This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fighting games that favor buttonmashing?

#1KevoCSCSPosted 12/5/2012 8:45:21 AM
I can't think of anything more tedious and unappealing than memorizing a bunch of boring button combinations and half circles to get good at a game.

So are there any fighting games out there where I can do a decent job just mashing the buttons?
#2MourningReignsPosted 12/5/2012 8:46:38 AM
Playstation All-Stars, MvC3,
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#3zUkUuPosted 12/5/2012 8:48:26 AM
you can mash in every game, thing is, it won't bring you far.
and it's the same as saying "I don't want to learn how to aim, so which game have auto aim?"

it's stupid, learn to play.
#4ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/5/2012 8:49:09 AM
DOA5...pretty much everything strings into a combo. Keep in mind that you will still be free to people who know wtf they're doing.
#5toadiemanPosted 12/5/2012 8:49:21 AM
I don't wanna make choices so I autobattle.
---
PSN: toadieman
#6este914Posted 12/5/2012 8:50:01 AM
Fight Night champion?
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#7nite1017Posted 12/5/2012 8:51:49 AM
you can mash in any game... but easier games to mash would be tekken (for 3d games) and umvc3 (for 2d games).
#8KevoCSCS(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:52:23 AM
zUkUu posted...
and it's the same as saying "I don't want to learn how to aim, so which game have auto aim?"

Well it's not exactly the same. Aiming requires skill but it's still a simple process. Easy to learn, tough to master. Just playing a fighting game requires too much tedious busywork. Dial a combo is the most boring thing I can imagine in any game and I played Dragon Warrior VII.
#9nite1017Posted 12/5/2012 8:52:37 AM
DOA5...pretty much everything strings into a combo. Keep in mind that you will still be free to people who know wtf they're doing.

oh yeah that's true, doa only got two attack buttons... so you can just mash those two and look like a pro.
#10zUkUuPosted 12/5/2012 8:55:37 AM
KevoCSCS posted...
zUkUu posted...

Well it's not exactly the same. Aiming requires skill but it's still a simple process. Easy to learn, tough to master. Just playing a fighting game requires too much tedious busywork. Dial a combo is the most boring thing I can imagine in any game and I played Dragon Warrior VII.

it's the same. execution isn't hard at a basic level. most games either have short combos or easy to do chain combos. timing can be difficult for both depending on the combo tho. it's the very nature of that game, so you have to adapt that or don't play it at all.
outplaying your opponent and doing the right thing at the right moment is vastly more important.

again, why play a ego shooter if you use an aimbot?