This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what the hell was Sony thinking this gen?

#1tangnetsPosted 12/6/2012 6:51:43 PM
Disclaimer: I like the PS3 and think it's overall a pretty decent system

Starting the price at $599?
Releasing the controller without rumble?
Letting big name PS2 exclusive series like Final Fantasy, Devil may Cry, and Tekken go multiplatform
Games like TLG and Versus 13 having no release in sight
Removing PS2 BC?
Not taking preventative measures against the PSN hack(though they handled the aftermath well)

Sony has really been dropping the ball this gen. What's been up? They were the kings with the PS2.
---
-------MISSION--------
--ACCOMPLISHED--
#2Mellerker38Posted 12/6/2012 6:52:48 PM
They gotten worse and no longer user friendly gaming console.
#3GuitaristMattPosted 12/6/2012 6:57:37 PM
FF was SE trying to be "fair" to the market while they were still big.
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#4king_maddenPosted 12/6/2012 6:58:09 PM
*moves topic to about 5-6 years ago*

fix'd
#5zUkUuPosted 12/6/2012 6:59:07 PM
you forgot that they removed the other OS option as well.
#6LazyBroPosted 12/6/2012 7:00:17 PM
Go home Sony, you're drunk.
---
PSN ID: DJay_Firenz. DD Pawn: Scarlet - lvl 147 Sorcerer - Scath/Util.
Clearing up my backlog: Dragon's Dogma, XCOM, TTT2, Warriors Orochi 3, RoF
#7NicodimusPosted 12/6/2012 7:03:46 PM

Starting the price at $599? - Had no problems with it, in fact I've bought 3 of them. You get what you pay for.

Releasing the controller without rumble? - I consider this a selling point. Rumble is a dumb 90s gimmick.

Letting big name PS2 exclusive series like Final Fantasy, Devil may Cry, and Tekken go multiplatform - All 3 series have gone downhill at this point anyway, so it didn't really matter

Games like TLG and Versus 13 having no release in sight - That's an odd and very specific criticism.

Removing PS2 BC? - Yup. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Biting the hand that feeds. If the PS4 doesn't have it, I won't get one. Period.

Not taking preventative measures against the PSN hack(though they handled the aftermath well) - To be fair it could have happened to anyone.

Sony has really been dropping the ball this gen. What's been up? They were the kings with the PS2
. - The rise of the smart phone, Facebook, and the Wii has shifted the big $$$ to casual gamers, who are less likely to buy a PS3.

---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#8doraemonllh1989Posted 12/6/2012 7:04:52 PM
Nicodimus posted...

Starting the price at $599? - Had no problems with it, in fact I've bought 3 of them. You get what you pay for.

Releasing the controller without rumble? - I consider this a selling point. Rumble is a dumb 90s gimmick.

Letting big name PS2 exclusive series like Final Fantasy, Devil may Cry, and Tekken go multiplatform - All 3 series have gone downhill at this point anyway, so it didn't really matter

Games like TLG and Versus 13 having no release in sight - That's an odd and very specific criticism.

Removing PS2 BC? - Yup. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Biting the hand that feeds. If the PS4 doesn't have it, I won't get one. Period.

Not taking preventative measures against the PSN hack(though they handled the aftermath well) - To be fair it could have happened to anyone.

Sony has really been dropping the ball this gen. What's been up? They were the kings with the PS2
. - The rise of the smart phone, Facebook, and the Wii has shifted the big $$$ to casual gamers, who are less likely to buy a PS3.

what a bigass fanboy you are xD
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#9Willie_MakeitPosted 12/6/2012 7:05:20 PM
I will have to agree with you on the starting price. $599 is like a small fortune for the average person. I had to get my original one used from E-bay and that was still a whopping $300 for a 80 gig. I finally upgraded to a 160 gig for $250 which was a little more reasonable. They haven't really disappointed on the games though. I keep finding new ones to play all the time. My only complaint is the lack of Jrpg's, but other than that they've had some pretty decent stuff.
---
Sig is currently under construction. Deal with it.
#10tangnets(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 7:07:15 PM
I will have to agree with you on the starting price. $599 is like a small fortune for the average person. I had to get my original one used from E-bay and that was still a whopping $300 for a 80 gig. I finally upgraded to a 160 gig for $250 which was a little more reasonable. They haven't really disappointed on the games though. I keep finding new ones to play all the time. My only complaint is the lack of Jrpg's, but other than that they've had some pretty decent stuff.

I am personally also really disappointed with the lack of jrpgs along with 3D platformers as well. Also, there are just way too many shooting games. Plus a lot of series that were great last gen feel dumbed down now
---
-------MISSION--------
--ACCOMPLISHED--