This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2012 Spike VGA / Video Game Awards discussion thread

#2713D3Posted 12/7/2012 8:00:36 PM
Oh hell no, i loved the walking dead but it is not goty. The people responsible for choosing it as the winner are just catering to the widest audience. The walking dead didnt even originate as a video game. The gameplay wasnt even there, the best thing abiut it was the story NOT the gameplay so it being goty i as joke.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#272ramseanGoodbyePosted 12/7/2012 8:01:12 PM
Would have loved Journey to win, but the walking dead would have been my second choice
#273zeldashoPosted 12/7/2012 8:01:44 PM
Is it just me...or does that Pheonix look like a a naughty male part
---
GT:OmegaXP PSN:SgtWiggles WiiU:SgtWiggles
Now Playing: P4A, DoA5, TTT2, Borderlands 2, Disgaea 4, BB:Extend, Ragnarok Odyssey, ZoE HD, Pokemon SS/B&W
#274gucciburrrPosted 12/7/2012 8:01:58 PM
Rofl at Game of the Decade going to anything other than CoD 4. Name another gamebthat single handily pushed its franchise to the number one spot in entertainment. I'll wait..
---
Why is a below average developer, who hasn't created ONE acclaimed game from the ground up, allowed to repeatedly screw up the biggest name in gaming????
#275generalwimpPosted 12/7/2012 8:03:03 PM
This is the full list of Winners.

Best Shooter - Borderlands 2

Best Action/Adventure - Dishonored

Best Indie Game - Journey

Best Character of the Year - Claptrap (borderlands 2)

Best Game of the Decade - Half life 2

Game of the Year - The Walking Dead

and if u cant download the walking dead off the psn store, i would go out on Tuesday and buy the disk, its really good, and the ending is VERY emotional!!
---
PSN ID:Wimpnator---Currently playing ????
#276delux19Posted 12/7/2012 8:03:22 PM
gucciburrr posted...
Rofl at Game of the Decade going to anything other than CoD 4. Name another gamebthat single handily pushed its franchise to the number one spot in entertainment. I'll wait..

What does that have to do with being the best game?
#277princespawnPosted 12/7/2012 8:03:26 PM
3D3 posted...
Oh hell no, i loved the walking dead but it is not goty. The people responsible for choosing it as the winner are just catering to the widest audience. The walking dead didnt even originate as a video game. The gameplay wasnt even there, the best thing abiut it was the story NOT the gameplay so it being goty i as joke.

I have to agree wholeheartedly... If they are going to base the decision on the most audience and digital exclusivity, then they screwed up what the award should be going to.
---
Currently gaming on the PS3..
XBL GT: RaptureStar; PSN: RaptureStar; 3DS friend code: 0044-2824-6989 (rapture84)
#278Marnex15Posted 12/7/2012 8:03:27 PM
EliteGuard99 posted...
Marnex15 posted...
EliteGuard99 posted...
carsauce posted...
Why are you all so shocked that Half Life 2 won game of the decade, this game is played still from this day on? are you insane, this game basically brought back FPS to a different level, without this game Bioshock would not even exist, and all other plethora of FPS, this is the FPS that brought us awe to physics in such a FPS, and if it wasnt for this game, PORTAL would not exist after nor LEFT 4 DEAD,I'm so glad this game got that award, this game is old and dated, but still a game this whole WORLD has been playing for years.

But all those games are Mediocre at best.......

No, they aren't. Diablo 3 is more than mediocre, but you still gave that POS a good rating in your game collection, didn't you?

No it's a terrible, awful game, why would you even think that?

A terrible awful game that you apparently gave a 4/5 rating in your game collection? Right.

gucciburrr posted...

Lol, now people want CoD to win? This is hilarious.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#279Godstriker8Posted 12/7/2012 8:05:04 PM
Samuel Jackson made this the most enjoyable VGAs yet.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#280FirelanderXPosted 12/7/2012 8:06:17 PM
Delicious tears in this topic.
---
Gamertag: FirelanderX