This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

games you enjoy that others love to bash from this gen...

#21zUkUuPosted 12/6/2012 11:18:51 PM
koalabear9000 posted...
oh you can. and it's not that RE fans don't inform themselves, or play the demo or even buy the game. RE 5 already had zero RE feeling, 6 is an abomination of action-bombast-tunnel-mainstream ala cod. Cashcom has even stated that they look at those games for inspiration. it's stupid, they once, along with Square, were LEADING the market, now they chase it and forcefully change every game to fit the current FOTM mainstream taste. FF 13, RE6 etc say hi.

So the game is bad and horrible if it doesn't feel like "Resident Evil"? And I can't really see similiarities with COD and RE6. RE6 feels more like Dead Space to me than COD.

If it's a title int he Resident Evil Series and it doesn't feel like Resident Evil, there is something wrong, don't you agree? They could have release the same title under another name, yet they didn't. why? because RE is already a well-known brand and so they simply slaughter it to earn more bucks.
#22LionheartCJPosted 12/6/2012 11:20:48 PM
Sonic 4

Sure it wasnt as memorable as Sonic 1-3, but its nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be and i would buy an episode 3 if it was made
---
www.youtube.com/watch?v=49F4qRtNfUw - YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!, YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!!
#23KevoCSCSPosted 12/6/2012 11:30:50 PM
Not a PS3 game but I love all of the Fable games. I will agree Fable III is not as good as Fable II but I still think they're all great games.
#24koalabear9000Posted 12/6/2012 11:41:59 PM
zUkUu posted...
koalabear9000 posted...
oh you can. and it's not that RE fans don't inform themselves, or play the demo or even buy the game. RE 5 already had zero RE feeling, 6 is an abomination of action-bombast-tunnel-mainstream ala cod. Cashcom has even stated that they look at those games for inspiration. it's stupid, they once, along with Square, were LEADING the market, now they chase it and forcefully change every game to fit the current FOTM mainstream taste. FF 13, RE6 etc say hi.

So the game is bad and horrible if it doesn't feel like "Resident Evil"? And I can't really see similiarities with COD and RE6. RE6 feels more like Dead Space to me than COD.

If it's a title int he Resident Evil Series and it doesn't feel like Resident Evil, there is something wrong, don't you agree? They could have release the same title under another name, yet they didn't. why? because RE is already a well-known brand and so they simply slaughter it to earn more bucks.

Well I don't mind as long as I like the game. IMO RE6 does lot of things right and it's a fun game. I don't even understand what the RE feeling is that isn't present at this game?
#25Guts_LeonheartPosted 12/6/2012 11:54:01 PM
Atelier Totori, I haven't played the other two but I got the platinum for it and consider it one of the most enjoyable games on the PS3. I can understand getting frustrated with the time management system but because of cute girls? Give me a break, only insecure people think that.

Same with Hyperdimension Neptunia, in fact even most of the fans bash the first but I enjoyed it immensely despite its flaws. Was fun and enjoyable as OP said.

Uncharted was fine though I never got far in the 2nd.

I hate to admit but Im a bit bored of ToGF though I might go through it soon.
#26zUkUuPosted 12/6/2012 11:56:06 PM
koalabear9000 posted...
zUkUu posted...
koalabear9000 posted...

Well I don't mind as long as I like the game. IMO RE6 does lot of things right and it's a fun game. I don't even understand what the RE feeling is that isn't present at this game?

RE was a SURVIVAL-HORROR game. you had low ammo, zombies were tough and spare. 3 zombies at once? OMG where is my shotgun with 6 shots that I have to ration for tough situations. it was legit scary at times, not just because of jump-scare. and it had PUZZLES. you had to collect stuff, combine it, use it here, use it there, find keys, use your brain to solve puzzles etc. Re 4 was somewhat a good attempt to bring the genre to the next level and improve the clunky controls. it had the RE feeling but was improved in many aspects. they should have taken that attempt and improve it to make it even more RE-ish, but they did a 180 turn and made it into the crappy bland mainstream mess it is.
granted Re was always bit more action orientated then say silent hill, but still - RE 6 is nothing like that. I'm not even a RE fan that much, even tho I enjoyed the first 2 games, I don't even say RE 5 / 6 are bad "games", but they are simply TERRIBLE Resident Evils. the same goes for FF13.
#27Brocken_JrPosted 12/6/2012 11:56:59 PM
silent hill downpour
duke nukem forever (the online part only i like, the single player from middle to end can go f*** itself though)
double dragon neon
soul calibur 5 (nothin to do though)
---
rtyffa776 asdf tfch776 bhjby uihjk776 swdfe776 kjhy vbfg evbisymru776 dswer gyoeymun776
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q
#28koalabear9000Posted 12/7/2012 12:08:27 AM
zUkUu posted...
koalabear9000 posted...
zUkUu posted...
koalabear9000 posted...

RE was a SURVIVAL-HORROR game. you had low ammo, zombies were tough and spare. 3 zombies at once? OMG where is my shotgun with 6 shots that I have to ration for tough situations. it was legit scary at times, not just because of jump-scare. and it had PUZZLES. you had to collect stuff, combine it, use it here, use it there, find keys, use your brain to solve puzzles etc. Re 4 was somewhat a good attempt to bring the genre to the next level and improve the clunky controls. it had the RE feeling but was improved in many aspects. they should have taken that attempt and improve it to make it even more RE-ish, but they did a 180 turn and made it into the crappy bland mainstream mess it is.
granted Re was always bit more action orientated then say silent hill, but still - RE 6 is nothing like that. I'm not even a RE fan that much, even tho I enjoyed the first 2 games, I don't even say RE 5 / 6 are bad "games", but they are simply TERRIBLE Resident Evils. the same goes for FF13.

Well yeah maybe terrible as RE games but there is still no right to bash them. RE5 and 6 are both good action games influenced by survival-horror.
#29servb0tsPosted 12/7/2012 12:13:35 AM
because of SE JRPG letdowns I've became a fan of NISA America & Namco for JRPGs.

Yes Hyperdimension Neptunia series is my 2nd favorite series on PS3 behind IDOLM@STER 2 series.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#30zUkUuPosted 12/7/2012 12:31:12 AM
koalabear9000 posted...

Well yeah maybe terrible as RE games but there is still no right to bash them. RE5 and 6 are both good action games influenced by survival-horror.

of course it's justified to bash them because they are TERRIBLE RE games with a RE title. seriously, are you deluded? it doesn't matter if RE7 would be the best shooter or racing game ever - it'd be still a bad RE. they are slaughtering the name for money - that can't be slipped without an uproar. people don't bash them because they are terrible action games, but terrible RE titles. if you're one of the guys who loved the old series and made the IP big, but then capcom decides they want EVEN MORE money, so they just betray you, and the IP.

If I want a burger, expect a burger, get a burger promised and then get a salad, of course you'd be mad.