This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think TOGf is one of the best rpgs on PS3?

#21Aalvi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 2:00:06 AM
peter_888 posted...
Aalvi posted...
peter_888 posted...
Aalvi posted...
Now don't get it wrong, I love the game, was one of the first to get all trophies in NA, broke my phat playing the ex dungeon for too long, etc.

As a Tales game, I prefer others much more in terms of gameplay,characters(especially),story. Really solid game, loved the extras and costumes and all the "little" things.

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe it's chosen because the lack of rpgs this gen(or quality ones or Japanese styled ones). Have people played other Tales games? Would you still choose it if you included PC,360,Wii rpgs?

I`ve played other tales game. Pretty much played every game from symphonia and onward.(Legendia, Abyss, Vesperia, Mythology 1, symphonia 2, graces, etc.)
and I have to say that Graces is probably my second favorite game in the series for me. With only abyss suprassing it.

It may not have the best story but everything is top notch in my opinon. Love the characters and it probably has the best skits in the series. The combat system is the best in the series if we`re talking about 3d tales game. and I love the progression system via titles. Overall, I say I love the game.

Where's the Vesperia love? My fav game this gen if I had to choose(and yes I've played pretty much all the big name titles so the choice of this is questionable).

It hurts me a bit when people bash it or don't acknowledge it or just belittle it, not gonna lie.

I like Vesperia. Probably got the best cast of main characters in a tales game and probably the best team symphonia combat system. but I do like abyss and graces a bit better.

That's cool with me, I liked Abyss villains and general plot better. I think Vesperia battle system set the bar because how much of a monster the main is in battle(so broken but fun and yet could be challenging still). I think maybe some people prefer Graces F battle system is because it strays away from the typical one we've been getting in our Tales games here in NA and EU, also it requires more thought but not really(can't explain atm).
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#22AXKSIONPosted 12/5/2012 2:03:16 AM
king_madden posted...
wasnt very hard to navigate through anything. not sure how you got lost. I played the game for about 30 hours or so, made it to what i believe was the final area, but i kind of got fed up with it and sold it.

Oh and it may look straight forward, but it's not. It's super easy to get lost. Arcadia Garden was really tricky for me.

Anyhow, only 30 hours? Even if you did no sidequests and rushed through the game, you were not even at the halfway point.

DragoonGriffith posted...
Aalvi posted...

Where's the Vesperia love? My fav game this gen if I had to choose(and yes I've played pretty much all the big name titles so the choice of this is questionable).

It hurts me a bit when people bash it or don't acknowledge it or just belittle it, not gonna lie.

Only one person in this thread put it as his last (though he also created a questionable Ni no Kuni thread, so I'd take that opinion with a grain of salt).

Personally, Vesperia is easily my favorite 3D Tales game.

Karol single-handedly ruined the game since he is one of the worst characters of all time. "and then the dragon came and BOOSH POW, blah blah blah had me bug eyed from how cringeworthingly crazy stupid that line was.

Regurgitated dialogue that they repeated hundreds of times.
aer krene / blastia / are you sure you wanna travel with us? - yes - repeat 300+ times / buncha crap about guilds / etc.

didn't like any of the characters

after two years of going back to it off and on, it couldn't hold my interest and I never finished it and my 360 is now dead, so I cannot finish it. got to the part where the old man reveals who he really is.

blechy game
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#23king_maddenPosted 12/5/2012 2:06:31 AM
AXKSION posted...
king_madden posted...
its still a bunch of hallways that lead to a bigger room, then more hallways. wasnt very hard to navigate through anything. not sure how you got lost. I played the game for about 30 hours or so, made it to what i believe was the final area, but i kind of got fed up with it and sold it. I was getting tired of the comabt and the story was getting so terrible I couldnt keep going.

FFXIII is a hallway with locked doors that you can never find the key to. Tales are full of hallways with unlocked doors that lead to rooms = HOUSES

Final Fantasy XIII is a hallway full of locked rooms, whereas the Tales series is a house, since you can enter all the rooms that have multiple exits and passageways and come and go as you please. Hell, in the Tales games you have the option to find keys for all the locked rooms, and many are unlocked.

FFXIII is a severely limiting piss poor excuse for a game, if you can even call it that.

Oh wait, why am I arguing with someone with the name 'MADDEN' in their username?

How about you go back to your THPORTZ and shootehms?

lmao what does FF have to do with any of this?

fyi RPG, and RTS are my favorite genres, but let me guess because I won madden tournaments over 5 years ago so i used "king" madden in a 5 year old user name, then that means all im going to play for the rest of my life are sports games......am i right?

also why did you misspell sports and shootems? whatever that is? I dont even like fps games. let me guess you guessed that from my old username too huh? lmao.

i mean i get your philosophy though, "make yourself look stupid so whoever you're arguing with has nothing left to say". bravo ol chap.
#24DragoonGriffithPosted 12/5/2012 2:07:37 AM
AXKSION posted...

