This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cancelled Streets of Rage 3D remake surfaces

#1Devilman_AmonPosted 12/6/2012 1:07:59 AM
http://gematsu.com/2012/12/cancelled-streets-of-rage-3d-remake-surfaces

Interesting

I also think Capcom shouldn't have rested on their Final Fight (even though Streetwise sucked) and Beatdown series and neither Namco with their Urban Reign series
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#2SophisticationPosted 12/6/2012 1:14:35 AM
It amazzes me how games have no personality or charm anymore... Give developers 8 to 16bit limitations and they can create something forever etched into your brain -- give developers a blank canvas and endless amounts of processing power and they create generic junk time and time again.

I have no fond memories of any game I've played from the Ps2 era on up... I do, however, remember the days before like yesterday.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#3OmegacrisisPosted 12/6/2012 1:26:47 AM
It amazzes me how games have no personality or charm anymore... Give developers 8 to 16bit limitations and they can create something forever etched into your brain -- give developers a blank canvas and endless amounts of processing power and they create generic junk time and time again.

I have no fond memories of any game I've played from the Ps2 era on up... I do, however, remember the days before like yesterday.

Huh? p\PS2 had Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Psychonauts etc how do any of those not have personality or charm
---
PSN: Veedot85
Gamertag: Veedot85
#4Elements012894Posted 12/6/2012 1:31:20 AM(edited)
Sophistication posted...

I don't feel that way. Its always been about the developer making it. Nintendo hasn't been any different. Okami and viewtiful joe look gorgeous etc.

I have plenty of old games on the SNES that are beyond average. Not to mention many 3D PS1 and N64 games that are just terrible by todays standards, not graphically but in controls and finesse.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#5Brocken_JrPosted 12/6/2012 1:30:51 AM
i can tell the game woulda been fun if given a chance. just like double dragon neon, everyone besides me and a few others hated the game when the first footage came out. look what happened when it was released, best psn game and best soundtrack ever. streets of rage was always serious. and this fits it if it was a modern game.

people b**** about everything, i woulda been glad if it wasnt cancelled, i mean, cmon. new f***in streets of rage, how can you complain? if that guy was supposed to be axel, and i think it was, his modern design isnt bad, its like actual street clothes with his original colors mixed with it.
---
rtyffa776 asdf tfch776 bhjby uihjk776 swdfe776 kjhy vbfg evbisymru776 dswer gyoeymun776
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q
#6BlueSkies7776Posted 12/6/2012 1:35:27 AM
Looks clunky as hell.
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#7xOmniCloudxPosted 12/6/2012 1:43:23 AM
Urban Reign was more awesome than anyone thought it would be.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#8SophisticationPosted 12/6/2012 1:46:14 AM
xOmniCloudx posted...
Urban Reign was more awesome than anyone thought it would be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Sor2Zh4DE

not really, man... not really...
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#9rahmed51387Posted 12/6/2012 1:50:18 AM
Sophistication posted...

Well, when it was back to the 8-16 bits, it wasn't considered as lucrative and demanding to make money off of the games and creativity was not only encouraged, but praised, without expectation of high sales profits. When you suddenly have producers to give funding and expecting profits and firing people who have families to support by creating games, all the while wanting to avoid risks, you get the latter.

That post is clearly misinformed on quite a few levels, namely down to outside influence.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#10SophisticationPosted 12/6/2012 1:52:39 AM
rahmed51387 posted...
Sophistication posted...

Well, when it was back to the 8-16 bits, it wasn't considered as lucrative and demanding to make money off of the games and creativity was not only encouraged, but praised, without expectation of high sales profits. When you suddenly have producers to give funding and expecting profits and firing people who have families to support by creating games, all the while wanting to avoid risks, you get the latter.

That post is clearly misinformed on quite a few levels, namely down to outside influence.

Then why are smaller studio's and indie developers making games on no budget that are actually memorable? It's not about the specs -- It's about the mind and what you can do to make things happen on what you've been given. The less specs and money the more ambitious you become... why? Because you hafta really work your *** off to wow people.
---