This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation all stars NPD numbers in.

#31Soanevalcke6Posted 12/8/2012 6:25:25 PM
trollhunter2 posted...
BokuxPico posted...
Sony just doesn't have enough iconic characters to make a game like this work.

nathan drake, kratos, ratchet, jak and sackboy are bigger than star fox, metroid
the iconic char nintendo have is link,mario and pikachu.Maybe to a degree DK and kirby

The Main Character of Metroid isn't Metroid.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
I'm a Genre-Pro. Great Music: http://tinyurl.com/d8f78ax
#32PangLaPosted 12/8/2012 6:48:07 PM
trollhunter2 posted...
sadly , according to todays gamers, games need to sell 300k in its first week to be succesful. Look at LBP1 for example
low launch week sales , but it has now surpassed the 6 mio mark

LBP was bundled with almost everything.

80k is extremely low. Even some of the niche Vita games get more sale than that.
#33SpacePirateSealPosted 12/8/2012 7:06:50 PM
LeetProGamer posted...
This game is NOT a Smash Bros ripoff.

It should've been, then it would've sold more, DUH! It's obvious...
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410
#34zerooo0Posted 12/8/2012 7:10:08 PM
Great if we don't get a sequel than Super Smash wont get competition. Than it will stay stagnant, and wont try to change anything.

Competition is good for the industry.

I hate the gaming community sometimes. Can't accept a descent game when they see one. Also I'm a SSB vet, and this game was not similar to Smash Bros in gameplay at all.
---
The Phantom Pain= FLAMING LAND WHALE!!!!!!
#35IChangedMyNamePosted 12/8/2012 7:10:53 PM
It's actually a pretty fun game, sadly I feel it suffered because of its roster.

Had Cloud Strife and Sephiroth been in it it'd sold much more, Snake shoulda been in it too and maybe they coulda added Rico from KZ.

I think they needed to add some sorta angle, make the characters have rivals with characters they are actually rivals with. Just my opinion, I know the limitations.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#36TexnophilePosted 12/8/2012 7:12:56 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
BokuxPico posted...

They have Iconic Characters they just chose not to use them.

This. I would have bought the game but they put in awful characters. It would have been better to release it in 2013 after getting licenses for a better roster.
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#37EseenuzPosted 12/8/2012 7:13:14 PM
SpacePirateSeal posted...
LeetProGamer posted...
This game is NOT a Smash Bros ripoff.

It should've been, then it would've sold more, DUH! It's obvious...

I doubt it lol, The Smash community as a whole has been n a crusade against this game... which is fine but bad word of mouth does have it's consequences.

The game is fun, and the super system is unique
#38mmpepsiPosted 12/8/2012 8:20:37 PM
Texnophile posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
BokuxPico posted...

This. I would have bought the game but they put in awful characters. It would have been better to release it in 2013 after getting licenses for a better roster.

DLC dawg
#39TexnophilePosted 12/8/2012 8:27:54 PM
mmpepsi posted...
Texnophile posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
BokuxPico posted...

DLC dawg

If the best starting roster they can come up with is this then I might as well wait until I see decent characters from the DLC. Otherwise, no buy.
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#40mmpepsiPosted 12/8/2012 8:30:35 PM
Texnophile posted...
mmpepsi posted...
Texnophile posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
BokuxPico posted...

DLC dawg

If the best starting roster they can come up with is this then I might as well wait until I see decent characters from the DLC. Otherwise, no buy.

Who are these characters that make the list so awful? I'm fine with what we got. There are a few I wish we would have gotten and hope to see in the future as DLC though.