This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever bought a game that tanked in the sales department and tried to

#1SophisticationPosted 12/6/2012 11:06:10 PM
love it and enjoy it anyways? It didn't even have to be an online game... Just any game at all. Does it ever affect you when a game you love has weak or low sales? Do you ever wish that more people would jump in and buy the game so they, too, can experience it's awesomeness?

But if sales don't matter to you... can I propose this scenario for you?

Have you ever been with a group of friends... Say 5 to 10...? Was there a pool or even a lake nearby...? Did you ever jump off into the pool or lake by yourself, all alone... Everyone else carrying on in conversation without you?

If so, how did that feel?

I'm curious.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#2AwayFromHerePosted 12/6/2012 11:09:09 PM
Terrible troll.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3zUkUuPosted 12/6/2012 11:12:05 PM
what is "tanked" supposed to mean?
#4Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 11:13:16 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Terrible troll.

I'm not trolling -- I'm asking a legit question here. I am an avid buyer of low end games that nobody buys.

Conan
Dark Void
Motorstorm
LBP 2
Vanquish
Civ Rev
Resistance 3
R&C (all of them)

This isn't a troll topic, it's a topic about how we perceive sales and the affects they have on our taste as a whole.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#5jubjub360Posted 12/6/2012 11:13:22 PM
Tanked
Slang To suffer a sudden decline or failure: “Steady investors . . . kept their heads when the stock market tanked in October 1987”
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#6agrissaPosted 12/6/2012 11:14:30 PM
Playing a game with low sales is so not like jumping into a pool by yourself.....
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.
#7Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 11:15:01 PM
zUkUu posted...
what is "tanked" supposed to mean?

Definition: to do poorly or decline rapidly; fail: The movie tanked at the box office. The game sold under projection.
---
#8LIEKmudkiepzPosted 12/6/2012 11:16:00 PM
Sophistication posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Terrible troll.

I'm not trolling -- I'm asking a legit question here. I am an avid buyer of low end games that nobody buys.

Conan
Dark Void
Motorstorm
LBP 2
Vanquish
Civ Rev
Resistance 3
R&C (all of them)

This isn't a troll topic, it's a topic about how we perceive sales and the affects they have on our taste as a whole.

Vanquish is NOT a low end game!
---
#9Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 11:16:32 PM
agrissa posted...
Playing a game with low sales is so not like jumping into a pool by yourself.....

How so? you "jumped" in and bought the game at retail and nobody else did. Sounds alot like jumping into a pool by yourself to me.
---
#10Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 11:17:53 PM
LIEKmudkiepz posted...
Sophistication posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Terrible troll.

Conan
Dark Void
Motorstorm
LBP 2
Vanquish
Civ Rev
Resistance 3
R&C (all of them)

Vanquish is NOT a low end game!

Sales wise... Sales wise... I love the game, I do -- One of the best experiences this gen. But face it, game sold poorly. They went on record saying they wanted to sell 3 to 4 million copies. LBP 2 was supposed to sell 6 million copies. This is what where' talking about here... games who come in under projection, way under.
---