This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

games you enjoy that others love to bash from this gen...

#31RPGsplease(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 7:29:01 AM
zUkUu posted...
koalabear9000 posted...

Well yeah maybe terrible as RE games but there is still no right to bash them. RE5 and 6 are both good action games influenced by survival-horror.

of course it's justified to bash them because they are TERRIBLE RE games with a RE title. seriously, are you deluded? it doesn't matter if RE7 would be the best shooter or racing game ever - it'd be still a bad RE. they are slaughtering the name for money - that can't be slipped without an uproar. people don't bash them because they are terrible action games, but terrible RE titles. if you're one of the guys who loved the old series and made the IP big, but then capcom decides they want EVEN MORE money, so they just betray you, and the IP.

If I want a burger, expect a burger, get a burger promised and then get a salad, of course you'd be mad.

Except you were told exactly what you were getting it may be a salad but it had Burger meat on it. You were told exactly how game was going to be. Has been that way since 4. Its like getting mad that ff tactics for not being like every other ff.
---
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/pdet.to?seg=HHO&poid=383433&in_merch=1 my new pc:-)
#32notSFFPosted 12/7/2012 7:31:31 AM
Apparently, its a mortal sin on the PS3 board to admit you like Skyrim, but that won't stop me from saying it.
#33ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/7/2012 7:32:28 AM
Final Fantasy XIII
Nier
Tales of Graces f/Vesperia

A lot of Japanese games that gamefaqs hates, really...
#34koalabear9000Posted 12/7/2012 9:28:53 AM
zUkUu posted...
koalabear9000 posted...

Well yeah maybe terrible as RE games but there is still no right to bash them. RE5 and 6 are both good action games influenced by survival-horror.

of course it's justified to bash them because they are TERRIBLE RE games with a RE title. seriously, are you deluded? it doesn't matter if RE7 would be the best shooter or racing game ever - it'd be still a bad RE. they are slaughtering the name for money - that can't be slipped without an uproar. people don't bash them because they are terrible action games, but terrible RE titles. if you're one of the guys who loved the old series and made the IP big, but then capcom decides they want EVEN MORE money, so they just betray you, and the IP.

If I want a burger, expect a burger, get a burger promised and then get a salad, of course you'd be mad.

Game shouldn't be bashed because evolment of the series if the latest iterations are still good. Yes you can get mad about that your favorite series isn't like it used to be but there's no right to bash the game just because of that if the game is good. RE6 isn't even that far away what the series once was so it isn't butchering the RE title. Racing game would be though I would love the idea of RE kart racer haha.
#35echa_OnePosted 12/7/2012 9:50:12 AM
Eh, the JRPGs. Which? Pretty much all of them. What is wrong with those people, yeah? :p
---
3 things I dislike before a game release:
The wait, the haters and the trolls
#36NessEggmanPosted 12/7/2012 9:50:43 AM
Final Fantasy XIII, Heavy Rain, Skyrim, Madden 13
---
Just wake me up when Tokimeki Memorial 4 is announced.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin For fishing.
#37cavebear56Posted 12/7/2012 9:52:02 AM
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Binary Domain
L4D/L4D2
Brutal Legend
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#38SayoriaPosted 12/7/2012 9:52:18 AM
Atelier games. Saying "Atelier" in the title of a PS3 thread is the equivalent of throwing a worm into a pool of piranhas.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#39themegaman7Posted 12/7/2012 9:53:15 AM
Well I can get more enjoyment out of Star Ocean: Last Hope than most people do (It's no masterpiece by any means, but it's not bad either). But really, the people who "bash" the game mostly always bring valid reasonings on why they think the game sucks.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#40ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/7/2012 9:53:22 AM
Motsu posted...
Atelier games. Saying "Atelier" in the title of a PS3 thread is the equivalent of throwing a worm into a pool of piranhas.

Naming any game from Japan has this effect on gamefaqs, lol