This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think TOGf is one of the best rpgs on PS3?

#41flintzPosted 12/5/2012 7:15:13 AM
ive always enjoyed Tales more than other jrpgs, simply because a) there's co-op, so i can play with my siblings and b) i like the combo/real time action gameplay.

Seeing as how Tales has kept to its roots, and improved its gameplay consistently with later versions, while many other jrpgs from previous gens have fallen back or don't even exist at all on PS3, it's no wonder why its one of the better titles on PS3. I know these may sound trivial things, but in this day and age, it seems like a challenge to do them, so good on em i say.
---
"Hans! Look alive! Take the helm! We'll show that fishbowl thing how real men of the sea retreat!" -Captain of the Thames, Xenogears
#42MonicasBackPosted 12/5/2012 7:22:23 AM
because even though its a bad game, its a shining turd in a sea of piss.
---
Monicaaa
#43ChiefColePosted 12/5/2012 7:46:47 AM
Togf is sooooo bad. I regret buying it.
---
PSN: JMONEY4ever
#44king_maddenPosted 12/5/2012 11:49:04 AM
AXKSION posted...
king_madden posted...
again im not sure what FF has to do with this, I didnt care much for that one either

king_madden posted...
its still a bunch of hallways that lead to a bigger room, then more hallways.

You mentioned hallways and the ultimate hallway JRPG of all time is FFXIII. You are the one that mentioned hallway.

king_madden posted...
you immediately went on a rant about FF, and then started throwing accusations about what games i play. is that your idea of a conversation? spout random unrelated points, and then make false assumptions?

You are the one who immediately mentioned hallway (FFXIII). Also, your name is Madden so you are as likely to like Japanese games as much as Rosie O Donnel is a vegetarian who loves health food.

king_madden posted...
i love that you will ignore me because i like football though, but i have a feeling this would be like someone telling you they will ignore you because of your idiotic statements.

your

lol wow how narrow minded can you be? dude literally typed i liked football so its unlikely i like japanese games......like really? so please tell me what kind of person would I have to be to like japanese games? I played football, baseball, basketball, and soccer. I watch anime, love Disgaea, like mlb the show, dont like nba 2k, love starcraft and total war. I guess to love jrpgs I would have to be a none sport playing person.

also I said hallways because thats what this game felt like, I dont have a problem with hallways, you mentioned how it was possible to get so lost, I simply said i didnt find it difficult to navigate due to hallways. then you went on about FF, this was a tales topic i didnt see the point of mentioning FF or that it also had hallways. its like "ummm ok?"
#45medmusclePosted 12/5/2012 12:03:20 PM
I really enjoyed the story in Graces f because it was humorous. It made me laugh on a few occasions (the butt jokes, etc.). Also, Sophie might be my favorite character of all time. I thought she was awesome and had this toughness deep down inside of her that came out at times.

I also enjoyed Tales of Eternia a lot on PSP (inB4batteryiconintopRHcorner). Those are the only 2 Tales games I've played so far, but I do own Vesperia on 360 and Abyss on 3DS, I just haven't played them yet (considering Abyss for my next game to play though).
---
If you want to see FF Type-0 localized, put it in your sig and go here to sign: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#46IChangedMyNamePosted 12/6/2012 3:35:54 PM
Lockheart34 posted...
IChangedMyName posted...
_tanjil_ posted...
It also always pissed me off knowing that the ps3 version was "downgraded" so it could be equivalent to the 360 version.

You really believe this BS STILL! Even after FFXIII-2?

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-xiii-going-multiplatform-changed-nothing-147362.phtml

It's funny because that article is so old. FFXIII was ruined by it's own developers, not Microsoft.

I was looking for a specific article but I couldn't find it. It was an article from 1-up if I remember where SE said the PS3 version was FINISHED before the 360 version even got started.

To blame the games quality on it going multiplat is absurd to me.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#47LazyBroPosted 12/6/2012 3:57:06 PM
I also enjoyed Tales of Eternia a lot on PSP (inB4batteryiconintopRHcorner).

I kind of got used to it and liked the battery icon being there, no more need to press Home just to check the battery status.
I can just keep playing til it reaches 1 bar then charge then play some more.
---
PSN ID: DJay_Firenz. DD Pawn: Scarlet - lvl 147 Sorcerer - Scath/Util.
Clearing up my backlog: Dragon's Dogma, XCOM, TTT2, Warriors Orochi 3, RoF