This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bought the simulview 3d tv on black friday and now...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Bought the simulview 3d tv on black friday and now...

User Info: Ambies_Boy

Ambies_Boy
4 years ago#1
It stopped working. I was playing a game and suddenly the screen blacked out and now it won't work. Has anyone else had this problem with this display? Luckily I got it at best buy and bought a warrenty, so i'll get it sorted one way or another.
I am not computer Savvy,don't expect me to know stuff http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227314 Idimmu88 can't push up on the right stick

User Info: 2camelintinycar

2camelintinycar
4 years ago#2
is it plugged in?
I posted this for you!!

User Info: L0Z

L0Z
4 years ago#3
Switch hdmi ports. Maybe the output for the current one burnt out
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]

User Info: Ambies_Boy

Ambies_Boy
4 years ago#4
Yes it's plugged in, as I said i was playing a game on it when it suddenly switched off. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. The light comes on but the screen stays black. I tried pushing the menu button and nothing comes up.

I've tried switching the hdmi ports as well. Just no luck.
I am not computer Savvy,don't expect me to know stuff http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227314 Idimmu88 can't push up on the right stick

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
4 years ago#5
There have been a LOT of people complaining about the tv when it first came out, as many units are faulty.
Sounds like you got a lemon.
You will just have to contact Sony customer support.

User Info: nicktheman1

nicktheman1
4 years ago#6
Had mine for about a week. Had trouble at first but it was only cause the hdmi cable wasnt plugged in right. Other than that its been fine except for the occasional black screen for 2 seconds, which is only really annoying during games online like COD.

User Info: Elements012894

Elements012894
4 years ago#7
Its not a blinking red light? If that happens then its finished.

I have one that I got for cheap, overall its a good display but those problems are really damn annoying. I don't mind buying it new for the price I did, but when this thing was originally priced at $500... unacceptable.

Probably have to go through the warranty like I did.
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.

User Info: LennyGc

LennyGc
4 years ago#8
Thank God I opted for a simple LCD-LED HDTV as my birthday gift a month ago, it may be smaller and cost more than the PS3 display, but at least it works.
.:PSN: LennyGC:. // Platinum trophies: 22
Games I'm playing: Sleeping Dogs.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Bought the simulview 3d tv on black friday and now...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived