This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your favorite game for each era of the playstation?

#11plasticman13Posted 12/5/2012 11:30:07 PM
PS1 - Megaman X4
PS2 - Metal Gear Solid 3
PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 3
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#12GdboyratedloudPosted 12/5/2012 11:33:40 PM
PS1- Final Fantasy VIII
PS2- WWE Smackdown Shut Your Mouth (Still a ton of games to play tho)
PS3- Just got one so based on that, Killzone 3
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
#13Willie_MakeitPosted 12/5/2012 11:35:28 PM
PSOne - tie between Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6
PS2 - Final Fantasy X and X-2(probably one of the few people that actually liked that game)
PS3 - Red Dead Redemption
---
Sig is currently under construction. Deal with it.
#14656stoogePosted 12/5/2012 11:35:48 PM
PS1-FFVII

PS2-MGS2

PS3-Dark Souls

PSP-FFIV Complete
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#15DrumiesterPosted 12/5/2012 11:36:07 PM
PS1 - Resident Evil 2
PS2 - Kingdom Hearts
PS3 - Arkham City
---
I Love Eve Torres!
http://i.imgur.com/jMhrA.jpg
#16GdboyratedloudPosted 12/5/2012 11:37:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#17Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:42:19 PM
It is so rare to see people who love FF8. It would have been my NUMBER ONE if not for Chrono Cross.

I will have to check out persona 2. Have heard a lot about the series but haven't gone around to check it out.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
#18656stoogePosted 12/5/2012 11:46:06 PM
Norken posted...
It is so rare to see people who love FF8. It would have been my NUMBER ONE if not for Chrono Cross.

I will have to check out persona 2. Have heard a lot about the series but haven't gone around to check it out.

FFVIII is amazing IMO. VII is my favourite game of all time, but VIII and IX are so close that's it's not even funny. It wasn't until I came to these forums that I realised a lot of people weren't that pleased with it. I was also surprised people loved X so much. It grew on me over the years, but damn did I have to force myself to like it. It just removed so much that I loved from what I considered to be the core components of a FF title.
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#19Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:58:50 PM
656stooge posted...
Norken posted...

FFVIII is amazing IMO. VII is my favourite game of all time, but VIII and IX are so close that's it's not even funny. It wasn't until I came to these forums that I realised a lot of people weren't that pleased with it. I was also surprised people loved X so much. It grew on me over the years, but damn did I have to force myself to like it. It just removed so much that I loved from what I considered to be the core components of a FF title.

That's funny because when I was still in school FFX was immensely popular. I still go back and play it just to play BLITZBALL, (my fav sidequest since Triple Triad).
It wasn't until later that I found out that there was a severe dislike of the game which mostly came from Tidus' character, the yelling scene, and Lulu.

The last one surprised me the most because Lulu is actually my fav character in the game. Even over Auron.
---
#20Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 12:12:39 AM
Gdboyratedloud posted...
I wanna try metal gear solid

goes to coolrom.com

Yes. This game introduced a lot of people to teh Metal Gear series. A must have for the PS1.
---