This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People who have back logs of games are:

#1SophisticationPosted 12/5/2012 1:20:55 AM
A) Too sophisticated and rich to care about burning their money on needless wares.

B) Too lonely and insecure to invest that money into other hobbies like going on dates.

C) Hoarders.

D) Nerdy Gerdy's.

E) Isolationist.

F) Cool dude-brethern who know what they like -- and what they like are games.

G) It's their money, let them spend it on what they want to spend it on. I just don't want to hear their crying and complaining about their huge back log of games when I can only afford one or two games a year.

What's it going to be my fellow Sophistocrats...? What's it going to be?
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#2Deimos259Posted 12/5/2012 1:24:48 AM
They have money to spend but not enough time to play them all.
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#3OfficerTJHookaPosted 12/5/2012 1:25:46 AM
H) Lazy
#4BurgerTime79Posted 12/5/2012 1:28:44 AM
It depends entirely on the person and their mentality. Most of that list sounds incredibly single minded and meant to put people into categorized groups to dismiss them.

I have a large back log because I buy what I'm interested in at prices I can afford. I also collect, so finding 3 games during a B2G1 sale and paying less than $20 can bump my back log up even more. At least I paid $20 and not the $180 it would have originally cost, if they were regular editions.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#5googlerPosted 12/5/2012 1:31:44 AM
I will say I'm all of the above
#6Sony_FanaticPosted 12/5/2012 1:32:25 AM
G. But that's because my new years resolution was to buy new games, and I've only been able to afford 9 altogether. They were all at least a year old.
---
PSN PHOENIX_4pp
Platinum Trophies Modern Warfare 3.. ugh.
#7Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 1:33:14 AM
BurgerTime79 posted...
It depends entirely on the person and their mentality. Most of that list sounds incredibly single minded and meant to put people into categorized groups to dismiss them.

I have a large back log because I buy what I'm interested in at prices I can afford. I also collect, so finding 3 games during a B2G1 sale and paying less than $20 can bump my back log up even more. At least I paid $20 and not the $180 it would have originally cost, if they were regular editions.

Not really... I listed every variance I could think of. I made sure I included every walk of gamer here. Some people would consider a game collector a hoarder. That isn't beyond the realm of possibility either. That was just one instance. I also listed the option of the gamer who knows what they like.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#8snatchsnoopiePosted 12/5/2012 1:34:43 AM
I hate these conversations about back-logs. I don't know, it just sounds so ridiculous when people say they don't have enough time to play a stack of like 20 games.
#9howdyneighbor25Posted 12/5/2012 1:36:26 AM
H) ppl who buy indie trash just to say they own it even tho they kno it will suck ie journey
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#10SpoonSportsPosted 12/5/2012 1:37:39 AM
C) Hoarders.

This. i actually have a backlog of games and this could be a problem. My solution, build a man cave or storage. Currently all of my things are in my home office but I'm looking into contracting someone to build a small house or office in my backyard Then I could move all my stuff their and leave the office to my wife to do as she pleases.
---
Calvin and Hobbes - Greatest comic I ever read!
JRSC 1988 Honda CRX ZC Tuned & Built by: HybridWerks