This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands 2 or Skyrim, what's a better game?

#1lebronwadeboshPosted 12/5/2012 11:22:18 PM
Borderlands 2 or Skyrim, what's a better game? - Results (56 votes)
Borderlands 2
53.57% (30 votes)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
23.21% (13 votes)
never played any of them
10.71% (6 votes)
played only one of them
12.5% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
borderlands 2 is better IMO. ..
---
my Assassin's Creed III on Intel HD 3000 video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqQomDuESR0
#2HeavenlysheolPosted 12/5/2012 11:26:11 PM
While I enjoyed Borderlands 2 immensely for the characters and humor, and while Handsome Jack is one of the best villains in any video game, I like exploration. Skyrim's entertainment came from the fact that I could just wander around for hour picking up berries. Its close, but Skyrim gets my vote.
---
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.
#3656stoogePosted 12/5/2012 11:29:54 PM(edited)
Borderlands 2 IMO.

Borderlands added content while Skyrim removed, streamlined and barely added a thing. I can not believe that they're still using 95% of the exact same weapons and armour, including legendary items, in that series.
If the whole point of the game is to explore then how am I meant to get exited if I know that for the next hundred odd ours I'll only be finding exactly what I've found in the last two games.

I don't play games like Skyrim for it's combat, action sequences or overarching story, I play to level up unique character with as many cool stats and abilities as possible and to explore every inch of it in search of the perfect new gear to deck them out in.
Skyrim couldn't have dropped the ball harder.
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#4PhophenomenonPosted 12/5/2012 11:32:54 PM
Neither oh my god, guys go play real games like Final Fantasy
---
Final Fantasy XIII revolutionized the JRPG genre. It defined the definition, BEAUTY.
#5TylerJ33Posted 12/5/2012 11:40:46 PM
I'd have to say skyrim. I've never really understood the appeal of the borderlands series. It's just such a repetitive grind. I get sick of just mindlessly killing wave after wave of enemies and constantly looting. Keep in mind skyrim is repetitive too but it has more variation and pacing between the battles at least
#6aPimp_named_leEPosted 12/5/2012 11:45:24 PM
why is there no option for "both are great" or "played both"?

but as far as the ps3 goes, borderlands hands down. Skyrim is best left for pc since the ps3 version is too buggy. no problems with borderlands plus its a huge lootfest which is more important than exploration for me
---
~I will floss my teeth with your soul~
#7lebronwadebosh(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:47:16 PM
aPimp_named_leE posted...

but as far as the ps3 goes, borderlands hands down. Skyrim is best left for pc since the ps3 version is too buggy. no problems with borderlands plus its a huge lootfest which is more important than exploration for me

sorry , but i'm asking what's better...
---
#8PhophenomenonPosted 12/5/2012 11:50:17 PM
lebronwadebosh posted...

You answered your own question in the first post.
---
Final Fantasy XIII revolutionized the JRPG genre. It defined the definition, BEAUTY.
#9lebronwadebosh(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:52:24 PM
Phophenomenon posted...
lebronwadebosh posted...

You answered your own question in the first post.

i'm asking you guys which game you think is better ..
---
#10MoegittoPosted 12/6/2012 12:02:35 AM
Skyrim is a great game but not on the PS3, Borderland 2 at a minimum works on the system. I've had cracked and greasy NES games that ran better that Skyrim on the PS3.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121