This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WOW really loved the Ni No Kuni demo, it was awesome!

#21majin nemesisPosted 12/7/2012 10:46:55 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
The only thing I didn't like in the demo was the 25 minute time limit.

it didnt really matter though, both demo can be finished in 15 minutes or less

it does matter you can't explore the world map or the battle system without rushing it
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#22OtakuGameraPosted 12/7/2012 10:50:32 AM
it does matter you can't explore the world map or the battle system without rushing it

just do it like me and play through it multiple times.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#23phanuelPosted 12/7/2012 10:56:25 AM
It most certainly had a Dark Cloud feel to it. In fact, I even felt like I had played that game before... a long time ago.

It was fun and I'll pick it up, but I wasn't blown away. On the other hand, I feel starved for a good JRPG.
---
Local Sage
#24carsaucePosted 12/7/2012 12:04:24 PM
Wow...I think we all needed this O_o, JRPG is back
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#25KarsticlesPosted 12/7/2012 12:09:22 PM
ViVi_0rnitier posted...
Well, i have to admit that the demo is better than i expected. The visuals are stunning (would have been perfect if the character design wasn't so childish), the soundtrack seems decent and the combat system is quite fun. Reminds me a bit to Final Fantasy XIII as you can't heal or use items with your own monsters and you can't control party members. It's like a mix between Final Fantasy XII and XIII but it actually worls well. However i hope that random battles are harder in the final version of the game because they were quite easy. In boss battles though, it's another story, i died a lot of times against the first boss, even after understanding the mechanics (there could have added a more complete tutorial, they pretty much leave you "there" and this may turn people off). The world map is good looking but the camera could actually be a bit closer to the character. So despite some minor flaws already mentioned i'm getting this game. Looks like Level 5 are trying to redeem themselves after those crappy White Knight games.

You can control all of the party members.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#26carsaucePosted 12/7/2012 12:13:34 PM
Yea you can control all party members, this is basically like some kinda Pokemon battle game to me, also this game is for anyone wanting to play a JRPG and enjoy it, even if one is a newb, it would take a while to grasp and master of playing the game, but this game I can tell is gonna be a grind fest and long and hard and challenging at times, but once you know what you doing (like any JRPG) strategy and patience, you will win that boss and move on to the next part of the story, this is really a must get no doubt.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#27ViVi_0rnitierPosted 12/7/2012 1:10:21 PM
Karsticles posted...
ViVi_0rnitier posted...
Well, i have to admit that the demo is better than i expected. The visuals are stunning (would have been perfect if the character design wasn't so childish), the soundtrack seems decent and the combat system is quite fun. Reminds me a bit to Final Fantasy XIII as you can't heal or use items with your own monsters and you can't control party members. It's like a mix between Final Fantasy XII and XIII but it actually worls well. However i hope that random battles are harder in the final version of the game because they were quite easy. In boss battles though, it's another story, i died a lot of times against the first boss, even after understanding the mechanics (there could have added a more complete tutorial, they pretty much leave you "there" and this may turn people off). The world map is good looking but the camera could actually be a bit closer to the character. So despite some minor flaws already mentioned i'm getting this game. Looks like Level 5 are trying to redeem themselves after those crappy White Knight games.

You can? That's new to me, they could had explained everything better in the demo. Oh well i guess i'll try it when i get the full game.
---
I go to gamefaqs board by jumping on to the internet and then use stuff like "report" and kill the crap outta trolls.
#28pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/7/2012 1:12:05 PM
From: ViVi_0rnitier | Posted: 12/7/2012 12:10:21 PM | #027
Karsticles posted...
ViVi_0rnitier posted...

You can? That's new to me, they could had explained everything better in the demo. Oh well i guess i'll try it when i get the full game.
---
I go to gamefaqs board by jumping on to the internet and then use stuff like "report" and kill the crap outta trolls.

Yes you can switch in the volcano part of the demo you can, and I like the demo did not really hold your hand and forced you to learn it yourself thats how it should be.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#29SightoPosted 12/7/2012 1:34:43 PM
ManuKesna posted...
havent really enjoyed jrpgs this gen but damn i was totally blown away by this demo, I cant wait to get this game

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm a bit envious. I'm still waiting for a wrpg this gen I can enjoy.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#30diabolicalPosted 12/8/2012 12:43:44 AM
MelficeSeph2 posted...
diabolical posted...
BEB22 posted...
I enjoyed it to, it was different it had a dark cloud feel to it. It was a breathe of fresh air, im going to get it I think.

O_o

downloading now!

Level 5 had a hand in it you know!

I didn't know that heh

Played the demo and I'm definitely getting that Dark Cloud vibe, and I like it!