This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Ray boss battle, holy ****, WE WON!!!!!!!!

#1L0rdCrumpPosted 12/7/2012 6:33:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHvaLZSG_O4&t=123

That was awesome.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#2Shadow CloudPosted 12/7/2012 6:35:50 AM
Hot damn that's awesome. I'm not exactly a DMC hater (I thought the demo was decent), but how can that game compare to this?
#3ChaingunmasterPosted 12/7/2012 6:41:58 AM
I agree, DMC looks like fun but this was by far the better demo.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#4AnonUnknownPosted 12/7/2012 6:58:57 AM
lol that's one of the most exaggerated boss battles of all time
#5Bestia_SomniaPosted 12/7/2012 7:00:23 AM
I'm looking forward to MGR, but I'm not happy with how stupidly strong they made Raiden. Cutting through a Metal Gear Ray like butter? Running along missiles like stepping stones? Throwing the Metal Gear Ray? Cutting missiles that seemingly just disappear instead of exploding in Raiden's face like they actually would? Being able to run as fast as a moving train?

The devs shouldn't be completely butchering the canon of a series to make a character even more of a Mary Sue Superman-wannabe. Sure, it's entertaining, but it's really out of place.
#6ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/7/2012 7:01:55 AM
Shadow Cloud posted...
Hot damn that's awesome. I'm not exactly a DMC hater (I thought the demo was decent), but how can that game compare to this?

DmC doesn't compare to this. MGR is in a league with the likes of Bayonetta and the actual Dante.
#7Thermador446Posted 12/7/2012 7:09:06 AM
Wow, that music is terrible.

they might try to see if they could get someone like Brendan Small to make it not s***ty, but that's still asking alot.
---
"You're telling me that Christ comes back to life every Sunday in the form of a bowl of crackers; and then you proceed to just eat the man, Correct?"
#8Sephivengeance9Posted 12/7/2012 7:10:09 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
I'm looking forward to MGR, but I'm not happy with how stupidly strong they made Raiden. Cutting through a Metal Gear Ray like butter? Running along missiles like stepping stones? Throwing the Metal Gear Ray? Cutting missiles that seemingly just disappear instead of exploding in Raiden's face like they actually would? Being able to run as fast as a moving train?

The devs shouldn't be completely butchering the canon of a series to make a character even more of a Mary Sue Superman-wannabe. Sure, it's entertaining, but it's really out of place.

Judge a character based on gameplay mechanics. Riiiight.

Regardless, it's not too far removed from the canon, look at that scene in Shadow Moses where Raiden held back Outer Haven with one arm gone, he may have EVENTUALLY given way, but the fact remains he still held back a massive island sized strong-hold by himself.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#9ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/7/2012 7:11:22 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...

Someone hasn't played MGS4.
#10JONlCSPosted 12/7/2012 7:14:23 AM
HOW THE HELL CAN RAIDEN LIFT AND THROW THAT?!!?!?!
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/10/2/-8gupej1n0SUAWum34xqdw2.gif