This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait? People don't like the Ni no Kuni demo because it's for all ages?

#61SieKensouPosted 12/6/2012 12:54:23 PM
Alltra posted...
I'm certainly not. I have no problem with Cartoons. I'd like to see a cartoon with blood, guts, gore, violence, intensity, and dark and serious themes.

As opposed to cartoons with puffs of magical smoke, rainbows and lolipops, cute fuzzy little creatures, and other assorted lighthearted themes.

"Bartender" and "Kino no Tabi" prove you don't need blood, violence, guts, gore, intensity to produce a mature show.

"Kino no Tabi" also proves it can be just as dark and serious.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#62spectermaster14Posted 12/6/2012 12:55:27 PM
656stooge posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Tell anyone who thinks that the artstyle is kiddy to go watch Grave of the Fireflies.

Same studio but completely different artstyle and themes. And to fair, it would be nice to get a more mature JRPG for a the playstation. Picking are slim for that genre.

different art style?................................... it's not that different...

It is. Ghibli's movies aren't nearly as universal with their styles as people seem to think. And that's not including the usual outliers likes My Neighbors the Yamadas and The Cat Returns. They may all have a few general similarities, but they look completely different.
#63TiaelPosted 12/6/2012 12:56:20 PM
kingstag posted...
I'm not going to play Ni no Kuni because I've never forgiven Level 5 for wasting hours of my life with Rogue Galaxy -- to this day the worst JRPG I've ever played.

I said "never again' back in 2007 and I'm sticking to it.

Why did you waste hours on it if you never liked it in the first place?
If I don't like something within say the first 5 hours, I put it down and generally don't play it again.

And I loved RG personally, but that's just me.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#64RPGspleasePosted 12/6/2012 12:56:29 PM
kingstag posted...
I'm not going to play Ni no Kuni because I've never forgiven Level 5 for wasting hours of my life with Rogue Galaxy -- to this day the worst JRPG I've ever played.

So its quiet obvious you have a tumor in your head you like to call a brain. Rouge galaxy was amazing. Ni no kuni looks fun as all get out. I just wish I could have preordered the wizard edition.
---
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/pdet.to?seg=HHO&poid=383433&in_merch=1 my new pc:-)
#65kingstagPosted 12/6/2012 2:40:11 PM
RPGsplease posted...
kingstag posted...

So its quiet obvious you have a tumor in your head you like to call a brain. Rouge galaxy was amazing. Ni no kuni looks fun as all get out. I just wish I could have preordered the wizard edition.

Well, we clearly played different games.

I played a woeful, cliched, and boring RPG about space pirates that is the very definition of filler material. No surprise they never made a sequel.

You evidently played something about intersteller beauticians.
#66RPGspleasePosted 12/6/2012 3:42:28 PM
kingstag posted...
RPGsplease posted...
kingstag posted...

I played a woeful, cliched, and boring RPG about space pirates that is the very definition of filler material. No surprise they never made a sequel.

Oh noes I misstyped in my rush to finish before class. Lets not focus on the fact ur taste in games is wrong. That's ok one Daryl you might learn what a good game is and not focus on pew pew or ff.
---
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/pdet.to?seg=HHO&poid=383433&in_merch=1 my new pc:-)
#67zUkUuPosted 12/6/2012 3:47:13 PM
what you mean his taste is different to yours? THAT CAN POSSIBLE BE. divide by zero.
#68656stoogePosted 12/6/2012 8:52:29 PM
SieKensou posted...
656stooge posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Tell anyone who thinks that the artstyle is kiddy to go watch Grave of the Fireflies.

Same studio but completely different artstyle and themes. And to fair, it would be nice to get a more mature JRPG for a the playstation. Picking are slim for that genre.

different art style?................................... it's not that different...

It's actually very different. GoF had far more detail to character models and a much more muted pallet. NNK looks very similar to the Tales of art style IMO. And once again, VERY different themes. I doubt we'll see any maggot infested bodies in NNK.

GoF-

http://wfiles.brothersoft.com/g/grave_of_the_fireflies_61921-1920x1200.jpg

NNK-

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2012/02/6b9fb7c2c5dfffac29186a62a3de4f49.jpg
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#69warrenmatsPosted 12/6/2012 8:58:22 PM
No not really.

I don't like it because.....its a bad game.
---
:D
#70deadmarvPosted 12/7/2012 10:24:33 AM
RPGsplease posted...
kingstag posted...
RPGsplease posted...
kingstag posted...

Oh noes I misstyped in my rush to finish before class. Lets not focus on the fact ur taste in games is wrong. That's ok one Daryl you might learn what a good game is and not focus on pew pew or ff.

This is the sense I get from most JRPG fans, someone's taste is different from theirs so they immediately start insulting them. Also someone's taste in anything can't be WRONG, it's their taste and they're entitled to it.

This is one of the reasons I hate Gamefaqs, someone post their opinion on something, and the trolls immediately attack.
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.