This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

looking for a new gaming TV

#1656stoogePosted 12/6/2012 4:20:16 AM
Anyone got this model?

http://www.myshopping.com.au/ZM--1221086901_Samsung_UA32ES6200_Series_6_32inch_3D_LED_TV

Any other suggestions welcome. Only condition is it's no bigger than a 32 inch and that it's an LCD (got bad image burn once and it's scared me off).
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#2este914Posted 12/6/2012 4:28:35 AM
Why you stop at 32''?
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#3656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 4:39:46 AM
It's for my bedroom, so that's as big as I could comfortably go.
---
#4secondhand1Posted 12/6/2012 6:11:25 AM
You won't find plasma in 32" and you shouldn't spend $700 on a 32" display. Yowza.

Do some more digging. At 32" you're pretty much limited to entry level displays, but that doesn't mean you can't maximize your spend. I'd steer clear of LED-LCDs as they'll all be edge lit, but that's me. Have you considered a monitor?
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#5656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 7:28:15 AM
secondhand1 posted...
You won't find plasma in 32" and you shouldn't spend $700 on a 32" display. Yowza.

Do some more digging. At 32" you're pretty much limited to entry level displays, but that doesn't mean you can't maximize your spend. I'd steer clear of LED-LCDs as they'll all be edge lit, but that's me. Have you considered a monitor?

If you could point me in the direction of a good monitor then I'd be all for it. I don't watch TV on the thing anyway.

Only problem is it needs to have component sockets. Do monitors have those or only HDMI.

Plus I can get that set for $600 Australian dollars.
---
#6secondhand1Posted 12/6/2012 8:25:57 AM
656stooge posted...
secondhand1 posted...

If you could point me in the direction of a good monitor then I'd be all for it. I don't watch TV on the thing anyway.

Only problem is it needs to have component sockets. Do monitors have those or only HDMI.

Plus I can get that set for $600 Australian dollars.

Curse me and my one-sided American viewpoint!

There are monitors with component inputs, but remember, an adapter is always an option:

http://www.amazon.com/VGA-RCA-Component-RGB-Cable/dp/B000FM3EQ0
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.