This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most technically impressive FPS on PS3

#1all_that_juicePosted 12/6/2012 8:59:09 PM
Which PS3 FPS is the most technically impressive? - Results (62 votes)
Battlefield 3
8.06% (5 votes)
Black Ops 2
3.23% (2 votes)
Borderlands 2
6.45% (4 votes)
Crysis 2
9.68% (6 votes)
Far Cry 3
19.35% (12 votes)
Killzone 3
35.48% (22 votes)
Rage
1.61% (1 votes)
Resistance 3
6.45% (4 votes)
Other - please post
9.68% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I thought for sure it was Killzone 3 or Crysis 2 and Rage right on its heels not too long ago, but with the recent influx of graphically intensive FPS' like Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3 I'm not so sure anymore. Is there a new FPS technical powerhouse on PS3? If so, which game is it?
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#2Brocken_JrPosted 12/6/2012 9:07:52 PM
only game that wowed me with its graphics i played is far cry 3 so i say that. the grass moves really badly when your up close though. worst grass ive ever seen honestly. not how it looks, how it moves up close.
---
rtyffa776 asdf tfch776 bhjby uihjk776 swdfe776 kjhy vbfg evbisymru776 dswer gyoeymun776
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q
#3STT_ZidanePosted 12/6/2012 11:58:16 PM
Other - MAG

128v128 battles </topic>

(Yes it's sectioned off usually, but it is very possible to gather all 128 of your teammates and bumrush a side, there are videos of this)
---
"You can do whatever you want in life, ...unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." ~ The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien (In memory)
#4Golden MavenPosted 12/7/2012 12:01:29 AM
Brocken_Jr posted...
the grass moves really badly when your up close though. worst grass ive ever seen honestly. not how it looks, how it moves up close.

Damn, it's too late to cancel my pre-order!
#5SophisticationPosted 12/7/2012 12:02:02 AM
Killzone 3... It's probably the most detailed, but it has garbage, flat, muddy textures everywhere too. Overall, I'd say about 90% of it looks a head above anything else on the market today -- but there's so many faults with the aliasing and textures and lighting. It's just a reminder of how far we have yet to go for true immersion and fidelity.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats with successful, savvy topics & post.
#6Brocken_JrPosted 12/7/2012 12:02:23 AM
Golden Maven posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...
the grass moves really badly when your up close though. worst grass ive ever seen honestly. not how it looks, how it moves up close.

Damn, it's too late to cancel my pre-order!

whaaa? lol
---
rtyffa776 asdf tfch776 bhjby uihjk776 swdfe776 kjhy vbfg evbisymru776 dswer gyoeymun776
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q
#7BloodyBoogerPosted 12/7/2012 12:39:46 AM
STT_Zidane posted...
Other - MAG

128v128 battles </topic>

(Yes it's sectioned off usually, but it is very possible to gather all 128 of your teammates and bumrush a side, there are videos of this)

this.
---
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson
#8AXKSIONPosted 12/7/2012 12:49:55 AM
none. they all look bad graphically and with bad art style to boot.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#9You_Need_A_LifePosted 12/7/2012 6:31:04 AM
Other - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

277.698 km2 island comprised of open terrain that can be traveled to at your leisure on foot or via ground, sea, or air vehicles.

Enemy patrols, camps, and bases control key points on the island and you are but a single man in an entire Army fighting another entire Army, utilizing Infantry, Engineers, Snipers, Pilots, vehicles of every sort.

Full command of your team is given to you ranging from their Rules of Engagement to the formation they move in to the distance they keep between them and much more. Enemies have the same ability and use real infantry tactics against their enemies and you, as well as having full ground and air vehicle assets of their own. The player can combat their immense strength by calling in artillery or airstrikes of their own, and are free to engage the enemy from any direction using any method they desire.

Accurate bullet-drop and trajectory systems for all players and NPCs add to the realism as well as the lack of regenerating health, requiring wounded soldiers to receive first-aid treatment from fellow soldiers until a medic is able to fully heal them. Damage to all regions of the body is tracked and causes differing effects based on the wounds received - shots to the legs prevent running and hinder movement, shots to the arms reduce accuracy and hinder weapon handling, body shots incapacitate or kill and shots to the head are lethal.

Enemy soldiers have an in-depth morale system, and will actively engage your position and hunt enemies down ruthlessly if they have the upper hand using all resources available to them, and will likewise retreat or request QRF if their morale is low. Friendly NPCs are subject to the same system, causing them to get shell-shock under extreme stress, or disobey orders if the leader shows poor judgement and continually places his men in harm's way recklessly. Care and respect must be shown to all soldiers on the battlefield, enemy and friendly alike.

In short, this is that game that Battlefield 3 thinks it is, and wants to be. That is all. Best FPS this gen. Your welcome to all that give it a try after reading this.