! I couldn't even get myself to finish it. And I was playing the PC version.

I agree that the character interactions in Origin are nice, they're actually getting me involved with conversation rather than making me mash the x button. The battle system still needs a bit of tweaking but is pretty enjoyable
---
Rorschaq posted...
Christians only act like Christ when it's convenient to do so
#12rodwipeisdeadPosted 12/4/2012 6:54:13 PM
I think most gamers here are over games full of little kids, and that's a fair call. Even the best JRPG's manage to sneak at least one little kid into your party, but you can deal with that. Now every game that comes along you check out the screenshots and see just a bunch of kids with hideously deformed heads. Ni No Kuni might be a great game, but I'll probably never find out for myself, because I've had enough of the damn kids.
---
What are all these knobs for?
To put their hands in the air.
#13Emerald_MeliosPosted 12/5/2012 11:32:36 PM
NoJobBob posted...
I've honestly never played a good WRPG. They are all lifeless, souless and full of glitches

They haven't been good in ten years. Now the only old-school WRPGs are JRPGs.
#14Devilman_AmonPosted 12/5/2012 11:34:12 PM
carsauce posted...
This game ain't JRPG to me, I want other games, I want Y's or Suikoden

Handheld
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#15Devilman_AmonPosted 12/5/2012 11:35:17 PM
CammyApple posted...
Every rpg regardless of prefix has roots in a wrpg. So keep hating.

No one cares for the 30 year old history lesson that means nothing these days
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#16ArkonBladePosted 12/5/2012 11:39:49 PM
I love WRPG's like Elder Scrolls, Fallout 3, The first Dragon Age and Mass Effect but also still love JRPG's. Don't under stand why there can't be room for both. Also looking foward to Ni No Kuni and The Witch and the hundred knights.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#17batmanfan545Posted 12/5/2012 11:42:23 PM
rodwipeisdead posted...
I think most gamers here are over games full of little kids, and that's a fair call. Even the best JRPG's manage to sneak at least one little kid into your party, but you can deal with that. Now every game that comes along you check out the screenshots and see just a bunch of kids with hideously deformed heads. Ni No Kuni might be a great game, but I'll probably never find out for myself, because I've had enough of the damn kids.

lol, i know exactly exactly what you mean! I'm extremely tired of JRPGs with little-kid / teenage protagonists. It's annoying as heck.
#18digidevilwilPosted 12/5/2012 11:43:31 PM
Level 5 makes overly boring and simple rpgs and this game follows suit with a pitiful half hour demo already feeling like a chore by the end with the complete lack of variety and depth in the combat system. This game isn't doing anything for the genre.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX
#19AgitoXIIIPosted 12/6/2012 12:29:35 AM
mumpsy21 posted...
DA: Origins seems nice. Even though I really dislike the WRPG style.

No it isn't. It's a horribly generic piece of garbage. like the previous user said, the interactions are nice but that's it.

It's an overbloated game by the game media.
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
#20AgitoXIIIPosted 12/6/2012 12:34:14 AM
I'm more on the JRPG side for certain but I will say. Dragon Age is terribly overrated but Kindgom of Amalur isn't that bad at all tho.
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.