This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This was a disappointing year for gaming

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. This was a disappointing year for gaming

User Info: OEIO999

OEIO999
4 years ago#1
I'm talking about OVERALL games released this year, not that one (or two) great game - Results (71 votes)
Yes
16.9% (12 votes)
No
39.44% (28 votes)
Yes, but I liked a few of the games released this year
14.08% (10 votes)
No, but some of the hyped-up games were a disappointment
14.08% (10 votes)
People's expectations will never be met
15.49% (11 votes)
This year hasn't finished yet...
0% (0 votes)
Other
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm going with yes. Many of my favourite franchises have been tarnished due to being released this year. Must be some kind of a curse floating around

User Info: gamestop27

gamestop27
4 years ago#2
Nope.
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.

User Info: nihilist212

nihilist212
4 years ago#3
I voted no, because for me personally it was a great year.
Sometimes you've got to say "hey, i'm gonna **** you.....softly"
psn: jcvdismyhero

User Info: Sophistication

Sophistication
4 years ago#4
One of, if not the worst years in gaming since the Ps3 1st launched... I couldn't believe the total lack of quality games -- let alone the total lack of games in general. Sony completely gave up this year and it shows with their weak offerings.

We are at the 6 year mark... Games should be dazzling us with spectacular graphics and gameplay -- Yet we're getting D grade games like Little Big Planet karting, Playstation and stars battle royal, games made to run on the vita -- What were they thinking?

I've never been more disappointed in owning the PS3 than I have been this year. Sleeping Dogs and Max Payne were the only 2 games I bought -- multiplatform games. Not good. Not good at all.
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
(message deleted)

User Info: Nikos_the_great

Nikos_the_great
4 years ago#6
Nope, it's been great actually.

User Info: NettoSaito

NettoSaito
4 years ago#7
I'll just copy this from another post I answered awhile back lol

It was great for me

- Final Fantasy 13-2 really started the year off for me, and was one of the few games I made SURE to 100%

- Next came Resident Evil Revelations which gave me even more of a reason to have a 3DS

- Tales of Graces f FINALLY came out after waiting quite a few years!

- Kid Icarus Uprising is easily one of the best Nintendo games to be released in years.

- Xenoblade Chronicles was just... Wow. Never thought I'd see something that amazing/huge on the Wii lol

- Ninja Gaiden 3 came out and trolled every fan, although I thought it was ok for what it was... (Besides they made it better, but I'll cover that soon later down the list.)

- Mario Tennis Open was a nice little 3DS game to own.

- Gravity Rush came out on the Vita, and, wow. Great game! 100%ed it also lol

- Uncharted Golden Abyss was really good as well (although not as great as the Naughty Dog released games....)

- MOTORSTORM RC was a nice free racing game.

- TOM Blitz is STILL addicting

- Dynasty Warriors: Next is easily one of the best DW games I've played in a long time.

- Kingdom Hearts DDD finally hit the shelves, and I ended up loving it! Been waiting for the first "true" sequel to KH2 since, well, KH2 lol

- BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend greatly improved BlazBlue CS

- The Last Story was truly a unique Wii game, and I loved every second of it. I had also been waiting for that game since the day it was teased in Japan lol

- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy was a pretty fun 3DS music game

- Dead or Alive 5 is easily the BEST DoA game ever created, and it is now one of my top favorite fighting games.

- Pokemon Black/White 2 was a nice expansion to the originals, and I did like the new features.

- Assassin's Creed 3! Been waiting for this game since AC2 ended (although I did like Brotherhood, I didn't care for Revelations and had been waiting for a new main character ever since.)

- Zone of the Enders HD is an amazing HD collection.

Also, although I don't own them, a few other games worth bringing up would be Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, the Ratchet and Clank collection, Shinobido 2, New Little Kings Story, and a few others.

ALSO

- The Wii U launched

- Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge came out and fixed ALL of the problems with NG3.

- Scribblenauts Unlimited

- ZombiU

- Paper Mario Sticker Star finally came out on the 3DS

Also, that isn't counting any of the games I bought that were already out.
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito

User Info: ViietNam1

ViietNam1
4 years ago#8
It was only bad for most since no good pew pew games came out for them. They need to expand their tastes lol.

User Info: jubjub360

jubjub360
4 years ago#9
ViietNam1 posted...
It was only bad for most since no good pew pew games came out for them. They need to expand their tastes lol.

Far Cry 3.
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg

User Info: Jahkeemyork

Jahkeemyork
4 years ago#10
Far Cry 3
Assassin's Creed 3
Sleeping Dogs
Okami HD
Borderlands 2
Walking Dead Series
Xcom
Dishonored
Dragons Dogma
Tekken Tag 2
Persona 4 G
Halo 4
Retro/Grade
Persona 4 Arena
Quantum Conundrum
Starhawk
Max Payne 3
I am Alive
Skullgirls
Gravity Rush
Journey
The Darkness II
Trine 2

That's just off the top of my head, seem'd like a pretty good year.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. This was a disappointing year for gaming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived