This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fighting games that favor buttonmashing?

#21gamestop27Posted 12/5/2012 9:26:49 AM
Eoin posted...
SieKensou posted...
umm that's what he said as well... he only said it's easier... keyword easier still not guaranteed success

It's not a case of it being "not guaranteed success". On any recent Tekken, on anything other than an easier AI (and perhaps a newbie or someone with a ridiculously horrible online connection), mashing is guaranteed failure. It's pointless to even try it.

Especially in Tag 2 where the AI will pull of some crazy stuff even on easy, they'll actually block, use safe strings, and bait you. In Tekken 6 you can get away with mashing on easy through hard, but very hard and ultra hard is where mashing will end in failure.
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.
#22arczero_xPosted 12/5/2012 9:27:08 AM
SolidManifest posted...
LOL@ppl saying you can button mash in UMVC3

As long as you don't play online (which I bet some people don't), then they can.
---
http://backloggery.com/arczero
Whatever that is on your mind is my signature.
#23SolidManifestPosted 12/5/2012 9:30:07 AM
then make a clear case saying its against AIs. Not top level game play vs humans
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#24touyamizrahiPosted 12/5/2012 9:39:02 AM
i figured button mashing in fighters was gone since the original street fighter 2. get them in a corner, e. honda continuous hundred hand slap = win! cause then games like killer instinct put in things like combo breakers so you can just be chained or pinned down. honestly, why bother playing a game if you're just going to want to press one (or maybe two) buttons for the entire time you play the game? just watch videos of it online would be equally satisfying at that point and you save yourself some money.
---
oh look!!! CUPCAKES!
PSN: KatouKimiko
#25TheTrueNubPosted 12/5/2012 9:40:51 AM
You cannot do "decent" at any fighting game by mashing.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#26ZeroFinalPosted 12/5/2012 9:47:58 AM
Killer Instinct Gold was hilarious for button mashing. You really could just jump in and start slamming the C-buttons and pull off a 15+ hit combo.
#27DocDeliciousPosted 12/5/2012 9:53:07 AM
KevoCSCS posted...
So are there any fighting games out there where I can do a decent job just mashing the buttons?

All of them.
---
Playing - Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Vanquish, MGS HD Col, Resonance of Fate, Monster Hunter FU, Shadows of the Damned, Valkyria Chronicles
PSN: DocDelicious
#28plo617Posted 12/5/2012 9:57:27 AM
este914 posted...
Fight Night champion?

lol..no.
#29SolidManifestPosted 12/5/2012 1:10:01 PM
This is how not to play any fighting game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0DmOHSwP8g
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#30JahkeemyorkPosted 12/5/2012 1:15:00 PM
SolidManifest posted...
LOL@ppl saying you can button mash in UMVC3

overheard square square triangle triangle circle X, square square triangle X, assist square x, square triangle X, ground attack X factor Super - Every character i UMVC3