This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does everyone blame CoD for so many console FPS, it was Goldeneye's fault

#1MourningReignsPosted 12/5/2012 6:41:04 AM
Yeah, CoD is popular this gen, but if it wasn't for Goldeneye way back on the N64 making FPS popular and possible, we wouldn't have all of the FPS out today.

Blame Goldeneye.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#2mogar002Posted 12/5/2012 6:42:26 AM
CoD is why FPS are becoming stale, most FPS are trying to copy it. Goldeneye just made FPS popular on consoles.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3sonyisg0dPosted 12/5/2012 6:45:07 AM
And if it weren't for Wolfenstein being factually based on the exploits of Hitler, we wouldn't have had Goldeneye. So it all comes down to Nazis...
#4MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:48:02 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5majin nemesisPosted 12/5/2012 6:48:55 AM
didn't Doom and Quake came out on PS1

sonyisg0d posted...
And if it weren't for Wolfenstein being factually based on the exploits of Hitler, we wouldn't have had Goldeneye. So it all comes down to Nazis...

actually it all comes down to Maze War which is credit at being the very first FPS
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#6You_Need_A_LifePosted 12/5/2012 6:54:49 AM
MourningReigns posted...
Yeah, CoD is popular this gen, but if it wasn't for Goldeneye way back on the N64 making FPS popular and possible, we wouldn't have all of the FPS out today.

Nobody blames CoD for so many console FPS games, they blame CoD for destroying the hardcore shooter genre and turning every shooting game into a casual pew-pew-bang-bang KDR! KDR! farce.
#7kupo1705Posted 12/5/2012 6:57:03 AM
Goldeneye is actually pretty bad, try playing it now.
Halo is the first FPS that worked well on a console.
#8antoinejonesPosted 12/5/2012 6:58:41 AM
except golden eye was actually good.... and if ist goldeneyes fault why wasnt the ps1, 2, gamecube, xbox flooded with FPSs like the ps3/360 are?
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#9MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:59:23 AM
kupo1705 posted...
Goldeneye is actually pretty bad, try playing it now.
Halo is the first FPS that worked well on a console.

That doesn't change the fact that it made FPS popular and showed it was possible back in the day.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#10banzaiheilPosted 12/5/2012 7:00:53 AM
MourningReigns posted...
sonyisg0d posted...

****ing Hitler. It's always Hitler and his endless struggle for the most beautiful blonde, blue eyed sons of *****es.

Tee hee! *bats eyelashes*
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!