This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ni no Kuni did what we hate in modern things Japan......little kid obsession.

#41Devilman_AmonPosted 12/6/2012 4:27:38 PM
Alltra posted...
^
Oh my god, that would be {Bleeping} awesome!!

This saddens me
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#42AlltraPosted 12/6/2012 4:30:23 PM(edited)
It would be awesome, it's like a B-Movie Parody of all the stupid crap most JRPGs do, while actually being appealing to western fans.
---
Saying something has "Charm" is just a cute way of saying it's lighthearted and kiddy.
#43Pereb27Posted 12/6/2012 4:29:25 PM
Alltra posted...
Good thing nobody here is doing that

Seriously, that quote is being misused so horribly bad.

The way I see it, he is disapproving of the main character (and the game) because he is a kid (aka not an adult). That quote is maybe not entirely appropriate, but it feels close enough to me.
#44Devilman_AmonPosted 12/6/2012 4:31:12 PM
Alltra posted...
It would be awesome, it's like a B-Movie Parody of all the stupid crap most JRPGs do.

Your sig makes no sense

I see "Fear Effect" of having charm

I see "No More Heroes" as having charm

I see "El Shaddai" and SotC as having charm

None of these are light hearted or kiddy
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#45Broccoli92Posted 12/6/2012 4:32:34 PM
agrissa posted...
It sad that instead of talking about the beautiful art, beautiful music, touching story, and old-school gameplay, ppl only care about the main character being a child. The story wouldn't have worked if the main character was an adult, you ignoramuses!

I am getting this game for the music alone. The music brought tears to my eyes. Joe Hisaishi is a legend. I'm sure the story-telling might bring tears to my eyes too.

Yup those are my reasons on getting the game but i doubt this game be well received though.
---
Intel i5 3470, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB, 8GB GSkill Sniper, Asrock Z77 PRO3, WD 1TB, PSU: Enermax 650w
#46AlltraPosted 12/6/2012 4:34:04 PM(edited)
It's because you're thinking about it. Haven't you ever heard the saying:

"I think, therefore I am confused, therefore I shall not think anymore"

The moment you try and sit down and think about anything is the moment it makes no sense.
---
Saying something has "Charm" is just a cute way of saying it's lighthearted and kiddy.
#47Seifer_usPosted 12/6/2012 6:12:54 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Seifer_us posted...
Japan has always idolized youth. It has been this way since 1949 when the 'grandfather of Manga,' Osamu Tezuka first penned Metropolis, then Kimba the White Lion in 1950 and then Tetsuwon Atom (Astro Boy ) in 1958 after being influenced by Disney cartoons and Betty Boop . Thus inspiring a whole generation of Manga artists to mimic his style and popularity

fixed

Why you gotta' be like that?

Seriously though, you're generally right. My use of "80's" was meant to convey that "it's been this way since Japanese video games first took off", but it didn't really read that way, I guess.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#48DragoonGriffithPosted 12/6/2012 6:16:28 PM

Worst PoS sentence I've read all day.
---
Curently playing: TotA, WA3, Terranigma
#49medmusclePosted 12/7/2012 7:19:47 AM
zyrax2301 posted...
medmuscle posted...
You know what's much worse? Glorifying war and trying to make the tyrannical US look like a hero. How 'bout them brainwashing apples?

The world needs a good war.

How is the US tyrannical? lol, little kids

Your third eye is completely blind from watching and believing the media. lol, mental midget
---
If you want to see FF Type-0 localized, put it in your sig and go here to sign: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html