This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you personally approach reducing your game backlog??

#1NJQuestCatPosted 12/5/2012 3:51:13 AM
I find this question intriguing because i have a lot of games on different platforms to beat. It's hard because I more so have the inclination to play the new games first.

I usually just juggle multiple games at once and play what i feel like playing at a single moment in time which often results in me not finishing my games.

I have uncharted golden abyss and MGS snake eater which i plan on beating on my 18 hour flight home from the Philippines to NJ. Hopefully i dont get sidetracked by the free movies and shows to watch on the plane! Haha.

So how do YOU approach your backlog?? Maybe i can implement your approach.
#2656stoogePosted 12/5/2012 3:53:45 AM
I've learned to deal with the fact that I'll probably never get around to playing half my games. So if I'm playing a game and get bored of it I'm now comfortable not finishing it. As long as I got some enjoyment out of it then it fulfilled it's purpose.
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#3nimrod5488Posted 12/5/2012 3:54:44 AM
I used to play whatever game I felt like at the moment, but that ended up in me playing some games for an hour or two and then not playing them again.

So now I'll play 1 game at a time per console. I've actually cleared a good amount of games I wanted to play out of my backlog, although I do keep buying new ones...
#4JahkeemyorkPosted 12/5/2012 3:56:36 AM
Ummm, well usually I get the shorter games out the way first, or at least games I think are short, though if it's a game I'm very interested in I tackle those first so usually how it goes is

>Interesting Game (Short)
>Interesting Game (Long)
> Game (Short)
> Game (Long)
>Games I own

the last part is mostly gamesI have no real interest in beating I don't tackle those unless there's absolutely nothing to play, though I usually never end up beating them.
#5megamaticsPosted 12/5/2012 3:57:53 AM
I buy games until the Gen is over and just spend my time going through it until I purchase the latest console. Currently Playing Wild arms 2 after having bought it about 7 years ago waiting on the right moment to get a WiiU.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#6NicodimusPosted 12/5/2012 4:02:15 AM
I don't buy more games than I can play at one time. There's no backlog to reduce.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#7NJQuestCat(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:07:43 AM
megamatics posted...
I buy games until the Gen is over and just spend my time going through it until I purchase the latest console. Currently Playing Wild arms 2 after having bought it about 7 years ago waiting on the right moment to get a WiiU.

Yeah i just bought a ps3 a month ago and a wii over the summer. I got both with abundant amount of dirt cheap games so i really have a huge backlog. I want to play Mario Galaxy 2 but i havent beat 1 yet but im also enjoying Sleeping Dogs and Uncharted 1 finally on ps3. My girlfriend just got us Black Ops 2 but i just got BLOPs1 2 weeks ago and ive finally got to enjoy online for the 1st time since its free with PS3. I feel like havent had time to give that online play the time of day. I was really enjoying upgrading my guns and now I have 2 already. I really wasnt planning on biying it for awhile. Oh well...i guess ill just put 1 away and keep it for my collection.
#8LapanuiPosted 12/5/2012 4:10:38 AM
I have trouble tackling my backlog as well.

I said to myself, when I have finished Hitman, I will go back and finish up whatever needs to be done on Assassin's Creed, mainly 100% missions, collecting stuff and such. I then would go back to Darksiders, finish that game and complete as much as I can. Go back to Dishonored and collect everything in that, then back to Borderlands 2... The list goes on lol.

Some games I have finished before a new game came out this year which I am happy with.

Sadly, I want Far Cry 3, I will be able to finish Hitman before Friday (which is when I get paid), need to make a few payments and buy stuff for Christmas, then will order Far Cry 3. If I do finish Hitman before I do all of this stuff, I will probably go back to AC3 or Darksiders and finish them off.

All I know is, I probably won't get a next gen console on release day. I will wait a bit longer for price drop, more games and finishing some of my backlog.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
#9kel25Posted 12/5/2012 4:13:35 AM
I try to avoid buying more games if I am currently playing one I haven't finished. It is rare I have a backlog but when I do I try to complete the shorter games first.
#10NJQuestCat(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:18:23 AM
Lapanui posted...
I have trouble tackling my backlog as well.

I said to myself, when I have finished Hitman, I will go back and finish up whatever needs to be done on Assassin's Creed, mainly 100% missions, collecting stuff and such. I then would go back to Darksiders, finish that game and complete as much as I can. Go back to Dishonored and collect everything in that, then back to Borderlands 2... The list goes on lol.

Some games I have finished before a new game came out this year which I am happy with.

Sadly, I want Far Cry 3, I will be able to finish Hitman before Friday (which is when I get paid), need to make a few payments and buy stuff for Christmas, then will order Far Cry 3. If I do finish Hitman before I do all of this stuff, I will probably go back to AC3 or Darksiders and finish them off.

All I know is, I probably won't get a next gen console on release day. I will wait a bit longer for price drop, more games and finishing some of my backlog.

Lol...i also really want Far Cry 3. I had to pull myself out of the store the other day to not buy it..haha. How do you like Hitman by the way?? I wanted to pick it up but some reviews have swayed me fo not. Ive never played bloood money before so i have no idea what a "good" hitman game is.

I may wait to get that one used.