This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buy this or wait for Orbis?

#11sephiroth068Posted 12/7/2012 2:03:06 AM
SirPierce posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Please, stop calling it those stupid names and call it the PS4 until it is revealed to be otherwise.

It won't be called the PS4. That is a well known fact. 4 is shi or death in Japanese. They don't use the number for anything.

I already have a Wii U. It is awesome, but I wanna play my Sony games.

I may just go with the PS3 now. That way, I can pick up an Orbis/Omni when all the bugs have been worked out.

Why do people keep saying this?

Devil May Cry 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
Disgaea 4
Persona 4
Final Fantasy IV
Dragon Warrior/Quest IV
Breath of Fire IV

a small list of games among many other games from Japan that use the number 4...they use the number 4, just like the West uses the number 13 in many things as well despite is bad luck status

they will call it the PS4 or they may not, but if it ends up not being called the PS4, it will be for some other reason and not some silly superstition reason of avoiding the number 4, which im sure some see it like that over there, just like how some see the unlucky number 13 thing here as a silly superstition as well
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#12xNewAgeWarriorxPosted 12/7/2012 2:21:23 AM
It hasn't even been announced yet.. I don't understand this topic at all.
---
We used to be the wealthy elite until the "articulate dialog" tax.Now we can't afford stones for stone soup.
#13SirPierce(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:20:07 PM
xNewAgeWarriorx posted...

What is there to not understand? It will be announced at E3 in June for a release in fall (probably November) if next year. This is pretty much a given.
---
My NNID is Aerontar.
The Wii U is awesome. Looking forward to adding the Durango and Orbis to my collection in a year or so. All three companies are awesome.
#14RafedxPosted 12/7/2012 12:22:28 PM
sephiroth068 posted...
SirPierce posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Please, stop calling it those stupid names and call it the PS4 until it is revealed to be otherwise.

It won't be called the PS4. That is a well known fact. 4 is shi or death in Japanese. They don't use the number for anything.

I may just go with the PS3 now. That way, I can pick up an Orbis/Omni when all the bugs have been worked out.

Why do people keep saying this?

Devil May Cry 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
Disgaea 4
Persona 4
Final Fantasy IV
Dragon Warrior/Quest IV
Breath of Fire IV

a small list of games among many other games from Japan that use the number 4...they use the number 4, just like the West uses the number 13 in many things as well despite is bad luck status

they will call it the PS4 or they may not, but if it ends up not being called the PS4, it will be for some other reason and not some silly superstition reason of avoiding the number 4, which im sure some see it like that over there, just like how some see the unlucky number 13 thing here as a silly superstition as well

Yeah they will change the name so they don't have to give us any backwards compatibility, they will say its a new machine altogether and not associated with the playstation family. lol
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#15pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/7/2012 12:23:52 PM(edited)
xNewAgeWarriorx posted...

What is there to not understand? It will be announced at E3 in June for a release in fall (probably November) if next year. This is pretty much a given.
---
My NNID is Aerontar.
The Wii U is awesome. Looking forward to adding the Durango and Orbis to my collection in a year or so. All three companies are awesome.

I hate to break it to you tc but nothing a given in this gen and by the wii-u launch you have to think if Sony/MS are really ready for there next consoles while there current gen consoles continue to sell well.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#16este914Posted 12/7/2012 12:25:13 PM
I thought it was called "Omni" and not "Orbis"
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#17SirPierce(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 5:43:22 PM
este914 posted...
I thought it was called "Omni" and not "Orbis"

Orbis is the codename. Omni is the rumored final name (and the one I prefer. Lol)
---
My NNID is Aerontar.
#18crazyman32Posted 12/7/2012 5:47:46 PM
SirPierce posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

They have used 4 on Playstation games in the past so I am sure it will be called the PS4.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#19DevilKingZeonPosted 12/7/2012 5:49:06 PM(edited)
Why would you wait for the PS4? You can pick from a ton of good games on the cheap for PS3 now.
---
I'm the best there is at what I do.
But what I do best...isn't very nice.
#203D3Posted 12/7/2012 5:58:43 PM
DevilKingZeon posted...
Why would you wait for the PS4? You can pick from a ton of good games on the cheap for PS3 now.

---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?