This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This was a disappointing year for gaming

#1OEIO999Posted 12/6/2012 5:26:38 PM
I'm talking about OVERALL games released this year, not that one (or two) great game - Results (71 votes)
Yes
16.9% (12 votes)
No
39.44% (28 votes)
Yes, but I liked a few of the games released this year
14.08% (10 votes)
No, but some of the hyped-up games were a disappointment
14.08% (10 votes)
People's expectations will never be met
15.49% (11 votes)
This year hasn't finished yet...
0% (0 votes)
Other
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm going with yes. Many of my favourite franchises have been tarnished due to being released this year. Must be some kind of a curse floating around
#2gamestop27Posted 12/6/2012 5:27:05 PM
Nope.
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.
#3nihilist212Posted 12/6/2012 5:27:11 PM
I voted no, because for me personally it was a great year.
---
Sometimes you've got to say "hey, i'm gonna **** you.....softly"
psn: jcvdismyhero
#4SophisticationPosted 12/6/2012 5:30:34 PM
One of, if not the worst years in gaming since the Ps3 1st launched... I couldn't believe the total lack of quality games -- let alone the total lack of games in general. Sony completely gave up this year and it shows with their weak offerings.

We are at the 6 year mark... Games should be dazzling us with spectacular graphics and gameplay -- Yet we're getting D grade games like Little Big Planet karting, Playstation and stars battle royal, games made to run on the vita -- What were they thinking?

I've never been more disappointed in owning the PS3 than I have been this year. Sleeping Dogs and Max Payne were the only 2 games I bought -- multiplatform games. Not good. Not good at all.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#5ExpelDiasFlacPosted 12/6/2012 5:30:47 PM
I voted "No" because Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward saved the year.
#6Nikos_the_greatPosted 12/6/2012 5:30:49 PM
Nope, it's been great actually.
#7NettoSaitoPosted 12/6/2012 5:31:06 PM
I'll just copy this from another post I answered awhile back lol

It was great for me

- Final Fantasy 13-2 really started the year off for me, and was one of the few games I made SURE to 100%

- Next came Resident Evil Revelations which gave me even more of a reason to have a 3DS

- Tales of Graces f FINALLY came out after waiting quite a few years!

- Kid Icarus Uprising is easily one of the best Nintendo games to be released in years.

- Xenoblade Chronicles was just... Wow. Never thought I'd see something that amazing/huge on the Wii lol

- Ninja Gaiden 3 came out and trolled every fan, although I thought it was ok for what it was... (Besides they made it better, but I'll cover that soon later down the list.)

- Mario Tennis Open was a nice little 3DS game to own.

- Gravity Rush came out on the Vita, and, wow. Great game! 100%ed it also lol

- Uncharted Golden Abyss was really good as well (although not as great as the Naughty Dog released games....)

- MOTORSTORM RC was a nice free racing game.

- TOM Blitz is STILL addicting

- Dynasty Warriors: Next is easily one of the best DW games I've played in a long time.

- Kingdom Hearts DDD finally hit the shelves, and I ended up loving it! Been waiting for the first "true" sequel to KH2 since, well, KH2 lol

- BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend greatly improved BlazBlue CS

- The Last Story was truly a unique Wii game, and I loved every second of it. I had also been waiting for that game since the day it was teased in Japan lol

- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy was a pretty fun 3DS music game

- Dead or Alive 5 is easily the BEST DoA game ever created, and it is now one of my top favorite fighting games.

- Pokemon Black/White 2 was a nice expansion to the originals, and I did like the new features.

- Assassin's Creed 3! Been waiting for this game since AC2 ended (although I did like Brotherhood, I didn't care for Revelations and had been waiting for a new main character ever since.)

- Zone of the Enders HD is an amazing HD collection.

Also, although I don't own them, a few other games worth bringing up would be Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, the Ratchet and Clank collection, Shinobido 2, New Little Kings Story, and a few others.

ALSO

- The Wii U launched

- Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge came out and fixed ALL of the problems with NG3.

- Scribblenauts Unlimited

- ZombiU

- Paper Mario Sticker Star finally came out on the 3DS

Also, that isn't counting any of the games I bought that were already out.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#8ViietNam1Posted 12/6/2012 5:32:36 PM
It was only bad for most since no good pew pew games came out for them. They need to expand their tastes lol.
#9jubjub360Posted 12/6/2012 5:33:26 PM
ViietNam1 posted...
It was only bad for most since no good pew pew games came out for them. They need to expand their tastes lol.

Far Cry 3.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#10JahkeemyorkPosted 12/6/2012 5:34:08 PM
Far Cry 3
Assassin's Creed 3
Sleeping Dogs
Okami HD
Borderlands 2
Walking Dead Series
Xcom
Dishonored
Dragons Dogma
Tekken Tag 2
Persona 4 G
Halo 4
Retro/Grade
Persona 4 Arena
Quantum Conundrum
Starhawk
Max Payne 3
I am Alive
Skullgirls
Gravity Rush
Journey
The Darkness II
Trine 2

That's just off the top of my head, seem'd like a pretty good year.