This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will I like I am Alive if I liked the movie I am Legend?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Will I like I am Alive if I liked the movie I am Legend?

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
4 years ago#21
On the Visual quality and game length, keep in mind that it's a $15 download game. But for the $15, it's more than worth it. It would be a rip-off if it sold for $60 retail, but that's not the case, and even if it's not the best looking PS3 game out there, seriously, it's PS3. Even bad-looking PS3 games still look good. It's not like you're playing a faux-3D SNES game or anything.

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
4 years ago#22
You_Need_A_Life posted...
On the Visual quality and game length, keep in mind that it's a $15 download game. But for the $15, it's more than worth it. It would be a rip-off if it sold for $60 retail, but that's not the case, and even if it's not the best looking PS3 game out there, seriously, it's PS3. Even bad-looking PS3 games still look good. It's not like you're playing a faux-3D SNES game or anything.

Yeah but also don't forget the game had a pretty big hyped up trailer originally making many believe it was going to be a big budget retail release. I still got it though I rarely play it..
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
4 years ago#23
It's not really worth multiple playthroughs, since there's only so much to do. But the three playthroughs I got out of it were fun and worth the $15. I don't think it's a game everyone can enjoy, but if you know what it is going in and you aren't expecting it to be something it isn't, it's a very nice niche game that the market hasn't had in a long time. It's a shame that there's no DLC or anything to extend the story and actually bring about some closure, since the ending was left pretty open.

User Info: ZombiDeadZombi

ZombiDeadZombi
4 years ago#24
megamatics posted...
I am Legend is like a modern take on the movie Last Man on Earth. I am Alive is completely different.

I Am Legend is a modern take on I Am Legend.

Last Man on Earth is it's era's take on I Am Legend, just as The Omega Man is it's era's take on I Am Legend.

User Info: Sophistication

Sophistication
4 years ago#25
I liked it. Looks better than the last of us ever did. It also beat it to the punch. See, ND was probably making the same game as I am alive, but when they got wind of it they forced some absurd zombie plot on us. Straw reaching is about all they're good for.
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.

User Info: ArmedRebellion

ArmedRebellion
4 years ago#26
it's definitely worth a play through at least once. For a $15 PSN game it's a great deal...

the ending is really abrupt and random though... the game was originally going to be a full scale disc game, but it's almost like the developers got half way through making it, got their funding cut, and slapped a random ending on there in what should have been the middle of the game.
"Give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry
http://i50.tinypic.com/34h6pas.jpg http://i50.tinypic.com/23l7xx.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Will I like I am Alive if I liked the movie I am Legend?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived