This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should i get Resident Evil 6?

#1bigdeezPosted 12/6/2012 6:41:32 PM
I loved Resident Evil since its release on Playstation. I have played every major entry in the series and loved them all even 5. Is resident evil 6 so bad that a fan of 5 would not like it either?
#2rahmed51387Posted 12/6/2012 6:44:58 PM
It's definitely a divide. I'd honestly say give it a rent. It tries to bring a little bit of everything in one package, and I don't think quite excels at everything.

If you prefer the newer TPS shooting style, then you may be glad to know you can now walk and shoot simultaneously. The game is very much melee-focused, and the different campaigns highlight different playstyles.

I can say that I enjoyed it to an extent, but I don't know if I'd say it's better than 5.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#3ManinstagnatePosted 12/6/2012 6:45:05 PM
No don't buy it. I'm a fan that has a open mind to the series and I thought it was horrible, so much that I traded it back in.
#4doraemonllh1989Posted 12/6/2012 6:46:00 PM
Depends,if you dont mind qte spamming maybe you will like it

the action and puzzle element is not really constant due to 3 seperate campaign
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#5warrenmatsPosted 12/6/2012 6:47:33 PM
if you're a fan of the series, go get it. It's not that bad, but honestly RE5 was better.
---
:D
#6zooknutPosted 12/6/2012 6:49:11 PM
well I mean if u loved all the prior RE games and are a big fan of the series why would u even hesitate to not get RE 6? I would think RE fans have already played RE 6 by this time...don't understand why u would even ask
#7zyrax2301Posted 12/6/2012 6:50:01 PM
Too much action
Too many QTEs

I haven't played much (demo and some of Jake + Leon's campaign) but what I have played has turned me off entirely. I don't recommend it.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#8Mystickay86Posted 12/6/2012 6:50:24 PM
Resident Evil 5 - Gold Edition(ALL DLCS!!)

Resident Evil 6 - Platinum Edition(All DLCS!!)

Yeah, wait for the inevitable new edition if you want all DLC included ;P
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#9Superfly Jo JoPosted 12/6/2012 6:50:37 PM
I've been a fan of the series since the first one on PSX. I enjoyed RE6 for what it was. Don't expect a return to form of the old games, but if you like action it's a decent TPS. I'd give it a 7 - 7.5 out of 10. I'd say rent it or at least download the demo. If you like what you play then pick it up. I was lucky enough to snag a brand new copy for $40 a couple weeks after it came out, so you might be able to find it cheap online if you look around.
---
PSN: spacedirtyjerz
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Zelda: OoT, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Black Ops II
#10BlueSkies7776Posted 12/6/2012 6:56:32 PM(edited)
bigdeez posted...
I loved Resident Evil since its release on Playstation. I have played every major entry in the series and loved them all even 5. Is resident evil 6 so bad that a fan of 5 would not like it either?

Of course not. You should definitely buy it for sure. If you're a long time fan then I'm almost positive that you'll get some enjoyment out of it even IF (emphasis on the word "if") some of the gameplay elements turn you off. The interesting thing about Resident Evil 6 is that you will feel like the game is finally breaking free from gameplay limitations and that it's starting to feel like a real chaotic outbreak. If this game came out a long time ago it would have been a dream come true for fans of RE2 and RE3.

But as it is, after RE4 and RE5 already hit the scene, people can't look past the games flaws. I would say it's kind of living in the realm that Sonic Unleashed was in. Meaning, long time fans will have fun with the game because there IS some fun to be had with it. But the game definitely has some flaws that hard to overlook or ignore. It's unfortunate, but the game is like in the 7.0 or 7.5 range. Fans will enjoy it, but it's nothing special (like RE games usually are), and non-fans should definitely do some research, or rent it first to see if they do enjoy it.
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)