Karol single-handedly ruined the game since he is one of the worst characters of all time. "and then the dragon came and BOOSH POW, blah blah blah had me bug eyed from how cringeworthingly crazy stupid that line was.

aer krene / blastia / are you sure you wanna travel with us? - yes - repeat 300+ times / buncha crap about guilds / etc.

after two years of going back to it off and on, it couldn't hold my interest and I never finished it and my 360 is now dead, so I cannot finish it. got to the part where the old man reveals who he really is.

blechy game

Abyss had non-stop fonon talking, and 100x more techno-babble than Vesperia.
Vesperia's terms at least were easy to discern.

Symphonia had Ex-spheres, "Chosen one" and Colette saying "sorry" for 100x times.

Karol is one of the best developed characters along with Luke in the series, and unless you missed the whole deal with him developing and saving everyone's precious ass, I can't see anyone disliking him except in the beginning.
---
Curently playing: TotA, WA3, Terranigma
#25king_maddenPosted 12/5/2012 2:14:12 AM
AXKSION posted...
king_madden posted...
wasnt very hard to navigate through anything. not sure how you got lost. I played the game for about 30 hours or so, made it to what i believe was the final area, but i kind of got fed up with it and sold it.

Oh and it may look straight forward, but it's not. It's super easy to get lost. Arcadia Garden was really tricky for me.

Anyhow, only 30 hours? Even if you did no sidequests and rushed through the game, you were not even at the halfway point.

DragoonGriffith posted...
Aalvi posted...

Only one person in this thread put it as his last (though he also created a questionable Ni no Kuni thread, so I'd take that opinion with a grain of salt).

Personally, Vesperia is easily my favorite 3D Tales game.

blechy game

last part i remember

they had the idiotic moment where the "demon" leaves and re-enters the prince, and going down those levels in the cocoon.

story was just terrible, though. if that part was nothing more than the halfway point then you are correct. maybe you put so many hours in it because you kept getting lost along those simple passages.
#26AXKSIONPosted 12/5/2012 2:17:10 AM
king_madden posted...
they had the idiotic moment where the "demon" leaves and re-enters the prince, and going down those levels in the cocoon.

story was just terrible, though. if that part was nothing more than the halfway point then you are correct. maybe you put so many hours in it because you kept getting lost along those simple passages.

Except they weren't simple passages, they were full of puzzles to open different pathways.

I take it this was your first Tales game and you don't remember any of it, if you think the game is linear and for simple heads like FFXIII.

If you think so I am just going to add you to my ignore list since I'd have a better conversation with a brick wall than you. Plus you like football, so I already have a reason to ignore you.

http://www.psal.org/images/Articles/2012/201211071653311487.jpg
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#27xOmniCloudxPosted 12/5/2012 2:19:26 AM
badboy posted...
There aren't many other choices.

This. I think the game is nothing special at all and it bores me. But it's leagues ahead of most the few other JRPGS available on PS3 or this gen in general.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#28king_maddenPosted 12/5/2012 2:34:35 AM
AXKSION posted...
king_madden posted...

Except they weren't simple passages, they were full of puzzles to open different pathways.

I take it this was your first Tales game and you don't remember any of it, if you think the game is linear and for simple heads like FFXIII.

If you think so I am just going to add you to my ignore list since I'd have a better conversation with a brick wall than you. Plus you like football, so I already have a reason to ignore you.

http://www.psal.org/images/Articles/2012/201211071653311487.jpg

lmao this guy is classic comedy.

again im not sure what FF has to do with this, I didnt care much for that one either, i only played that one til the end because it was super easy. this was my first tales game actually, I wanted an rpg and there are so few on ps3. ive probably played all of them at some point.

its interesting you would say you would have a better conversation with a brick wall, yet you didnt try to have a conversation you immediately went on a rant about FF, and then started throwing accusations about what games i play. is that your idea of a conversation? spout random unrelated points, and then make false assumptions?

i love that you will ignore me because i like football though, but i have a feeling this would be like someone telling you they will ignore you because of your idiotic statements. you know its true, so why should you care lol.
#29Aalvi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 3:14:24 AM
Topic destroyed

"You are ignoring 5 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here."

Good night GFAQs, never change.
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#30AXKSIONPosted 12/5/2012 3:31:39 AM
king_madden posted...
again im not sure what FF has to do with this, I didnt care much for that one either

king_madden posted...
its still a bunch of hallways that lead to a bigger room, then more hallways.

You mentioned hallways and the ultimate hallway JRPG of all time is FFXIII. You are the one that mentioned hallway.

king_madden posted...
you immediately went on a rant about FF, and then started throwing accusations about what games i play. is that your idea of a conversation? spout random unrelated points, and then make false assumptions?

You are the one who immediately mentioned hallway (FFXIII). Also, your name is Madden so you are as likely to like Japanese games as much as Rosie O Donnel is a vegetarian who loves health food.

king_madden posted...
i love that you will ignore me because i like football though, but i have a feeling this would be like someone telling you they will ignore you because of your idiotic statements.

your
---