This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which PS3 exclusive bombed the biggest in 2012?

#11tack129Posted 12/7/2012 12:51:16 AM(edited)
Goes to show that Sony has terrible marketing. They make good games but man PLEASE do some advertisements.
---
PSN: tack129
#12SophisticationPosted 12/7/2012 12:52:56 AM
tack129 posted...
Goes to show that Sony has terrible marketing.

You could say and blame it on that -- but really, let's start giving blame to the games just not being good. People didn't buy the Ps3 to play PSN quality retail games at full price, man. These games, Sly4 included and several others coming out, just don't represent the Ps3 and what it's capable of. People want a more complete package, graphics, gameplay -- the whole 9 yards. They're not getting it with these games. These games are doing poorly because they're poor games... I see adverts for LBP Karting all the time. They might not be good ones, but they're on tv all the time. I seen like 14 or more spots of PSASBR... same thing.

It's not the marketing, man -- it's just that the games aren't that good. They don't embody where we should be at with a 6th year Ps3 and developers who know what they're doing with the system now.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats with successful, savvy topics & post.
#13AXKSIONPosted 12/7/2012 12:56:56 AM
*sigh*

I seriously miss the days when the PlayStation brand had loads of great games, but gone are the days of PS1 and PS2.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#14gr0mkakm0rgPosted 12/7/2012 1:16:33 AM(edited)
KevoCSCS posted...
Twisted Metals failings are sad because it makes me think the generation that played it originally on the PS1, MY generation has given up on gaming and newer, younger generations just don't care.

I was really disappointed with Twisted Metal. I wanted to like it and would have overlooked a lot of flaws if the game was at least fun, but it wasn't fun. It was tiresome. I played the %$#@ out of TM2, SB, TMB, and even found a way to enjoy 3 & 4, but I just couldn't find much appealing or engaging with the new TM.
First of all, I hated the control scheme. HATED it. It was unintuitive and wonky and I just could never get comfortable using it, so I spent more time reminding myself which button did what rather than playing the game using developed muscle memory. Secondly, the bad guys took too long to die. Rather than feeling challenged I would actually find myself getting bored trying to kill something. It just went on and on and on and on and on for what seemed like hours as I continued to get more and more and more and more bored and frustrated. You could say, "well you just suck at the game" and you might be right, but I didn't suck at TM 2 or TMB so there is something unpleasantly different in the fundamental gameplay that really killed the game for me.This seems like they put a lot of work in, but it all went to graphics and they overlooked the fundamentals of gameplay. If they had released something halfway decent I would have found a way to love it, but I just remember the game being boring and frustrating and unfun.
---
You say "greed" as though it's a bad thing...
#15servb0tsPosted 12/7/2012 1:22:02 AM
KevoCSCS posted...
Sophistication posted...
Easier question would be to ask what Ps 3 exclusive was a hit.

I don't think a single one sold well.

PS3 exclusive Hyperdimension Neptunia MK II soldout, like 1st game debut. I expect HDN Victory sell out as well Day 1.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#16KevoCSCS(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 7:46:16 AM
gr0mkakm0rg posted...
KevoCSCS posted...
Twisted Metals failings are sad because it makes me think the generation that played it originally on the PS1, MY generation has given up on gaming and newer, younger generations just don't care.

I was really disappointed with Twisted Metal. I wanted to like it and would have overlooked a lot of flaws if the game was at least fun, but it wasn't fun. It was tiresome. I played the %$#@ out of TM2, SB, TMB, and even found a way to enjoy 3 & 4, but I just couldn't find much appealing or engaging with the new TM.
First of all, I hated the control scheme. HATED it. It was unintuitive and wonky and I just could never get comfortable using it, so I spent more time reminding myself which button did what rather than playing the game using developed muscle memory. Secondly, the bad guys took too long to die. Rather than feeling challenged I would actually find myself getting bored trying to kill something. It just went on and on and on and on and on for what seemed like hours as I continued to get more and more and more and more bored and frustrated. You could say, "well you just suck at the game" and you might be right, but I didn't suck at TM 2 or TMB so there is something unpleasantly different in the fundamental gameplay that really killed the game for me.This seems like they put a lot of work in, but it all went to graphics and they overlooked the fundamentals of gameplay. If they had released something halfway decent I would have found a way to love it, but I just remember the game being boring and frustrating and unfun.

I have to agree. I liked the game but I did not like what they did with the controls. It was almost like playing one of those tedious fighting games where you have to spend hours memorizing boring button combinations. I did get used to it eventually but I can see why some people would be turned off.
#17deprofundis442Posted 12/7/2012 8:38:36 AM
KevoCSCS posted...

I enjoyed playing the original, but that's because I was a kid. O just don't like games like that anymore. I've kind of been drawn away from thinking crash derbies are cool anymore.