This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2012 Spike VGA / Video Game Awards discussion thread

#291GeassMasterPosted 12/7/2012 9:12:43 PM
I'm thinking microsoft paid some big bucks to keep any sort of God of War announcement out .... unless Sony is thinking of releasing that next year.....

BTW what was the Handheld game of the year?
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#292gucciburrrPosted 12/7/2012 9:13:05 PM
Red_Jester posted...
gucciburrr posted...
Rofl at Game of the Decade going to anything other than CoD 4. Name another gamebthat single handily pushed its franchise to the number one spot in entertainment. I'll wait..

By that logic, Wii Sports should be the game of the decade.

Millions of people don't line up, at midnight, to purchase Wii Sports genius. CoD isn't packaged with a console by default. It moves units on it's own accord. That's why it's the biggest name in entertainment and despite it's fudged numbers, Wii sports isn't even a damn contender.
---
Why is a below average developer, who hasn't created ONE acclaimed game from the ground up, allowed to repeatedly screw up the biggest name in gaming????
#293generalwimpPosted 12/7/2012 9:14:14 PM
GeassMaster posted...
I'm thinking microsoft paid some big bucks to keep any sort of God of War announcement out .... unless Sony is thinking of releasing that next year.....

They didnt announce one, i dont think there was an award topic for it =P
---
PSN ID:Wimpnator---Currently playing ????
#294Marnex15Posted 12/7/2012 9:14:15 PM
EliteGuard99 posted...
Marnex15 posted...
EliteGuard99 posted...
Marnex15 posted...
A terrible awful game that you apparently gave a 4/5 rating in your game collection? Right.

Are you high?

Go troll somewhere else.

I think someone MIGHT need a time out.......

Go away.

cirexeric posted...
they trolled the entire gaming fanbase with the Walking dead winning the GOYY.

If they wanted to do that they'd give it to Black Ops II.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#295DuskSoldier1180Posted 12/7/2012 9:14:51 PM
Was kind of hoping for a Fallout 4 announcement..Eh..At least new Dark Souls.
---
- I see you probably made your gamefaqs account just to act like a pirate talking on forums.
- Aye, and I see yeh jus made yer account just ta' be an ass
#296SpoonSportsPosted 12/7/2012 9:16:24 PM
The winner who won the awards deserved it.

Overall good VGA.

Any other networks doing Video Game Awards? I think cartoon network or Nickolodeon is doing one.
---
Calvin and Hobbes - Greatest comic I ever read!
JRSC 1988 Honda CRX ZC Tuned & Built by: HybridWerks
#297ssupermario92Posted 12/7/2012 9:16:37 PM
gucciburrr posted...
Rofl at Game of the Decade going to anything other than CoD 4. Name another gamebthat single handily pushed its franchise to the number one spot in entertainment. I'll wait..

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m60405IyLh1r3topao1_400.gif
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 35 PM if you think so as well
#298DrakemoodPosted 12/7/2012 9:19:33 PM
thank you generalwimp for your update, wow the walking dead won GOTY? i need to try it now.
---
Lavinia + Big Sister + Blood Thirst + Tank Mastery > Aliasse + Selvaria + Alicia
#299Allen TaxPosted 12/7/2012 9:31:56 PM
Journey.Well now take into account the game mechanics.There like when introduced Nintendo glove. New,glitchy and not that mainstream liked nor known. Then when you take the perspective it from a RPG game and change it so.You will offend gamers.And as those who liked the past stories,as well as it was told.It does not mix well.Not many will or want to adapt or change. but we know most of those people are ignored.As they die out.And have very little of `old` developers that stick with them.Through change of time.To gameing.
---
Is A guy.Like guys ONLY! "Rights are not won on paper. They are won only by those who make their voices heard"-Harvey Milk
#300GeassMasterPosted 12/7/2012 9:38:39 PM
generalwimp posted...
GeassMaster posted...

They didnt announce one, i dont think there was an award topic for it =P

This might be the thing Yosp was talking about. It's likely a PSV game that won it(as you can tell it looks like most of the people there knew who won what before hand, going by Patcher's trolling.). Must be another Microsoft payoff, gotta give the Vita as little attention as possible.

I'm guess Diablo 3 won PC GOTY, Madden won best sports game, Need for Speed best driving game,
Most anticipated wasn't announced either....
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.