This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fighting games that favor buttonmashing?

#41EoinPosted 12/5/2012 2:55:42 PM
Jahkeemyork posted...
overheard square square triangle triangle circle X, square square triangle X, assist square x, square triangle X, ground attack X factor Super - Every character i UMVC3

I don't know what you're trying to prove, but that's not mashing. Mashing is pressing buttons (and/or stick directions) pretty much aimlessly in the general hope that something good will happen.
#42Willie_MakeitPosted 12/5/2012 2:59:27 PM
DOA 5. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. It does have it's combo's and half circles, but it's pretty noob friendly.
---
Sig is currently under construction. Deal with it.
#43SieKensouPosted 12/5/2012 2:59:56 PM
Eoin posted...
Jahkeemyork posted...
overheard square square triangle triangle circle X, square square triangle X, assist square x, square triangle X, ground attack X factor Super - Every character i UMVC3

I don't know what you're trying to prove, but that's not mashing. Mashing is pressing buttons (and/or stick directions) pretty much aimlessly in the general hope that something good will happen.

if you are using the same combo (long one at that) with every single character AND it works, then it's just as bad >.>
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#44FoolMeNeverPosted 12/5/2012 3:07:39 PM(edited)
SieKensou posted...
Eoin posted...
Jahkeemyork posted...

if you are using the same combo (long one at that) with every single character AND it works, then it's just as bad >.>

That's not a long combo, and it's barely optimized at all. That's, like, Day -1 crap people do when they first get the game.
---
A man who argues with people, who aren't even there,
is more fit to rap against this ****ing chair!
#45EoinPosted 12/5/2012 3:09:44 PM
SieKensou posted...

Perhaps. I shall let others deal with the actual discussion about the specifics of UMvC3, since I know virtually nothing about it. However, no matter how "bad" or otherwise it might be, it's still not mashing. The point of the topic is fighting games where you can do well by mashing. Posting about a thing in a game that (may) enable someone to do well using a method other than mashing is not really addressing the topic.
#46SieKensouPosted 12/5/2012 3:11:27 PM
i expect shared button combos to be at most 5 or 6 in length..... you have way more than 5 or 6 in that chain.. 18+ is long......
---
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#47FoolMeNeverPosted 12/5/2012 3:18:07 PM(edited)
SieKensou posted...
i expect shared button combos to be at most 5 or 6 in length..... you have way more than 5 or 6 in that chain.. 18+ is long......

Not in Marvel.

EDIT: Let me put it this way. Yes, that combo can be done with pretty much majority of the cast. (Excluding Ghost Rider.) But two things: Light attacks in combos generally kill the damage scaling, so, unless the Square is in the beginning, is a reset, or some other odd circumstance, it's generally a bad combo if there's a Light in there. And two, there are far better combos for characters that don't even use Magic series.

Example:

Nova:

j.H, M, H, S, j.H, QCB-S, j.H, QCB-S, land, H, S, j.H, SRK-ATK-ATK
---
A man who argues with people, who aren't even there,
is more fit to rap against this ****ing chair!
#48SieKensouPosted 12/5/2012 3:18:20 PM
FoolMeNever posted...
SieKensou posted...

Not in Marvel.

umm.... a button press is a button press...

i press 1 button does not mean i press 10 buttons
if i press 6 buttons i did not press 18
if i press 18 buttons i did not press 5....

18 is 18... 18 is three times more than 6.... if 6 is average, 18 is long

actually, i would consider 10 buttons fairly long as well... to be considered basic.... i don't consider tekken 10hit combos to be basic though it should be basic knowledge to tekken players anyways..
---