This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WOW really loved the Ni No Kuni demo, it was awesome!

#11playboyskitchPosted 12/6/2012 11:20:32 PM
Yeah demo was full of awesomeness, people say combat is hard to grasp, wasn't the case with me. That world map music is made of win, haven't played a game with the world map feature since DQVIII, ToGf kinda had it.
---
"But just when everyone had let their guard down, a vast number of AIDA tentacles have appeared and pierced Atoli's body...."
#12I_caught_firePosted 12/6/2012 11:56:15 PM
The demo was awesome but the fact it was timed kinda pissed me off. After beating the forest guardian, I wanted to explore the surroundings, and I was expecting it to be "reach certain destination then the demo ends", but there was more of the level to see and the timer ticked down and ended it? Wtf? I've honestly never played a demo like that...
---
Twerkin' around the Christmas tree!
#13nonexistingheroPosted 12/7/2012 12:05:11 AM
It's pretty nice, but I think it's stupid there was no explanation about the combat at all, other than how to defend. I had no idea I could walk around until I died a few times and even then, the boss isn't a complete pushover until you figure out what you're doing. That's pretty horrible design as far as demos go.

At some point I found myself just mashing attack for most part during normal battles. I'm pretty much expecting the same for the full game. For the bosses you just run around mostly and shoot strong spells. For the normal battles there's hardly any danger and just mashing attack will get you through just fine. I'm hoping it'll be different though. Aside from that, gameplay was nice and the environments had superb design. World map looks amazing as well. So I really hope the battle strategy won't be so simple or that they'll include a hard mode you can play on from the start.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#14diabolicalPosted 12/7/2012 3:29:03 AM
BEB22 posted...
I enjoyed it to, it was different it had a dark cloud feel to it. It was a breathe of fresh air, im going to get it I think.

O_o

downloading now!
#15MelficeSeph2Posted 12/7/2012 3:47:27 AM
diabolical posted...
BEB22 posted...
I enjoyed it to, it was different it had a dark cloud feel to it. It was a breathe of fresh air, im going to get it I think.

O_o

downloading now!

Level 5 had a hand in it you know!
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#16BEB22Posted 12/7/2012 9:55:18 AM
Universquall posted...
BEB22 posted...
How do you pronounce it though? Knee no coony?

Hope you cheated. I got it wrong today in EB.

haha no I just guessed.
---
PSN- Bushwick128
H2K~
#17ViVi_0rnitierPosted 12/7/2012 10:34:24 AM
Well, i have to admit that the demo is better than i expected. The visuals are stunning (would have been perfect if the character design wasn't so childish), the soundtrack seems decent and the combat system is quite fun. Reminds me a bit to Final Fantasy XIII as you can't heal or use items with your own monsters and you can't control party members. It's like a mix between Final Fantasy XII and XIII but it actually worls well. However i hope that random battles are harder in the final version of the game because they were quite easy. In boss battles though, it's another story, i died a lot of times against the first boss, even after understanding the mechanics (there could have added a more complete tutorial, they pretty much leave you "there" and this may turn people off). The world map is good looking but the camera could actually be a bit closer to the character. So despite some minor flaws already mentioned i'm getting this game. Looks like Level 5 are trying to redeem themselves after those crappy White Knight games.
---
I go to gamefaqs board by jumping on to the internet and then use stuff like "report" and kill the crap outta trolls.
#18Impaired MedicPosted 12/7/2012 10:34:42 AM
The only thing I didn't like in the demo was the 25 minute time limit.
---
PSN: Impaired_Medic
#19OtakuGameraPosted 12/7/2012 10:38:19 AM
The only thing I didn't like in the demo was the 25 minute time limit.

it didnt really matter though, both demo can be finished in 15 minutes or less
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#20pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/7/2012 10:40:33 AM
Loved the demo and I have already mastered the battle system, it does have a learning curve to it, even the demo barely had a tutorial to hold your hand and lets have less of a tutorial so gamers have to figure things out themselves.

This game is not made for casuals as they would get fustrated by the battle system most likely. Oh by the way in the second area of the demo you can switch party members and I have to say the AI is pretty good and you don't have to babysit your party members as they can take care of themselves.

Shocker the world map on consoles this is what FF should go back to other then versus is what we see in NNK with the world map.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.