This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you buy the FF14 remake?

#41theofficefan99Posted 12/7/2012 8:30:07 AM
Yes.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#42Impaired MedicPosted 12/7/2012 8:32:09 AM
I understand exactly what they are for, still doesn't change the fact that I refuse to pay for the right to play a game I already own.

/facepalm
---
PSN: Impaired_Medic
#43antoinejonesPosted 12/7/2012 8:43:58 AM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Impaired Medic posted...
And people who don't want to pay monthly fees don't understand what they're for and why they're necessary.

I understand exactly what they are for, still doesn't change the fact that I refuse to pay for the right to play a game I already own.

no you dont own ANY game you buy... if you OWN something its yours to do WHATEVER you want with it... so if you own a game making copies of it and giving them away or selling them is PERFECTLY legal.... yet is it not called piracy?

plus theres a LOT of things you buy in life that you have to pay for after owning it.. if you get a car youve gotta pay 15+ bucks a month on it (gas) if you have a house.. you have to pay every month for electricity and water (good luck living in JUST a house with none of those things) or an even better example... you buy a cell phone... you own the phone right? so why do you have to pay monthly to use it?

because if that fee isnt being paid theres no cell towers or satellites being built and whatever else is required to make those phone calls happen and reach wherever you need them to go... lets see how well verizon or any other cell phone company does if they just charge you for the phone then after that offer free phone service...

MMOs arent like CoD or any other non MMO game where the game stays practically the same/unchanged for 6 months until they release a new map pack.. and mmo is so vast you well see things tomorrow that you didnt see today, new things get added every month.. or theres so much to do youll NEVER do it all (i played FFXI 8 years and i can name PLENTY ive yet to see or do).. how many ppl that play free online games can say that? So yeah its clear to see where your 15 bucks a month is going.
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#44antoinejonesPosted 12/7/2012 8:45:03 AM
Alavard posted...
If I hear enough good things about it (and my backlog is cleared enough) I may get it for PC, but definitely not for PS3.

you know pc and ps3 players play together on the same servers right?
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#45antoinejonesPosted 12/7/2012 8:46:09 AM
Romangelo posted...
no, cuz I already own the vanilla collector's edition which cost me $135

umm you know if you have the vanilla version you get the new one free right? just get online and download it... theyre not gonna make you pay twice lol
---
#46theshovellerPosted 12/7/2012 8:46:54 AM
antoinejones posted...
Alavard posted...
If I hear enough good things about it (and my backlog is cleared enough) I may get it for PC, but definitely not for PS3.

Don't think he was getting at "the community's bad for consoles" or anything, just that it'd be a hell of a lot easier to play an MMO with a mouse and keyboard - which is true about 95% of the time.
#47antoinejonesPosted 12/8/2012 8:31:41 AM
theshoveller posted...
antoinejones posted...
Alavard posted...

Don't think he was getting at "the community's bad for consoles" or anything, just that it'd be a hell of a lot easier to play an MMO with a mouse and keyboard - which is true about 95% of the time.

well i find two thinsg wrong with that statement:

a) ps3's can use mouse and keyboard

b) since its an FF game and made by SE if its anything like FFXI was that game was practically unplayable with a mouse and keyboard 99% if not 100% of pc players played that with a gamepad. thus whos to say FFXIV wont be ps3 controller friendly... infact in recent press releases they specifically said theyre making the UI more console friendly
---
#48servb0tsPosted 12/8/2012 8:44:24 AM
Hell Yes Day 1 buy, been wanting to play FFXIV, since got announce coming to PS3 few years ago.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#49jameswintertonPosted 12/8/2012 8:45:08 AM
If i can pay the sub using psn cards.
---
psn: jrwinterton
#50antoinejonesPosted 12/8/2012 8:58:29 AM
jameswinterton posted...
If i can pay the sub using psn cards.

most likely no however:

if youre 18+ and have a walmart nearby..

http://www.bluebird.com (yes its free)

problem solved
---