This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what the hell was Sony thinking this gen?

#21PStrifePosted 12/6/2012 9:06:47 PM
Sony's introductionof online passes, espeically with their handhelds (devoid of users as is) has also been more of a hurdle then they would like to admit.

Sony execs have simply been cutting too many corners this gen from the start, loyalty is something earned and not something to ever take for granted with substandard care and gimping. You gimp and stop caring, you pay with less customers in the long-term.
#22CrimsonGear80Posted 12/6/2012 9:09:03 PM
-I have WWE 13, and guess what? It rumbles and there is no option to turn it off. Pisses me right off.

You can't turn it off by holding the HOME button on the controller and doing it that way?
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#23Lelouch71Posted 12/6/2012 9:21:30 PM(edited)
They weren't thinking. In fact, they were smoking some good weed.

CrimsonGear80 posted...
70 Million plus sold, making them neck and neck with the 360 despite launching a year later at a much higher price point?

yeah.....what were they thinking....

They aren't neck and neck. MS never release their sales that I know of. So the gap (even if it small) is most likely still there even after 6 years of fanboy wars which makes it even more pathetic. Even then the 360 surpassed its predecessor by a landslide. The PS3 is a failure when compared to its predecessor. The PS2 was already over 100 million sold by this same point. It was the king. The PS3 is just a mere commoner fighting for scraps that Nintendo left over for the PS3 and 360 to fight over.

Let's also not act like the drop in price didn't help the PS3. The PS3 didn't even take off until the previous slim model came out for $300. $500+ was a huge turn off. Never mind the fact that the PS3 flushed all the money that Sony made from the PS1 and PS2 down the toilet. It didn't even start to make a profit until 2010.

I don't care how big of a fanboy anyone is. Sony truly ****ed up this gen.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#24justinlynch3Posted 12/6/2012 9:14:39 PM
Nicodimus posted...
Disclaimer: I like the PS3 and think it's overall a pretty decent system

Starting the price at $599? - Had no problems with it, in fact I've bought 3 of them. You get what you pay for.

Releasing the controller without rumble? - I consider this a selling point. Rumble is a dumb 90s gimmick.

Letting big name PS2 exclusive series like Final Fantasy, Devil may Cry, and Tekken go multiplatform - All 3 series have gone downhill at this point anyway, so it didn't really matter

Games like TLG and Versus 13 having no release in sight - That's an odd and very specific criticism.

Removing PS2 BC? - Yup. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Biting the hand that feeds. If the PS4 doesn't have it, I won't get one. Period.

Not taking preventative measures against the PSN hack(though they handled the aftermath well) - To be fair it could have happened to anyone.

Sony has really been dropping the ball this gen. What's been up? They were the kings with the PS2
. - The rise of the smart phone, Facebook, and the Wii has shifted the big $$$ to casual gamers, who are less likely to buy a PS3.

Wait, you don't like rumble?

Man I'd find it so odd if I was playing a shooter for example, got shot, and.... nothing. No rumble from the controller, just sound with no impact. It'd just feel... wrong. lol
---
Mystic Forum - http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
NewGenerations - http://forum.newgenforums.net/topic/8090441/1/#new
#25NicodimusPosted 12/6/2012 9:27:27 PM
-I have WWE 13, and guess what? It rumbles and there is no option to turn it off. Pisses me right off.

You can't turn it off by holding the HOME button on the controller and doing it that way?

Where would I do that? I've never seen an option for it in the XMB.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#26NicodimusPosted 12/6/2012 9:31:17 PM
Man I'd find it so odd if I was playing a shooter for example, got shot, and.... nothing. No rumble from the controller, just sound with no impact. It'd just feel... wrong. lol

I pretty much never play shooters unless it's something like Mass Effect. I much prefer the good use of surround sound to a buzzing vibrator in my hand.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#27Jinzo 111887Posted 12/6/2012 9:54:50 PM
Sony's introductionof online passes, espeically with their handhelds (devoid of users as is) has also been more of a hurdle then they would like to admit.

Sony execs have simply been cutting too many corners this gen from the start, loyalty is something earned and not something to ever take for granted with substandard care and gimping. You gimp and stop caring, you pay with less customers in the long-term.

That's where Sony crossed the line for me. I was very forgiving until they did that. Anyway, I think they are trying to become the next Sega... That "It only does everything" slogan sounds a like "Sega does what Nintendon't," but not as clever.
---
"Michael Vick was arrested for getting in an assault plane and shooting down other planes?" - L0Z
#28Raven_CyarmPosted 12/6/2012 10:27:12 PM
Nicodimus posted...

Where would I do that? I've never seen an option for it in the XMB.

It's in controller settings.
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#29UniversquallPosted 12/6/2012 10:29:57 PM
Something Zany. They should consider themselves lucky that MS has had the difficulties at retail they have had since 2006. With less inept competition Sony wouldn't be anywhere near 70 million. But then they did get less zany as time went on.
---
NP: (PS2) Suikoden III (PS3) PSABR (Vita) PSABR (PC) Gothic (Wii U) Xenoblade (360) Nothing lately
#30plasticman13Posted 12/6/2012 10:31:19 PM
Disclaimer: I like the PS3 and think it's overall a pretty decent system

Starting the price at $599? Bluray was expensive. It was tough at first but look how beneficial bluray is for the PS3 now.
Releasing the controller without rumble?True
Letting big name PS2 exclusive series like Final Fantasy, Devil may Cry, and Tekken go multiplatform Not their call.
Games like TLG and Versus 13 having no release in sight Not their call in regards to FFvXIII. TLG I agree with.
Removing PS2 BC? You just complained about the PS3's price, so they reduced it by cutting back on features. Plus they wanted people to buy PS3 software so they can generate more revenue.
Not taking preventative measures against the PSN hack(though they handled the aftermath well) Hacks happen all the time, even to XBL. They acted properly so this is a non-issue.

Sony has really been dropping the ball this gen. What's been up? They were the kings with the PS2. Well, PS2 is probably a once-in-a-lifetime type of entertainment device.

---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5