This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is your personal GOTY?

#1Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 12/5/2012 9:09:14 AM
felt like discussing this...

i will make my nominations and then try to choose amongst them.
rules-
no re-releases (p4 the golden, Dark Souls: Perpare to die edition, Zone of the Enders HD)
has to had been release in 2012.
you must explain yourself.
you must have beaten the game.

Dishonored
for varied vertical unparalled nonlinear level design, art direction and atmosphere; Doshonored was a complete package for those who want a stealth game with some action adventure twists. replaying this and discovering alternate routes was one of the great joys one could have in a game. easily the most visually strinking games this year.

Sleeping Dogs
an authentic hong kong experience without having to buy a plane ticket... very tight and almost arcade like driving mechanics make this game the open world crime game with the best driving i have ever experienced. Compounded with very fluid and responisve combat and martial arts moves with a very gripping story and compelling characters. In many ways it is the spiritual successor to Shenmue we needed. a large enough map that is sprawling but never wastes any space, but not too small where you feel confined. its also a very pretty game.

Tokyo Jungle
a very simpley yet extremely addictive survival game that has more heart than most. fast paced and often humorous, this action survival game may not look like much, but where it lacks in a mega budget, it has intensity. the fight for survival had never been executed this masterfully before, and with so many unlockables it will constantly be dangling a carrot in front of you for a while.

Lolipop Chainsaw
the best beatem up i got to play that also has the best soundtrack in a game this year. the witty dialogue and outrageous bosses kept me coming back to relive them. this was the feel good game of the year for me... zombies, chainsaws and panty shots. there was no way i wasnt gonna nominate this.

Spec Ops: The Line
a game thatwill make you wish you had never been born... FINALLY a war game that will show you the true ugliness of humanity. Powerhouse performances by the charcaters, and the best script written in a game this year. spec ops is many things... it deconstructs the war game genre is what it does the best by using the standard cover based shooter formula and making a statement about it, all the while gving you choices that actually matter.

Silent Hill: Downpour
despite its obvious technical flaws, this game gave me a bold and true survival horror experience. a horror ga,e where i finally was no longer empowered and felt genuine dread when ever i stepped over a threshhold into a new room. this to me is what true survival horror is... and it contiues the proven tradition of de-emphasis on combat will make a game more tense. its is the best non japanese silent hill.

after all was said in done...
my Personal GOTY is...

Dishonored

its the one game i keep returning to the most despite completing it 100 percent.
that means alot to me.

so what is YOUR GOTY?
---
-choose death-
#2GoLions99Posted 12/5/2012 9:10:55 AM
Borderlands 2
---
PSN:Zepkani Currently Playing -Disgaea 4, Black Ops II, Assassins Creed 3, ME 3
#3mogar002Posted 12/5/2012 9:11:41 AM
Dragon Quest VIII
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#4true_gamer80Posted 12/5/2012 9:12:01 AM
very easily Farcry 3
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related
#5gamestop27Posted 12/5/2012 9:13:15 AM
It's between Tekken Tag tournament 2 and Dragon's Dogma.
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.
#6badboyPosted 12/5/2012 9:14:26 AM
Sleeping Dogs
#7este914Posted 12/5/2012 9:14:28 AM
how about.... Resident Evil 6 ?!
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#8JurassicBondPosted 12/5/2012 9:16:13 AM
X-Com: Enemy Unknown
---
Reading: The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East - R. Fisk
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#9manjiPosted 12/5/2012 9:17:54 AM
+1 for XCOM: Enemy Unknown
#10JohnHitman47Posted 12/5/2012 9:23:21 AM
Hard for me to choose 1.

Far cry 3
Hitman absolution
Borderlands 2
---
Gamefaqs its now J-Faqs, especially the PS3 board.