This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gone are the days of the PlayStation and PlayStation 2. Now it's just PS3. :(

#1AXKSIONPosted 12/7/2012 1:00:46 AM
Gaming has changed.

The PS3 game library is unrecognizable compared to the epic greats on the first two PlayStations. How I wish the PS3 was consistent with great quality and fun games that the first two PlayStations had.

Are you as much, more, or less, of a PlayStation fan now that you were back during the previous two PS gens?

I used to be a huge PlayStation fan, but the incoming super plague of shooters and the current trend of bad Japanese games and lack of great quality turn based JRPGs and just JRPGs in general.

I am not a fan of PlayStation any longer and I do not plan on buying the 4th iteration of the PlayStation.

What does thouest say?
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#2GoodOlWanduPosted 12/7/2012 1:03:23 AM
Here we go....
---
PSN: Wandu
XBL: TALTON 187
#3lambchipsPosted 12/7/2012 1:06:30 AM
i've been saying this for the 3 or 4 years now, but this gen of consoles are basically prepackged pcs... all the good experiences on the hd consoles can be gotten on pc
(^ that wasnt the case last gen... pc had their own experiences while consoles had their own)

console gaming has lost its identity
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#4mcsmellingtonPosted 12/7/2012 1:09:36 AM
AXKSION topic. In a few hours he'll be whining about how modern games are too hard for him before ignoring everyone in the topic.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#5GoodOlWanduPosted 12/7/2012 1:10:28 AM
Actually i will give you a real post.

I actually blame Microsoft for joining the console gaming race because the saturation of shooters started with Halo. Then with the 360, they got the better parts of multiplatforms. This, in my opinion, slowed down JRPGs because Sony was trying to compete with what was becoming popular. Everyone who plays a shooter acts like they are a master gamer. This is what brought in casuals because the last 2 playstations only had sports games and shooters like Unreal and Quake to cater to casuals.

Yes i love my JRPGs and im biased, but fact of the matter is that the cool thing to do is play CoD.
---
#6WantedOutlawPosted 12/7/2012 1:11:21 AM
I love how Greer just makes the same topic pretty much once a week. JRPG's sucked when they were relevant. Time to move on.
#7GoodOlWanduPosted 12/7/2012 1:14:37 AM
Also to answer your question. Im a Playstation guy til i die, so im more of a fan because i know how to adapt to modern gaming but will never lose what i love about the games i play. Like i said before, i blame microsoft for today's gaming downfall.
---
#8carsaucePosted 12/7/2012 1:16:16 AM
no...

WAR....

WAR has CHANGED....
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#9mcsmellingtonPosted 12/7/2012 1:17:11 AM(edited)
GoodOlWandu posted...

Everyone who plays a shooter acts like they are a master gamer.

To be fair, JRPG fanboys have the same elitist attitude. If anything, they're worse. Just look at TC >_>
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#10spectermaster14Posted 12/7/2012 1:20:31 AM
GoodOlWandu posted...

Everyone who plays a shooter acts like they are a master gamer.

To be fair, JRPG fanboys have the same elitist attitude. If anything, they're worse. Just look at TC >_>

This is my personal experience. People who tend to play the games this board demonizes generally keep quiet and play their games. Elitists like Greer and the other usual suspects have to go out of their way to antagonize them. There's a thread about art styles floating around, and as soon as someone mentioned liking Skyrim, Amon had to call him out. Would be nice if JRPG fans didn't have to act like such tool to get their points across.