This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait? People don't like the Ni no Kuni demo because it's for all ages?

#1twa556Posted 12/5/2012 11:08:56 PM
Lol Wat?
Every game doesn't need go he rated M people. Also aren't kids the people who are supposed to play games anyway?
This is why we can't have nice things America.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnuVfx8uVA&list
Typical example of Anime^
#2PhophenomenonPosted 12/5/2012 11:09:32 PM
wat?
---
Final Fantasy XIII revolutionized the JRPG genre. It defined the level of art.
#3Pereb27Posted 12/5/2012 11:11:29 PM
twa556 posted...
Lol Wat?
Every game doesn't need go he rated M people. Also aren't kids the people who are supposed to play games anyway?
This is why we can't have nice things America.

Because it's supposedly "for kids" and "not adult enough".

Just copy/paste this whenever you see such a post (idea taken from another GFAQs user)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
#4Devilman_AmonPosted 12/5/2012 11:13:58 PM
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. But then I discovered Call of Duty and I can't stop screaming into the mic like a demented 10 year old on bathsalts” - C.S. Lewis

---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#5PhophenomenonPosted 12/5/2012 11:17:06 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. But then I discovered Call of Duty and I can't stop screaming into the mic like a demented 10 year old on bathsalts” - C.S. Lewis

i don't git it
---
Final Fantasy XIII revolutionized the JRPG genre. It defined the level of art.
#6PendragoonPosted 12/5/2012 11:26:16 PM
Tell anyone who thinks that the artstyle is kiddy to go watch Grave of the Fireflies.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#7656stoogePosted 12/5/2012 11:31:58 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Tell anyone who thinks that the artstyle is kiddy to go watch Grave of the Fireflies.

Same studio but completely different artstyle and themes. And to fair, it would be nice to get a more mature JRPG for a the playstation. Picking are slim for that genre.
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#8king_maddenPosted 12/5/2012 11:38:52 PM
games are for children?

wasnt the average age like 30 something?
#9Devilman_AmonPosted 12/5/2012 11:45:51 PM
king_madden posted...
games are for children?

wasnt the average age like 30 something?

"Games are for children" is the old school mentality the general public had in the 80's and 90's since adults back then did not grow up with video games so rarely had an interest in them. Now the kids of the 80's and 90's are grown up so they don't share that old sentiment...
Many also do not share the 'this game is kiddy looking' sentiment because they grew up with less dudebro-serious iconic video game characters that were not age specific.
So the people who scream that are usually the ones with the insecurity or maturity issues...or are just still kids themselves...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#10AlltraPosted 12/5/2012 11:46:12 PM
Despite the moniker "For Everyone", it's not a style that everyone likes. Some people don't like it, for whatever reason.

I'm one of them, and I honestly feel like the reason is because of oversaturation. It's been awhile since we've seen a JRPG that didn't have a "For Everyone" or "Lighthearted" style to it, and the ones that we have seen don't use the same game play formula that Ni No Kuni does.

I'm still getting the game, despite that, but it's mostly because of the return of the "Traditional" JRPG game play formula that I fell in love with.

It's also why I wish they'd hurry up with Versus XIII, because it looks like a "Mature" Ni No Kuni in terms of presentation and story, and it appeared to have the same "Traditional" JRPG game play formula.
---
Saying something has "Charm" is just a cute way of saying it's lighthearted and kiddy.