This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you personally approach reducing your game backlog??

#21PigfartsPosted 12/5/2012 8:03:46 AM
I have a huge back log and I am not even close to playing it, I have about 35-40 xbox 360 and ps3 games I havent even opened yet. I don't know how to approach it.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#22flintzPosted 12/5/2012 8:09:23 AM
simple, by buying more games.
---
"Hans! Look alive! Take the helm! We'll show that fishbowl thing how real men of the sea retreat!" -Captain of the Thames, Xenogears
#23demonsword765Posted 12/5/2012 8:12:33 AM
Backlog never reduces. It will continually rise.
---
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/841/be12546771e0f1be3d8f7d2.jpg
Morning Rescue, official drink of Puella Magi!
#24LiquidAntagonisPosted 12/5/2012 8:23:09 AM
"backlog"

Sounds like such a dougebag term.

"Cha bra, my backlog is....like...at least three times as long as the legs of this totally hot chick whose house I just came from after a night of beer pong, Snoop Dogg inspired strip poker, and enough casual sex to force even the most filth ridden gutter slut to grow a conscience and get tested for AIDS.

I dunno...there's something about that term...it's like you're implying that you've got so much money and time and such a glamorous life that you can't stop to engage in such a meaningless activity like gaming. It reminds me of the type of people who save face by making up things to say to others that they might know while at the supermarket about their lives so that they can feel better about their meaningless existence for a brief moment.

"So, Charles, what've you been up to? Did you get a chance to play AC III yet?"

"Ah, you know how it is - just been so busy! With a full time job, and college, and my baby's mama on the side, I just haven't had time to get around to it. It's in my backlog"

(Charles lives at home with his folks, doesn't bathe, and spends most of every waking moment high out of his mind while playing some sort of gaming software, and is only at the supermarket because his mother begrudgingly told him to do something otherwise she'd throw him out)

Sure, sure, there are some people out there who actually do stuff...I guess it's hard to differentiate between the ones who're lying and the ones who aren't.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it...

Anyway, to answer your question: Easy - just don't buy any more games until you've played and finished the ones you already have.
---
>provides users with the ability to dispute a "moderation"
>list of reasons why every argument is "refutable" =_=
#25deprofundis442Posted 12/5/2012 8:48:20 AM
No, you're right. Single people without major hobbies who say they're too busy are full of it. I have too much going on to finish games quickly and it drives me nuts, but I try.

As for tackling a backlog, my approach is to stop buying new games and work on old ones. Forget side quests and side content. Just plow through.
#26este914Posted 12/5/2012 8:50:33 AM
656stooge posted...
I've learned to deal with the fact that I'll probably never get around to playing half my games. So if I'm playing a game and get bored of it I'm now comfortable not finishing it. As long as I got some enjoyment out of it then it fulfilled it's purpose.

Good answer!
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#27VigilantStevePosted 12/5/2012 11:16:10 AM
I reduce my game backlog by buying more games...

...crap!
#28HwoarangExpert1Posted 12/5/2012 11:53:52 AM
VigilantSteve posted...
I reduce my game backlog by buying more games...

...crap!

this unfortunately
---
PSN - Ziaro_7
#29siberian142Posted 12/5/2012 12:02:37 PM
By adding more games to my backlog.

I am probably more of an amateur collector than a gamer at this point. I keep adding games even though I already have so many to get through. And I am rarely in the mood to start the games that I am not 100% interested in, so attempting to tackle anything in my backlog usually results in forcing myself to get through it. I am not comfortable with that so I play the games that I want while having the option of choosing a game in my backlog whenever I feel like it.
#30Black_AssassinPosted 12/5/2012 12:56:27 PM
I open my web browser and procrastinate.