This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2012 Spike VGA / Video Game Awards discussion thread

#311killakPosted 12/8/2012 12:12:59 AM
I don't even understand what's supposed to be funny

discussing a video game award show, since the outcome is just declarations of some subpar game being "the best"

hell you're using it to call anyone that disagrees, a whiner.

So yeah......LOL
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
#312lambchipsPosted 12/8/2012 12:16:25 AM
generalwimp posted...
This is the full list of Winners.

Best Shooter - Borderlands 2

Best Action/Adventure - Dishonored

Best Indie Game - Journey

Best Character of the Year - Claptrap (borderlands 2)

Best Game of the Decade - Half life 2

Game of the Year - The Walking Dead

and if u cant download the walking dead off the psn store, i would go out on Tuesday and buy the disk, its really good, and the ending is VERY emotional!!

so basically most of the award went to.... pc games? i thought pc had no games? or is it just people on this board that delude themselves to think pc has no games?
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#313TheRatedR_Viper(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 12:21:35 AM
I don't even understand what's supposed to be funny

discussing a video game award show, since the outcome is just declarations of some subpar game being "the best"

hell you're using it to call anyone that disagrees, a whiner.

So yeah......LOL

You are looking WAY to deep into a topic I've made 4 years in a row. I literally whipped up the opening post on the fly and had absolutely no intentions of shoving my opinions down anyones throat. Although when you hold grudges against people and purposely look for arguments to start that don't exist I can understand where you found this conspiracy theory
---
Latest movie review: Silent Hill: Revelation- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ZWrIc5aLA + Cloud Atlas- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLZ2yfovyY0
#314killakPosted 12/8/2012 12:23:20 AM
I don't care if you made it 10 years in a row. This aint your board, and any and all topics are open to criticism.

Say that people are crying or whining because they disagree with your force fed opinion, and you should expect what you're getting.
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#315BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 12/8/2012 12:32:46 AM
I am happy with Walking Dead winning GOTY, and I am glad that Borderlands got some recognition, but I wish there were more announcements. I also wish that we got at least one good announcement. lol
---
Intel i5-3570k | 2GB EVGA GTX 670 FTW | 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Corsair 500R | Seasonic M12II 620w | 1 TB Seasonic Barracuda HDD | CM 212 Evo
#316UtterMoonPosted 12/8/2012 12:55:17 AM
lambchips posted...
generalwimp posted...
This is the full list of Winners.

Best Shooter - Borderlands 2

Best Action/Adventure - Dishonored

Best Indie Game - Journey

Best Character of the Year - Claptrap (borderlands 2)

Best Game of the Decade - Half life 2

Game of the Year - The Walking Dead

and if u cant download the walking dead off the psn store, i would go out on Tuesday and buy the disk, its really good, and the ending is VERY emotional!!

so basically most of the award went to.... pc games? i thought pc had no games? or is it just people on this board that delude themselves to think pc has no games?

And by PC games..you meant games that are all on multiple platforms...right?
#317lambchipsPosted 12/8/2012 12:59:22 AM
UtterMoon posted...

yes, but the pc version is always the definitive versions which is why i call them pc games...
im not going to call an inferior product the definitive version
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#318Battleship_GrayPosted 12/8/2012 1:05:36 AM
lambchips posted...
UtterMoon posted...

yes, but the pc version is always the definitive versions which is why i call them pc games...
im not going to call an inferior product the definitive version

That's fine. Stupid, but fine. They're mainly console games, they're advertised more as console games and the bulk of copies sold was likely on consoles.

I know forcing PC / console comparisons are your thing...on a console board...but this is just silly.
---
http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#319SomnusNemorisPosted 12/8/2012 3:28:27 AM
killak posted...
I don't care if you made it 10 years in a row. This aint your board, and any and all topics are open to criticism.

Say that people are crying or whining because they disagree with your force fed opinion, and you should expect what you're getting.

This. So he was agreeing that Journey being GOTY would be a stupid GOTY, yet anyone disagreeing with TWD are whiners eh?

Rob has become such an arrogant, self-important little keyboard warrior. He needs to take a look at his life as a jobless leisure writer on some nobody's site - the same nobody who is a piece of s*** on YouTube and will crash and burn at any minute.
#320killakPosted 12/8/2012 3:36:49 AM
You know, Marcus, a real issue I have with Rob at the moment is he is barely a part of this community now and only seems to swoop in to let us know that DSP scores a game highly (meaning it's good, apparently), or to throw down his "i'm playing this, it/'s great/sucks" topics......and has the audacity to insult people.
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots