This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Ray boss battle, holy ****, WE WON!!!!!!!!

#71ChancreScolexPosted 12/7/2012 11:46:29 AM
WiiFan77 posted...
stawg007 posted...
Can I borrow your time machine?

Sure, try playing any other 3rd-person action game ever. It'll be just like playing this game.

Mash some button to lift up something and throw it. Then run into a group of enemies and mash more buttons to watch your character rip them apart. Oh! But don't forget to move out of the way when the enemy attacks! So exciting, amirite?

Well hell, when you oversimplify something like that, everything seems pointless and not fun. Why play anything? It's just mashing buttons and looking at the screen.
#72Vergil92Posted 12/7/2012 11:48:45 AM
YWiiFan77 posted...
stawg007 posted...

Sure, try playing any other 3rd-person action game ever. It'll be just like playing this game.

Mash some button to lift up something and throw it. Then run into a group of enemies and mash more buttons to watch your character rip them apart. Oh! But don't forget to move out of the way when the enemy attacks! So exciting, amirite?

You know, you can generalize just about anything like that.
---
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
#73Video_Game_CzarPosted 12/7/2012 11:51:42 AM
WiiFan77 posted...
stawg007 posted...

Pretty much proved you know jack...Please, stop making yourself look silly.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#74TerotrousPosted 12/7/2012 11:51:43 AM
Graphically it was cool, but the gameplay looks like it's like 95% quicktime and mashing buttons in blade mode.

I really don't know why developers think those are good mechanics. Quicktime really needs to be killed off altogether.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#75-Damien-Posted 12/7/2012 11:53:33 AM
Snake is old, he retired.

Grandpa needs to slow down, leave the world saving to Cyborg Ninja Raiden
#76WiiFan77Posted 12/7/2012 11:55:07 AM(edited)
Then maybe I've played the wrong actions games. Because I bought Assassin's Creed 2, and a family member owns other AC games, Arkham City, Prototype, God of War, and more. He's a fan of those. I've played them, and they're all exactly alike, to me.
---
???
#77ChancreScolexPosted 12/7/2012 12:04:19 PM(edited)
WiiFan77 posted...
Then maybe I've played the wrong actions games. Because I bought Assassin's Creed 2, and a family member owns other AC games, Arkham City, Prototype, God of War, and more. He's a fan of those. I've played them, and they're all exactly alike, to me.

Different leagues entirely. MGR is on the level of DMC3/4 and Bayonetta. Ninja Gaiden/Black/2 is below those (I'd put God Hand there too), then everything else is below that.
#78EliteGuard99Posted 12/7/2012 11:58:00 AM
Thermador446 posted...
Wow, that music is terrible.

they might try to see if they could get someone like Brendan Small to make it not s***ty, but that's still asking alot.

Ih knew, ned mor dubstep u rigt?
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#79ChancreScolexPosted 12/7/2012 12:00:01 PM
EliteGuard99 posted...
Thermador446 posted...

they might try to see if they could get someone like Brendan Small to make it not s***ty, but that's still asking alot.

Ok how would you get dubstep out of him saying Brendon Small and you have metal in your sig!? Listen to Galaktikon and Dethklok man!! Also, that's what custom soundtracks are for.
#80EliteGuard99Posted 12/7/2012 12:04:12 PM
ChancreScolex posted...
EliteGuard99 posted...
Thermador446 posted...

Ok how would you get dubstep out of him saying Brendon Small and you have metal in your sig!? Listen to Galaktikon and Dethklok man!! Also, that's what custom soundtracks are for.

1) I was mocking him

2) I already listen to Dethklok and various other Heavy/Power/Death metal bands, it's my favorite genre of music followed by Rock.

3) as you said, thats what pluging you ipod inot you PS3/Xbox360 is for, if you don't like the in game music.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser