This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need everyone help by midnight!

#1jkrobsPosted 12/5/2012 11:34:09 AM
Hello guys,

Ok listen I need your help guys.

I don't want to bore you with my life story...but last Xmas a couple of days before my 60gig ps3 died on me. I got some weird light and disk got stuck anyway...

This Christmas my gf asked me what do I want. Cannot be anymore than 300 quid. I got her a Nikon camera.

Anyway, I've decided I want a console....problem is I'm not trolling, but I don't know which console to get..

I'm 99.9 sure I want a ps3 ...but I don't know what games to get.

Before my old ps3 broke I played and completed batman arham city, ancharted 3. After that my ps3 broke...

My gf is going to order what I want tonight from amazon..

I keep thinking about the vita. But then people say its gonna fail or a price drop is coming... And with the ps3, people say don't bother ps4 is coming...but then gta5 is coming soon...

Please can people help me decide what game to get...I want something long and with good graphics, story.. I've already played red dead redemption.. So can you recommend anything else... Also can you guys point in the direction of a hard drive for the ps3 as I'm gonna order the 12 gig version and I need to upgrade. Amazon have no 500gig in stock.

Thanks in advance..

Jimmy
#2Teepo64Posted 12/5/2012 11:43:18 AM
The PS3 is definitely worth it. I own two of them. I'm finally getting a 360 soon for a few exclusives and some racing games I'd rather play on the 360.

I recommend the regular slim and not the super slim. I don't like the fact you can see the disc reader lens of the PS3 super slim, plus it's way more convenient how the older PS3s accept discs.

I recently bought a 320 GB slim from Amazon because all retail stores only sell the super slim now.
---
"I'm not in it to win it. I'm in it for you."
Twitter: @Teepo_64
#3CallOfGoatyPosted 12/5/2012 11:46:31 AM
Get this:

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-500GB-Assassins-Creed-Bundle-3/dp/B0050SWQ86/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354736722&sr=8-3&keywords=ps3+bundle

You're welcome.
#4este914Posted 12/5/2012 11:47:43 AM
Well maybe you do alot of gaming "on the go" ? If that is the case then the Vita would be a nice choice for you. Dont know what PS3 games you would play ? Then maybe it's not a good idea to get the system again if you find you wont use it as often.
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#5chiefofsb78Posted 12/5/2012 11:56:53 AM
Mos def the PS3 the PS4 isnt coming out till another year and might be another year or 2 before it has games you want to play
#6jkrobs(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:58:03 AM
Thanks for ur help guys.

I also prefer the look of the slim ps3 but its no where to be seen?

I don't really like assigns creed.

Is there a new red dead game coming soon? And when is ps4 coming.

I'm def not a on the go gamer... I just feel I want a change...

Thanks for ur help again.
#7PsychoWolfXPosted 12/5/2012 12:11:06 PM
I'd go for the PS3. What difference does it make when the PS4 comes out? Sony isn't going to flip a switch and kill every PS3 in existance just so people will be forced to buy their new system. The ps3 has plenty of good games and by this point a lot of them are dirt cheap.

I'm also interested in the Vita, but it probably will see a price drop fairly soon and is still looking pretty bad as far as exclusives are concerned.
#8jkrobs(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:17:14 PM
Thank you, I'm def gonna get ps3.

Does anyone know where I can get a hard drive for the ps3. Cose I'm gonna be getting the 12 gig version.

Also any idea if a new batman or red dead game is coming?

Thanks

Jimmy
#9Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 12/5/2012 12:59:42 PM
No news on a new Batman or RDR yet. Only the Batman Armored Edition for the WiiU which didn't really add much and no news if that exclusive content will ever make it to PS3.

As far as HDD go just search PS3 HDD on Amazon and you'll see a few options on 500GB and 1TB options.