This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will I like I am Alive if I liked the movie I am Legend?

#21You_Need_A_LifePosted 12/5/2012 9:00:09 AM
On the Visual quality and game length, keep in mind that it's a $15 download game. But for the $15, it's more than worth it. It would be a rip-off if it sold for $60 retail, but that's not the case, and even if it's not the best looking PS3 game out there, seriously, it's PS3. Even bad-looking PS3 games still look good. It's not like you're playing a faux-3D SNES game or anything.
#22Devilman_AmonPosted 12/5/2012 3:59:57 PM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
On the Visual quality and game length, keep in mind that it's a $15 download game. But for the $15, it's more than worth it. It would be a rip-off if it sold for $60 retail, but that's not the case, and even if it's not the best looking PS3 game out there, seriously, it's PS3. Even bad-looking PS3 games still look good. It's not like you're playing a faux-3D SNES game or anything.

Yeah but also don't forget the game had a pretty big hyped up trailer originally making many believe it was going to be a big budget retail release. I still got it though I rarely play it..
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#23You_Need_A_LifePosted 12/5/2012 5:31:31 PM
It's not really worth multiple playthroughs, since there's only so much to do. But the three playthroughs I got out of it were fun and worth the $15. I don't think it's a game everyone can enjoy, but if you know what it is going in and you aren't expecting it to be something it isn't, it's a very nice niche game that the market hasn't had in a long time. It's a shame that there's no DLC or anything to extend the story and actually bring about some closure, since the ending was left pretty open.
#24ZombiDeadZombiPosted 12/5/2012 5:37:15 PM
megamatics posted...
I am Legend is like a modern take on the movie Last Man on Earth. I am Alive is completely different.

I Am Legend is a modern take on I Am Legend.

Last Man on Earth is it's era's take on I Am Legend, just as The Omega Man is it's era's take on I Am Legend.
#25SophisticationPosted 12/5/2012 5:48:40 PM
I liked it. Looks better than the last of us ever did. It also beat it to the punch. See, ND was probably making the same game as I am alive, but when they got wind of it they forced some absurd zombie plot on us. Straw reaching is about all they're good for.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#26ArmedRebellionPosted 12/5/2012 5:54:28 PM
it's definitely worth a play through at least once. For a $15 PSN game it's a great deal...

the ending is really abrupt and random though... the game was originally going to be a full scale disc game, but it's almost like the developers got half way through making it, got their funding cut, and slapped a random ending on there in what should have been the middle of the game.
---
"Give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry
http://i50.tinypic.com/34h6pas.jpg http://i50.tinypic.com/23l7xx.jpg