This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does everyone blame CoD for so many console FPS, it was Goldeneye's fault

#21Jason_HudsonPosted 12/5/2012 9:28:57 AM
sonyisg0d posted...
And if it weren't for Wolfenstein being factually based on the exploits of Hitler, we wouldn't have had Goldeneye. So it all comes down to Nazis...

And if there was no WWII, we wouldn't have even had Call of Duty to start with.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest MW3 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#22MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:31:36 AM
Jason_Hudson posted...
sonyisg0d posted...
And if it weren't for Wolfenstein being factually based on the exploits of Hitler, we wouldn't have had Goldeneye. So it all comes down to Nazis...

And if there was no WWII, we wouldn't have even had Call of Duty to start with.

So good thing Hitler existed, or we wouldn't have these games.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#23Ryan SiPosted 12/5/2012 9:34:41 AM
What a weak argument TC. All GoldenEye did was popularize the genre on consoles. That game came out in 1997....it wasn't until this current gen that the genre has become stale mostly thanks to everyone trying to copy CoD.

I don't think people hate the FPS genre, it's the sheer amount of clone shooters that annoy people. The genre is very stale...on consoles (imo). Military shooters, scripted, , QTEs, ADS, bleh.

I'm more into shooters like Quake, Half-Life, Red Faction, etc...so I don't bother with the genre on consoles anymore anyway. The one shooter I own for PS3 is GoldenEye: Reloaded and it's terrible.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#24secondhand1Posted 12/5/2012 9:35:29 AM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
casual pew-pew-bang-bang KDR! KDR! farce.

DarthNAS4 posted...
watering down FPS to the pew pew lame fest.

This is a common theme for the anti CoD crowd. What does this mean? Is this to say that prior to console accessibility for the FPS, it was slow and tatical and was comprised of but just one, "pew"?
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#25LeadPipeCinchePosted 12/5/2012 9:43:53 AM
i didnt know goldeneye gets beat into the ground and remade every year with a new release.
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#26You_Need_A_LifePosted 12/5/2012 9:51:00 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
people that say cod destroyed he genre are nothing but sheeps...there still tons and tons of options available.

I can think of two competitive console FPS games this gen that aren't casual - SOCOM: Confrontation from 2008, and Operation Flashpoint; Dragon Rising from 2009.

Many shooter options, yes. But they're almost all the same casual crap. And if you can't tell the difference, then you're one of those pew-pew kids. Also, I don't care how old you actual are or how many kids you have or how many Germans you killed in WWII or how weak your knees are from decades of construction work and whatever other crap you're gonna lump into a paragraph to prove how I'm the kid instead of you, so spare me.
#27MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:52:26 AM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
people that say cod destroyed he genre are nothing but sheeps...there still tons and tons of options available.

I can think of two competitive console FPS games this gen that aren't casual - SOCOM: Confrontation from 2008, and Operation Flashpoint; Dragon Rising from 2009.

Many shooter options, yes. But they're almost all the same casual crap. And if you can't tell the difference, then you're one of those pew-pew kids. Also, I don't care how old you actual are or how many kids you have or how many Germans you killed in WWII or how weak your knees are from decades of construction work and whatever other crap you're gonna lump into a paragraph to prove how I'm the kid instead of you, so spare me.

MAG was pretty good.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#28You_Need_A_LifePosted 12/5/2012 9:56:27 AM
secondhand1 posted...
This is a common theme for the anti CoD crowd. What does this mean? Is this to say that prior to console accessibility for the FPS, it was slow and tatical and was comprised of but just one, "pew"?

Ha ha, I admit I just started using the term pew-pew because everyone else does.

What I mean is that hardcore shooters and non-casual shooters make you thin about what you're going to do before you do it, and a poor decision gives you consequences to live with. CoD, instead, is just everyone sprinting around willy-nilly until they see someone and then it becomes a game of "whoever holds L1/R1 first wins." Ammo comes from a pool and health regenerates, so you can do whatever stupid crap you want without fear of reprisal, and if you die you just respawn so there's no fear of getting killed. Every time you kill someone a big "100XP" pops up and so forth.

I'm not saying that CoD doesn't have its place. It's an excellent game for what it is, but it shouldn't be the ONLY game, and it might as well be with every other shooter copying it. That's not CoD's fault, but CoD takes the flak.
#29Dirty_DianaPosted 12/5/2012 4:45:07 PM
Goldeneye never sold 10 million in one week
---
2D Sidescrollers For Life!
#30ElBorak77Posted 12/5/2012 5:03:28 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Goldeneye is actually pretty bad, try playing it now.
Halo is the first FPS that worked well on a console.

bullcrap.
---
PSN El_Borak_77