This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fighting games that favor buttonmashing?

#11EoinPosted 12/5/2012 8:00:05 AM
nite1017 posted...
you can mash in any game... but easier games to mash would be tekken (for 3d games) and umvc3 (for 2d games).

Mash in Tekken and you'll get crushed by any remotely competent fighter. Even the AI will crush a masher on most difficulties in more recent Tekken games. I haven't played UMvC3 but I suspect it's probably the same.

It's like zUkUu said - you can mash in pretty much any fighting game, but you won't get much out of it.
#12namethatno1usesPosted 12/5/2012 8:07:16 AM
I heard that Persona 4 arena has something called "autocombo". No idea what that is, but it might be what you're looking for.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#13gamestop27Posted 12/5/2012 8:16:12 AM
You are looking for a fighting game that doesn't exist in this generation.
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.
#14mogar002Posted 12/5/2012 8:18:01 AM
Every fighting game
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#15arczero_xPosted 12/5/2012 8:20:37 AM
Persona 4 has an auto-combo feature where if you press the Square button repeatedly, your character will make a combo and will end with a super provided that you have enough super gauge for it.

I would say Tekken 6/Tag 2 or DoA5 would be the best for button mashing. Oh, and Soul Calibur too.
---
http://backloggery.com/arczero
Whatever that is on your mind is my signature.
#16Rancid_SkankPosted 12/5/2012 8:29:06 AM
You can mash buttons on pretty much any fighting game, and probably beat the AI quite consistently when doing so.

Trying it against a human opponent either locally or online who even semi-knows what they are doing will cause you to lose pretty much every time though, and you'll never get any better either.
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK
#17SieKensouPosted 12/5/2012 9:00:23 AM
Eoin posted...
nite1017 posted...
you can mash in any game... but easier games to mash would be tekken (for 3d games) and umvc3 (for 2d games).

Mash in Tekken and you'll get crushed by any remotely competent fighter. Even the AI will crush a masher on most difficulties in more recent Tekken games. I haven't played UMvC3 but I suspect it's probably the same.

It's like zUkUu said - you can mash in pretty much any fighting game, but you won't get much out of it.

umm that's what he said as well... he only said it's easier... keyword easier still not guaranteed success
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#18EoinPosted 12/5/2012 9:18:47 AM
SieKensou posted...
umm that's what he said as well... he only said it's easier... keyword easier still not guaranteed success

It's not a case of it being "not guaranteed success". On any recent Tekken, on anything other than an easier AI (and perhaps a newbie or someone with a ridiculously horrible online connection), mashing is guaranteed failure. It's pointless to even try it.
#19LionheartCJPosted 12/5/2012 9:22:12 AM
Eoin posted...
SieKensou posted...

It's not a case of it being "not guaranteed success". On any recent Tekken, on anything other than an easier AI (and perhaps a newbie or someone with a ridiculously horrible online connection), mashing is guaranteed failure. It's pointless to even try it.

^ Agreed, thats one of the best things about the recent Tekken games. I actually get a challenge

not that im a complete master at it, but its good to get challenged
---
www.youtube.com/watch?v=49F4qRtNfUw - YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!, YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!!
#20SolidManifestPosted 12/5/2012 9:25:50 AM
LOL@ppl saying you can button mash in UMVC3
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell