This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a gamer who does not care for Trophies

#1carsaucePosted 12/7/2012 1:13:40 AM
I...just got my first Platinum O_o...

I dunno where to begin, well first and foremost, I like to thank Playstation community.. and ah er i mean, who cares it's just a trophy, but..wow LOL

got it from The Walking Dead, easy plat, but I didn't even know I would get one.

I also see i got 15 Gold trophies.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#2servb0tsPosted 12/7/2012 1:25:48 AM
it usually starts out small than bam trophy time lol.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#3jubjub360Posted 12/7/2012 1:27:56 AM
I don't see the problem with trophies or achievements. They're fun when they're actually varied and give you a different thought on a problem.

For example:
Far Cry 3
Kill an enemy with the recurve bow from 70 or more meters. Hard but fun to get.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#4BoulderPosted 12/7/2012 1:29:01 AM
It more of a self accomplishment for me. Dont go platinum every game I own, but ones I really enjoy I try for it. Still nothing brag about to the public due to the haters and trolls.
---
I'm bored... Time to play PONG!
#5carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 1:31:25 AM
it usually starts out small than bam trophy time lol.

I ain't gonna get it to my head I aint gonna hunt for them , but if it comes along, then so be it. but i guess it's about time I got one=)
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#6servb0tsPosted 12/7/2012 1:33:14 AM
jubjub360 posted...
I don't see the problem with trophies or achievements. They're fun when they're actually varied and give you a different thought on a problem.

For example:
Far Cry 3

I only have beef with developers and ridcolous online trophies, most my relatives and classmates often ask my assistant help them get those annoying trophies, which I'm not even interested in lol.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#7jubjub360Posted 12/7/2012 1:34:19 AM
servb0ts posted...
jubjub360 posted...

For example:
Far Cry 3

I only have beef with developers and ridcolous online trophies, most my relatives and classmates often ask my assistant help them get those annoying trophies, which I'm not even interested in lol.

Agreed. Online trophies are stupid.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#8TheTenth10Posted 12/7/2012 3:32:20 AM
I got my first trophy for DC universe online, it just came along as the most difficult ones were to get character to lvl 30 for each mentor and each movement power (if well planned you could have those overlap)

Second one I got was Borderlands 2 which I played over 200 hours and already got so many trophies the ones I missed took me maybe 20 minutes.

I could never get the platinum for Kingdoms of Amalur, as one was to succed at persuasion (which is a skill you need to develop) a huge number of times and I was already at more than half the game when I knew that, and have a full playthrough on hard difficulty which is just stupid as the game was advertised at having you free of choosing your difficulty when you want
#9JahkeemyorkPosted 12/7/2012 3:35:39 AM
I like online trophies but only if they're added in as extras and not counted towards the Platinum. I'm a trophy hunter to the point that if I like a game enough I'd wanna platinum it, gives me a sense that I've mastered the game to an extent. Unless it's those crappy luck based trophies. Like "Win 5 games of poker in a row" type crap.
#10Guts_LeonheartPosted 12/7/2012 3:47:19 AM
Some people love collecting trophies and other people just don't care.

For me I only platinum my favourite games, last one I got was Atelier Totori but it was basically just getting the endings which I would have done regardless. Games like Uncharted I enjoy but wont waste my time with trophies.