This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People who have back logs of games are:

#51AsucaHayashiPosted 12/5/2012 10:28:37 AM
H: smart gamers who don't necessarily have to spend a ton of money in order to create a huge list of games yet to be played.

case in point: www.humblebundle.com
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#52HabefietPosted 12/5/2012 10:59:05 AM
Sophistication posted...
A) Too sophisticated and rich to care about burning their money on needless wares.

B) Too lonely and insecure to invest that money into other hobbies like going on dates.

C) Hoarders.

D) Nerdy Gerdy's.

E) Isolationist.

F) Cool dude-brethern who know what they like -- and what they like are games.

G) It's their money, let them spend it on what they want to spend it on. I just don't want to hear their crying and complaining about their huge back log of games when I can only afford one or two games a year.

What's it going to be my fellow Sophistocrats...? What's it going to be?

... I have a backlog because I got the Black Friday PS3 bundle with Infamous 1 + 2 and Uncharted 1 + 2 and ordered a couple things that I want, but won't have time to play them until Christmas break because between Thanksgiving and break is when I have projects due and finals to prep for and such, and in the couple extended periods of times that I can relax I'd rather kick back with my girlfriend and save Infamous for a few days after Christmas when no one feels like doing anything.
#53mrhappyguy12345Posted 12/5/2012 11:04:14 AM
For me its nerdy gerdy and my money to spend. I can't say no to all of these great games coming out. Gaming is my hobby and really the only thing besides food/bills I spend money on.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#54_tanjil_Posted 12/5/2012 11:25:23 AM(edited)
I never understood people who say they only have enough money for 1 or 2 games a year. If you have employment you're more or less good. Of course everyone has expenses and some people I definitely understand. You have a family and you're the sole provider with a crappy job has to be one of the tougher ones, or having to pay for medical bills, etc

But in most cases, if you have a full time job, people do have the money but spend it on things they don't realize is adding up.

For instance, eating out everyday. That is expensive, well I hear it's a lot cheaper to eat out everyday in the states compared to Canada but hear if someone eats out 5 days a week and get's a trio type meal, they're looking at $40 a week, which is more than half a day of work with Quebec minimum wage and an 8hr shift. One $60+ tax game is essentially a bit less than 1 day of work.

Then we have other stuff that hits hard without us realizing like drinking xD I feel worst for smokers, those things are hella expensive and really do nothing for you, except make you feel good...well cause your body "needs" it at this point.
#55Chimera268Posted 12/5/2012 11:35:08 AM
OfficerTJHooka posted...
H) Lazy

Hahaha lol.
---
Currently Playing: Adventure Time.
#56ChaoticKnucklesPosted 12/5/2012 11:39:56 AM
snatchsnoopie posted...
I hate these conversations about back-logs. I don't know, it just sounds so ridiculous when people say they don't have enough time to play a stack of like 20 games.

If you have a full time job, a significant other who doesn't game and you also have other hobbies or things you like to do in your free time it's very easy to feel like you don't have enough time to get through your back log. I'm in that situation right now. There are only so many hours in a day.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.