This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you personally approach reducing your game backlog??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How do you personally approach reducing your game backlog??

User Info: NJQuestCat

NJQuestCat
4 years ago#1
I find this question intriguing because i have a lot of games on different platforms to beat. It's hard because I more so have the inclination to play the new games first.

I usually just juggle multiple games at once and play what i feel like playing at a single moment in time which often results in me not finishing my games.

I have uncharted golden abyss and MGS snake eater which i plan on beating on my 18 hour flight home from the Philippines to NJ. Hopefully i dont get sidetracked by the free movies and shows to watch on the plane! Haha.

So how do YOU approach your backlog?? Maybe i can implement your approach.

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
4 years ago#2
I've learned to deal with the fact that I'll probably never get around to playing half my games. So if I'm playing a game and get bored of it I'm now comfortable not finishing it. As long as I got some enjoyment out of it then it fulfilled it's purpose.
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!

User Info: nimrod5488

nimrod5488
4 years ago#3
I used to play whatever game I felt like at the moment, but that ended up in me playing some games for an hour or two and then not playing them again.

So now I'll play 1 game at a time per console. I've actually cleared a good amount of games I wanted to play out of my backlog, although I do keep buying new ones...

User Info: Jahkeemyork

Jahkeemyork
4 years ago#4
Ummm, well usually I get the shorter games out the way first, or at least games I think are short, though if it's a game I'm very interested in I tackle those first so usually how it goes is

>Interesting Game (Short)
>Interesting Game (Long)
> Game (Short)
> Game (Long)
>Games I own

the last part is mostly gamesI have no real interest in beating I don't tackle those unless there's absolutely nothing to play, though I usually never end up beating them.

User Info: megamatics

megamatics
4 years ago#5
I buy games until the Gen is over and just spend my time going through it until I purchase the latest console. Currently Playing Wild arms 2 after having bought it about 7 years ago waiting on the right moment to get a WiiU.
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
4 years ago#6
I don't buy more games than I can play at one time. There's no backlog to reduce.
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)

NJQuestCat
4 years ago#7
megamatics posted...
I buy games until the Gen is over and just spend my time going through it until I purchase the latest console. Currently Playing Wild arms 2 after having bought it about 7 years ago waiting on the right moment to get a WiiU.

Yeah i just bought a ps3 a month ago and a wii over the summer. I got both with abundant amount of dirt cheap games so i really have a huge backlog. I want to play Mario Galaxy 2 but i havent beat 1 yet but im also enjoying Sleeping Dogs and Uncharted 1 finally on ps3. My girlfriend just got us Black Ops 2 but i just got BLOPs1 2 weeks ago and ive finally got to enjoy online for the 1st time since its free with PS3. I feel like havent had time to give that online play the time of day. I was really enjoying upgrading my guns and now I have 2 already. I really wasnt planning on biying it for awhile. Oh well...i guess ill just put 1 away and keep it for my collection.

User Info: Lapanui

Lapanui
4 years ago#8
I have trouble tackling my backlog as well.

I said to myself, when I have finished Hitman, I will go back and finish up whatever needs to be done on Assassin's Creed, mainly 100% missions, collecting stuff and such. I then would go back to Darksiders, finish that game and complete as much as I can. Go back to Dishonored and collect everything in that, then back to Borderlands 2... The list goes on lol.

Some games I have finished before a new game came out this year which I am happy with.

Sadly, I want Far Cry 3, I will be able to finish Hitman before Friday (which is when I get paid), need to make a few payments and buy stuff for Christmas, then will order Far Cry 3. If I do finish Hitman before I do all of this stuff, I will probably go back to AC3 or Darksiders and finish them off.

All I know is, I probably won't get a next gen console on release day. I will wait a bit longer for price drop, more games and finishing some of my backlog.
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu

User Info: kel25

kel25
4 years ago#9
I try to avoid buying more games if I am currently playing one I haven't finished. It is rare I have a backlog but when I do I try to complete the shorter games first.

NJQuestCat
4 years ago#10
Lapanui posted...
I have trouble tackling my backlog as well.

I said to myself, when I have finished Hitman, I will go back and finish up whatever needs to be done on Assassin's Creed, mainly 100% missions, collecting stuff and such. I then would go back to Darksiders, finish that game and complete as much as I can. Go back to Dishonored and collect everything in that, then back to Borderlands 2... The list goes on lol.

Some games I have finished before a new game came out this year which I am happy with.

Sadly, I want Far Cry 3, I will be able to finish Hitman before Friday (which is when I get paid), need to make a few payments and buy stuff for Christmas, then will order Far Cry 3. If I do finish Hitman before I do all of this stuff, I will probably go back to AC3 or Darksiders and finish them off.

All I know is, I probably won't get a next gen console on release day. I will wait a bit longer for price drop, more games and finishing some of my backlog.

Lol...i also really want Far Cry 3. I had to pull myself out of the store the other day to not buy it..haha. How do you like Hitman by the way?? I wanted to pick it up but some reviews have swayed me fo not. Ive never played bloood money before so i have no idea what a "good" hitman game is.

I may wait to get that one used.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How do you personally approach reducing your game backlog??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived