This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Ray boss battle, holy ****, WE WON!!!!!!!!

#81AalviPosted 12/7/2012 11:16:53 AM
This isn't new, he is the current cyborg of the series just like gray fox and olga before him.

they all display crazy feats because they aren't human anymore
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#82SomnusNemorisPosted 12/7/2012 11:28:11 AM
jurrian91 posted...
SomnusNemoris posted...
lol this is just not Metal Gear.

It looks great, but Metal Gear, it is not.

Yes it is. It's not Metal Gear SOLID but it is Metal Gear.
I seriously can't believe how people still don't get something so simple.

No it's not. I'm referring to something far less superficial than its name alone. I seriously cannot believe how people still don't get something so simple.
#83chaosflame108Posted 12/7/2012 11:38:28 AM(edited)
I'm looking forward to MGR, but I'm not happy with how stupidly strong they made Raiden. Cutting through a Metal Gear Ray like butter? Running along missiles like stepping stones? Throwing the Metal Gear Ray? Cutting missiles that seemingly just disappear instead of exploding in Raiden's face like they actually would? Being able to run as fast as a moving train?

The devs shouldn't be completely butchering the canon of a series to make a character even more of a Mary Sue Superman-wannabe. Sure, it's entertaining, but it's really out of place.

Sigh.......really dude, like really? -____-

Please go back and play mgs4? Or rather, go back and play mgs 1. Gray Fox is able to completely hold Rex in place with one arm.

Vulcan Raven is able to wield a harrier mounted machine gun with ease.

Raiden twirls around two gecko's with his legs as if they were simple rag dolls. OUTER HAVEN!!!!!

All i can say is, please be quiet and welcome to the Metal gear solid universe. -____-

To be on topic.

I love how that portion of the game uses the mgs4 hud, nice touch Platinum games. :)
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#84caffiend7Posted 12/7/2012 11:39:33 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...
jurrian91 posted...
SomnusNemoris posted...
lol this is just not Metal Gear.

It looks great, but Metal Gear, it is not.

Yes it is. It's not Metal Gear SOLID but it is Metal Gear.
I seriously can't believe how people still don't get something so simple.

No it's not. I'm referring to something far less superficial than its name alone. I seriously cannot believe how people still don't get something so simple.

Dude stop living in denial, it is Metal Gear. And if you think this is bad you probably won't like how ZOE is in the same universe as Metal Gear same with Snatcher.
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#85sephiroth068Posted 12/7/2012 11:41:04 AM
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...
@Bestia

Rising isn't canon so don't get so worked up over nothing.

people STILL say this?!?!?!?!?

Rising is CANON. Kojima has said it, Konami has said it, various people that have worked on it have said it

Rising is canon until stated otherwise. Unless they go back on that and say its non canon later, it is canon to the MGS series...DEAL WITH IT!
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#86SomnusNemorisPosted 12/7/2012 11:42:09 AM
Mate, I couldn't give a crap about the universe, ZoE or anything else. I'm just giving my view that this is not Metal Gear.
#87CrimsonCorpPosted 12/7/2012 12:10:14 PM
JONlCS posted...
and is that friggin game canon??!??! WHAT THE EFF!!
#88RollingCradlePosted 12/7/2012 12:13:49 PM
Def looks to be the very best Metal Gear title to date. Suck it boring clunky MGSs.
#89popping4itPosted 12/7/2012 12:16:36 PM
xbox button prompts
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#90BeerOnTapPosted 12/7/2012 12:17:28 PM
THIS is metal gear?
Looks more like some far fetched anime inspired game.