This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Ni No Kuni sells a lot... Will devs finally realize JRPGs make good money?

#71TiaelPosted 12/7/2012 5:52:50 AM
HOTJaVaLaVa posted...
I am quite surprised to see the Last Story get no mention on this board! Sure, it wasn't as good as Xenoblade (definitely the best JRPG to come out in awhile, since Persona 4 I would say), but it was still a damn good game!

Xenoblade and The Last Story were 2 of my favorite JRPGs this past year (NA), and TLS sold well enough here to warrant a reprint by XSEED.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#72Gen2000Posted 12/7/2012 5:56:35 AM
Ni no Kuni has too much going against it to sell a lot. The "For Everyone" mentality behind its presentation and gameplay execution kills its potential appeal in pulling a wide audience at first glance.

The best it can hope for it is having a strong wind like Valkyrie Chronicles once word of mouth gets out about it.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#73hijokaidenPosted 12/7/2012 6:02:47 AM
Gen2000 posted...
The "For Every Japanese Kid" mentality behind its presentation and gameplay execution kills its potential appeal in pulling a wide audience at first glance.

Fixed it for you.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#74TiaelPosted 12/7/2012 6:04:16 AM
hijokaiden posted...
Gen2000 posted...
The "For Every Japanese Kid" mentality behind its presentation and gameplay execution kills its potential appeal in pulling a wide audience at first glance.

Fixed it for you.

Dude, give it up, you've had disdain for this game and Level 5 for ages, same way as you constantly bash The Last Story.
---
#75hijokaidenPosted 12/7/2012 6:07:09 AM
Tiael posted...
hijokaiden posted...
Gen2000 posted...

Fixed it for you.

Dude, give it up, you've had disdain for this game and Level 5 for ages, same way as you constantly bash The Last Story.

The Last Story is off topic, nothing to do with this game. The Last Story sucks for a whole other number of reasons.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#76TiaelPosted 12/7/2012 6:08:16 AM
hijokaiden posted...
Tiael posted...
hijokaiden posted...
Gen2000 posted...

Fixed it for you.

The Last Story is off topic, nothing to do with this game. The Last Story sucks for a whole other number of reasons.

You are just making yourself look more pathetic with each post, especially claiming you "fixed" a post.
---
#77HOTJaVaLaVaPosted 12/7/2012 7:20:10 AM
hijokaiden posted...
Tiael posted...
hijokaiden posted...
Gen2000 posted...

Fixed it for you.

Not sure how you make no mention of Xenoblade being off-topic but you make Last Story seem to be irrelevant.........
---
"The eyes are the groin of the head."
-Dwight Schrute, from the TV show The Office