This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I haven't been impressed by a JRPG like with Ni No Kuni since Kingdom Hearts

#1Dark World RulerPosted 12/4/2012 8:41:15 PM
Seriously, the only complaint I have for them demo is that it had to end. The music and art style just pulls you in, it's honestly everything I was hoping for in a JRPG but no game this gen has been like it. The big draw though is the battle system, I absolutely hate turn based gameplay and having the ability to move around and cancel your actions is so smartly done. If only White Knight Chronicles had this gameplay and was less MMOish, then Level 5 would have flourished on the PS3.

Im not a big JRPG fan, I need som action elements and even though this is turnbased it's the perfect balance between Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts. I now have the game pre-ordered
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2carsaucePosted 12/4/2012 8:42:00 PM
I fear the difficulty factor will be hard..unless they put an easy setting=)
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#3mgs4fan540Posted 12/4/2012 8:42:14 PM
Well good for you I guess. I thought the demo was horrible tho.
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#4AwayFromHerePosted 12/4/2012 8:43:03 PM(edited)
So now we're going to have 1,000 topics about how good this game is, and 4,000 about how bad it is?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#5AlltraPosted 12/4/2012 8:44:18 PM(edited)
It makes me happy seeing people enjoy this game. I'm loving it myself, it's great, exactly what I was expecting, and exactly what I've been waiting for.

"I fear the difficulty factor will be hard..unless they put an easy setting=)"

The game really wasn't that hard, at least not for me. But, if it is too hard, the demo had a Difficulty Selection in the menu.
---
Saying something has "Charm" is just a cute way of saying it's lighthearted and kiddy.
#6Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:45:11 PM
carsauce posted...

I have to admit I got my ass kicked when I tried fighting the boss in the first part with the monster you use, the actual boy who could cast fire spells was much more effective. The game seems really balanced to me with common enemies not being that difficult at all
---
#7AlltraPosted 12/4/2012 8:50:04 PM
What really makes me happy though, is that you can freely switch between playing as your Human or Imaginn at any time. They share a common HP and MP Pool, but essentially Oliver, and his Imaginn, are the same character, and it opens up a lot of possibilities for strategy. This is even more evident when you play the second scenario, and get to use more than one party member.
---
Saying something has "Charm" is just a cute way of saying it's lighthearted and kiddy.
#8PhaseBlackPosted 12/4/2012 8:58:12 PM
The gameplay is definitely more Pokemon than Kingdom Hearts TC, but I agree! The charm of the game makes it magical
---
PSVita & 3DS
#9carsaucePosted 12/4/2012 9:07:58 PM
carsauce posted...

I have to admit I got my ass kicked when I tried fighting the boss in the first part with the monster you use, the actual boy who could cast fire spells was much more effective. The game seems really balanced to me with common enemies not being that difficult at all

Well it's Level 5 and reminds me of DQ8 that game was grindfest, or die , and only 4 use of items, when I cheated in that game, the story was amazing and so much fun to play, it's crazy how they had such a difficulty on that game for others to stop playing ;x
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#10Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:20:36 PM
carsauce posted...
carsauce posted...

Well it's Level 5 and reminds me of DQ8 that game was grindfest, or die , and only 4 use of items, when I cheated in that game, the story was amazing and so much fun to play, it's crazy how they had such a difficulty on that game for others to stop playing ;x

Well you have to grind in typical JRPGs that are turnbased, since it's your attack vs. the opponents attack each turn. But in Ni No Kuni you can run from enemies during dodging their attacks, it's a lot more dynamic where grinding wont be necessary
---