This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

looking for a new gaming TV

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. looking for a new gaming TV

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
4 years ago#1
Anyone got this model?

http://www.myshopping.com.au/ZM--1221086901_Samsung_UA32ES6200_Series_6_32inch_3D_LED_TV

Any other suggestions welcome. Only condition is it's no bigger than a 32 inch and that it's an LCD (got bad image burn once and it's scared me off).
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!

User Info: este914

este914
4 years ago#2
Why you stop at 32''?
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!

656stooge
4 years ago#3
It's for my bedroom, so that's as big as I could comfortably go.

User Info: secondhand1

secondhand1
4 years ago#4
You won't find plasma in 32" and you shouldn't spend $700 on a 32" display. Yowza.

Do some more digging. At 32" you're pretty much limited to entry level displays, but that doesn't mean you can't maximize your spend. I'd steer clear of LED-LCDs as they'll all be edge lit, but that's me. Have you considered a monitor?
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.

656stooge
4 years ago#5
secondhand1 posted...
You won't find plasma in 32" and you shouldn't spend $700 on a 32" display. Yowza.

Do some more digging. At 32" you're pretty much limited to entry level displays, but that doesn't mean you can't maximize your spend. I'd steer clear of LED-LCDs as they'll all be edge lit, but that's me. Have you considered a monitor?

If you could point me in the direction of a good monitor then I'd be all for it. I don't watch TV on the thing anyway.

Only problem is it needs to have component sockets. Do monitors have those or only HDMI.

Plus I can get that set for $600 Australian dollars.

User Info: secondhand1

secondhand1
4 years ago#6
656stooge posted...
secondhand1 posted...

If you could point me in the direction of a good monitor then I'd be all for it. I don't watch TV on the thing anyway.

Only problem is it needs to have component sockets. Do monitors have those or only HDMI.

Plus I can get that set for $600 Australian dollars.

Curse me and my one-sided American viewpoint!

There are monitors with component inputs, but remember, an adapter is always an option:

http://www.amazon.com/VGA-RCA-Component-RGB-Cable/dp/B000FM3EQ0
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. looking for a new gaming TV

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived