This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what the hell was Sony thinking this gen?

#11NicodimusPosted 12/6/2012 8:10:54 PM
Nicodimus posted...
Disclaimer: I like the PS3 and think it's overall a pretty decent system

Starting the price at $599? - Had no problems with it, in fact I've bought 3 of them. You get what you pay for.

Releasing the controller without rumble? - I consider this a selling point. Rumble is a dumb 90s gimmick.

Letting big name PS2 exclusive series like Final Fantasy, Devil may Cry, and Tekken go multiplatform - All 3 series have gone downhill at this point anyway, so it didn't really matter

Games like TLG and Versus 13 having no release in sight - That's an odd and very specific criticism.

Removing PS2 BC? - Yup. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Biting the hand that feeds. If the PS4 doesn't have it, I won't get one. Period.

Not taking preventative measures against the PSN hack(though they handled the aftermath well) - To be fair it could have happened to anyone.

Sony has really been dropping the ball this gen. What's been up? They were the kings with the PS2
. - The rise of the smart phone, Facebook, and the Wii has shifted the big $$$ to casual gamers, who are less likely to buy a PS3.

what a bigass fanboy you are xD

Thanks for contributing nothing to this discussion.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#12NeoSioTypePosted 12/6/2012 8:16:49 PM
It was originally given an other OS option, an internet browser and was marketed as an entertainment console and yet they went cheap on the ram to save production costs.
#13AceAndJunpeiPosted 12/6/2012 8:19:32 PM
They were thinking 3rd place was good enough I guess.
---
Now Playing:AC3(360), NSMB U (WiiU), Zero Escape (3DS), Wipeout 2048 (Vita)
#14Mellerker38Posted 12/6/2012 8:23:59 PM
i'm also force myself to play my PS2 console on a terrible graphics look on my HDTV which is 42" Samsung and my PS3 isn't BC because of certain models that allowed me to play my PS2 on a better graphics or don't play at all.
#15darkstar4221Posted 12/6/2012 8:36:26 PM
and Sony didn't learn their lesson with the Vita.
#16AalviPosted 12/6/2012 8:38:33 PM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Disclaimer: I like the PS3 and think it's overall a pretty decent system

Starting the price at $599? - Had no problems with it, in fact I've bought 3 of them. You get what you pay for.

Releasing the controller without rumble? - I consider this a selling point. Rumble is a dumb 90s gimmick.

Letting big name PS2 exclusive series like Final Fantasy, Devil may Cry, and Tekken go multiplatform - All 3 series have gone downhill at this point anyway, so it didn't really matter

Games like TLG and Versus 13 having no release in sight - That's an odd and very specific criticism.

Removing PS2 BC? - Yup. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Biting the hand that feeds. If the PS4 doesn't have it, I won't get one. Period.

Not taking preventative measures against the PSN hack(though they handled the aftermath well) - To be fair it could have happened to anyone.

Sony has really been dropping the ball this gen. What's been up? They were the kings with the PS2
. - The rise of the smart phone, Facebook, and the Wii has shifted the big $$$ to casual gamers, who are less likely to buy a PS3.

what a bigass fanboy you are xD

The absence of rumble doesn't help in any way since you can disable it even if you didn't like it. Versus XIII in particular was a game that was the reason for MANY people buying PS3 in the first place, it was supposed to be a system seller(I had an 360 and wanted a PS3 just for that game). The PSN wouldn't have happened to ANYONE, they were easy targets and the hack was the result of displeasure with Sony in the first place. The series mentioned have gone downhill arguably because they didn't retain exclusivity(not sure about Tekken but I can vouch for the other 2).

This is directed at the guy labelled fanboy
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#17CrimsonGear80Posted 12/6/2012 8:39:53 PM
70 Million plus sold, making them neck and neck with the 360 despite launching a year later at a much higher price point?

yeah.....what were they thinking....
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#18CrimsonGear80Posted 12/6/2012 8:40:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19Raven_CyarmPosted 12/6/2012 8:40:17 PM
tangnets posted...
Releasing the controller without rumble?

Was a copyright issue with another company that was eventually resolved.

Letting big name PS2 exclusive series like Final Fantasy, Devil may Cry, and Tekken go multiplatform

Sony doesn't own any of the respective companies so why do they have to remain loyal?

Games like TLG and Versus 13 having no release in sight

Yeah, it's Sony's fault that Square Enix hasn't finished a game yet! GRR SONY!

Removing PS2 BC?

Not taking preventative measures against the PSN hack(though they handled the aftermath well)

Only legitimate arguments and they're both old as dirt.
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#20NicodimusPosted 12/6/2012 8:57:26 PM
The absence of rumble doesn't help in any way since you can disable it even if you didn't like it. Versus XIII in particular was a game that was the reason for MANY people buying PS3 in the first place, it was supposed to be a system seller(I had an 360 and wanted a PS3 just for that game). The PSN wouldn't have happened to ANYONE, they were easy targets and the hack was the result of displeasure with Sony in the first place. The series mentioned have gone downhill arguably because they didn't retain exclusivity(not sure about Tekken but I can vouch for the other 2).

-I have WWE 13, and guess what? It rumbles and there is no option to turn it off. Pisses me right off.

-Are you really going to argue that FFXIII was thought of as some killer app? Who thought it was going to be a system seller? FF as a series was already in major decline since the last well-received entry, FFX. Most people hated XI and XII, and really just wanted a remake of earlier games in the series, especially VII.

-XBL has been hacked multiple times. It's something everyone with an online service has a risk of.

-First, you cry "oh no" because a couple of series you value went multiplat, and then you say "well, they suck anyway because they went multiplat." That really makes no sense.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)